02-14-10 08:44 PM
67 123
tools
    I pretty much only use it to communicate with my wife's work BB. Her personal phone doesn't have a qwerty keyboard or a texting plan. My friends with work BBs have the messenger app disabled.

I like BBM because it has deliver and read flags. Plus it doesn't use messages from my texting plan.
    01-29-10 04:03 PM
    I only use it to chat with my BBM group. Other than that, I don't use it because not many of my friends have BBs. And for those that do, they don't have a data plan.
    01-29-10 04:59 PM
    Don't use BBM much myself, other than with a few folks here in CB. All the folks I know in my life that I text, either do not have Blackberries or use several phones and swap the SIM between them, like most people change underwear.
    01-29-10 05:15 PM
    i havnt even used BBM yet but i dnt really hae a reason too. none of my close friendz dont have blackberriez. so ill just use my texting. i have unlimited anywayz so whatz the point. i might just erase it.
    01-29-10 06:04 PM
    BBM is NOT even installed on my BB.
    01-29-10 07:48 PM
    BBM is NOT even installed on my BB.
    So THAT is why you never added me. Just kidding. I only have 2 people on mine.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-29-10 08:40 PM
    Use it daily. have a few contacts in it. Hate that it devours battery in my 8530...
    01-31-10 07:31 PM
    I used it once in the past ten years, now I have it uninstalled to free up space...everyone I know uses sms.
    01-31-10 07:36 PM
    I only have 2 contacts on mine. Most of my friends don't have bb's
    01-31-10 07:51 PM
    I don't use it because no one I know has a BB. Sad I know...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-31-10 07:57 PM
    Wife and I use the heck outta BBM.

most of out closest friends use BBM, my parents, my boss.

Just wish I could convert everyone.
    01-31-10 08:33 PM
    If it's just you and a few other people, BBM is just slightly better over SMS (as others said, faster, etc).

But I think group chats and sharing pics are the biggest benefits of the new BBM 5, allowing everyone in the group to contribute (e.g. where we want to hang out, what're the plans for XYZ event, so and so). It's also easy to notify people about things.
    02-02-10 03:50 PM
    I work with four other guys with blackberries and most of them dont even know what BBM is, well enough even use it.... Im gonna try to get them to all try it out though. Other than them, I don't know anyone else with a BB to talk to...
    02-02-10 03:56 PM
    As others have said, I don't use it because I don't really know anyone else with a BB. Well, my boss has one but I don't really text with her My husband has an iPhone so we use normal texting to chat.
    02-11-10 07:30 AM
    If it's just you and a few other people, BBM is just slightly better over SMS (as others said, faster, etc).

But I think group chats and sharing pics are the biggest benefits of the new BBM 5, allowing everyone in the group to contribute (e.g. where we want to hang out, what're the plans for XYZ event, so and so). It's also easy to notify people about things.
    For me the biggest benefit of BBM over SMS are the delivery and read flags. I don't use group chats because I don't know enough BB users to form a group. Transferring contacts over BBM is cool though.
    02-13-10 05:29 AM
    I'm unsure whether I prefer it over SMS. I only have two or three friends that have BlackBerrys that I know of so I sometimes use it with those.
    02-14-10 03:29 AM
    I wish i had more friends and family with Blackberries so I could use it more. I keep trying to sway them to the Blackberry camp, but they all seem to want Droids and iphones.
    02-14-10 08:44 PM
67 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD