02-14-10 09:44 PM
67 123
tools
    Back when I had an iPhone, I sent out about 800 texts a month. Since I got my BlackBerry, I send about 50. Everyone I talk to on a regular basis has a BlackBerry. BBM is amazing.
    01-27-10 07:27 PM
    I don't use BBM. Every1 I need is on yahoo & msn~

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-27-10 07:36 PM
    Besides having contacts of friends and co-workers, I have developed GREAT new friendships with fellow BBers from all over the world. So besides being handy way to send messages to everyone. It is a GREAT way to meet new people. I think you might be better off not having it if you don't want to have your BB glued to your hand for the rest of your life.
    01-27-10 07:43 PM
    I notice people who are socially active will begin using BBM regularly. Those that are anti-social, the iPhone or an Android phone would suite them better. There is definitely a whole new community of social networker with BBM.
    01-28-10 03:59 AM
    Those that are anti-social, the iPhone or an Android phone would suite them better. There is definitely a whole new community of social networker with BBM.
    Oh boy. You better put on a hazmat suit for that one. Haha.
    01-28-10 05:27 AM
    Bbm is the best kept secret by carriers. Think about it, free text chat, free picture, video and file transfers and free all over the world, u just pay for data that's already included in your account.

I wish everybody would use bbm.

01-28-10 07:52 AM
    Most people I know with a bb don't use bbm. All the people on my bbm list are people I met on the forums.

01-28-10 07:56 AM
    I don't use it much because I don't have but a couple of people I know with BB's and 1 of them is overseas on tour so he has his phone temporarily cut off.
    01-28-10 08:02 AM
    I dont use bbm as of yet. None of the people i know really use it either.

Even if i didnt have bis i would still use my blackberry as you can still use it as a phone/sms device and if you have wifi at home you can still browse the web only thing you cant get is your emails use facebook or browse the web on edge/3g

Even without bbm/bis the blackberry is still a much capable unit
    01-28-10 08:04 AM
    Most people I know with a bb don't use bbm. All the people on my bbm list are people I met on the forums.

That's because they don't have a clue what's it for. I would try to educate them if I were you. I told 3 people about it and now they only contact me trough bbm. They all had blackberrys way longer then me

01-28-10 08:05 AM
    I have 6 family members who use BB's. I love the fact that BBM is faster than SMS, and we all belong to a picture sharing group and can have a joint chat continuously going. All the pictures load so much faster on BB Groups.
    01-28-10 11:44 AM
    Use bbm daily with multiple conversations...
    01-28-10 11:55 AM
    That's because they don't have a clue what's it for. I would try to educate them if I were you. I told 3 people about it and now they only contact me trough bbm. They all had blackberrys way longer then me

I had a BB the better part of two years before I used it. When I got my 8300 I didn't have any friends at all with a BB so I deleted it and to save space I never put it back on. When I got my 8900 and was no longer starved for space I finally decided to give it a try.

You're exactly right! Once people start to use BBM, even if they knew it existed but just never used it, they start to love it because of how easy and convienent it is! It's great.
    01-28-10 01:52 PM
    I use BBM with people who have BlackBerrys and the rest SMS. I have unlimited texting so for me it doesn't matter but I do prefer BBM over text. Sadly most of my close friends don't have blackberrys.
    01-28-10 02:47 PM
    I never use it. It seems pointless to me. I have unlimited texting so what's the point? I do prefer the chat-style messaging of BBM, but for me, texting is just easier. And 5.0 OS comes with chat-style messaging anyway...

It also kind of annoys me to have an IM program always running. I feel like people expect instant replies and I can't (and to be honest, don't want to) always do that. Texting just gives me more of a "reply at your convenience" feeling and I don't have to try to keep up with several active "live" conversations at once. I've got a four year old son and a fairly busy life, and I don't really like to have tons of people on an IM program constantly sending me messages. I definitely take time out for my family, too.

I'm sure it's GREAT to use in certain situations... It's just not for me at this point in my life.
    01-28-10 03:44 PM
    I use it mostly for my wife,co-workers, and sports groups. Most of my friends barely use it. The unlimited text gets more use since most of our family is out of state
    01-28-10 03:54 PM
    I use BBM a lot with my friends who own blackberrys. There is no character (160) limit with BBM like there is on a text, and you get to instantly see if your message was delivered and opened by the recipient. It is very easy to transfer files, photos, etc thru BBM. You can even use it to show your location through GPS to your BBM friends, on a map. What's not to like?
    01-28-10 03:55 PM
    I love bbm.... I use it allot. once you start you just can't stop. So fast, quick and easy. When I was out of the country I would use bbm to talk to my girlfriend mostly... That thing saved me allot of $.
    01-28-10 04:18 PM
    BBM is simply a part of my everyday life
    01-29-10 12:50 AM
    Never use it. Only two people I message regularly have BB's, and ultimately for me, it came down to using extra data all day long to do messaging or text messages. I get more than a couple extra hours of battery life out of my daily charge by just texting my friends with BB's instead of BBMing them. BBM is nice, but with all the messaging I do, BBM eats too much battery over the course of the day for me to stick with it.

01-29-10 01:13 AM
    i rarely use the BBM.
    01-29-10 05:24 AM
    I don't really know anyone else with a BB so I do not use it.
    01-29-10 09:29 AM
    I use it all the time me and my friends talk on BBM family and my girl friend I love it

01-29-10 09:39 AM
    I figure as long as I'm paying for data, I make it a point to use it lol.
    01-29-10 04:43 PM
    I used to use it with my Curve 8320. I liked using it but none of my friends had BBs so I just talked to people on the forums and some of them had some issues which made me not want to use it anymore. I stopped using it after I got my Storm, but maybe after I get the Essex I will use it again.
    01-29-10 04:59 PM
67 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD