Each time I upgrade bbm, it takes ANOTHER 3MB of memory instead of replacing it like I think it should. I don't uninstall the previous version & then download the new one, I just hit the upgrade button in app world. Should I try uninstalling it then reinstalling again? Any way to simply recover that memory?
    12-23-09 03:55 PM
    If it's not too much trouble, I'd really, REALLY like an answer to this. Every time I upgrade, & the upgrades are coming fast these days, it gobbles up another 3MB. And sometimes, it says there's a problem while installing & it makes me download it AGAIN, & another 3MB goes down the drain. I have a 9700 which apparently has great app memory (this is my first bb so I can't really compare it to others). I've only downloaded like 10 3rd party apps & I'm already down to approximately 85MB. I've seen people on here say that they have dozens of apps installed & I just don't see how this is possible unless I'm doing something very wrong.

Any insight would be appreciated.
    12-24-09 03:22 PM
    do a backup of your contact list, remove bbm, reboot, check memory status, reboot, install new bbm .57 and compare

bbm has come a long way since 4.x so it is not suprising that it is taking up more memory

all the 5.x bbm should all be roughly be the same in terms of app space required
    12-24-09 03:41 PM
    Thanks black, but if I uninstall it, then redownload it, wouldn't that be using the same 3MB. Am I already screwed because I've kept gobbling my memory up doing upgrades of bbm w/o uninstalling it first? Is there any way to get that memory back? I mean, I've used like 9-12MB just on bbm upgrades.
    12-24-09 04:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD