I recently noted that one of my contacts was suddenly in my address book at least 10 times. I went to delete it and all of my contacts (hundreds of them were gone). No problem! I do regular back-ups and sync with outlook daily. I, however, have been unable to sync my address book. On my desktop organizer it says address book not installed. I am stuck at this point.
    On my BB there is a contacts folder which is empty.
    I have a BB Storm (9530)* with OS 5.0.0.1041
    BB Desktop 6.0.1.18.
    Win 7 64 bit.
    Thanks in advance,

*Yes, I still have the original storm!
    01-12-11 01:04 PM
    Update: Using Verizon backup Assistant, I reloaded all my contacts. But on my BB Desktop it still claims addressbook not installed. Any ideas as to what I need to do to restore it?
    01-12-11 07:42 PM
    I'm having the same issue on my Storm 9550. It started after the .1015 upgrade. All my contacts were gone after I deleted one entry that was repeated multiple times. Using DM, I restored all the contacts (including the one that is repeated). I backed-up my device and reinstalled the OS, but that did not restore my "address book" only my "recent contacts" (which, fortunately is my entire address book). So I decided to search for a back-up file (pre-OS upgrade) that has the "address book". I restored it and it seemed to be an "address book" file. But now, again, DM shows the "address book not installed". While all my contacts are there, DM is still not recognizing the address book. When I look at my device's contacts > options > default, there are 193 contacts. But when I look at options > status > database sizes, there is no address book. argh.
    01-23-11 08:10 AM
    After wiping my address book to try and remove multiple (4) same contact as recommended in other forum (Did not work by the way), I also have encountered address book not installed in Organizer in Desktop Manager v. 6.
    I also can no longer even manually add a contact on the device.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
    04-13-11 03:42 PM
    Moved to Native Apps
    04-14-11 10:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD