11-05-09 02:58 AM
30 12
tools
    I've been trying to add my yahoo email address via BIS, but i get the message that i need to enable the POP on my yahoo account. When i try to do that, yahoo prompts me to upgrade to yahoo plus for 19.99 a year.

When i try to add the yahoo account through the handheld, i get a message that i need to access the site via URL.

What am I doing wrong?
    Thanks in advance
    03-19-09 06:52 PM
    Just as a possible solution...there is Yahoo! Go, a mobile app that is kinda cool. I don't use Yahoo but if I did I would have that app for sure. It's nicer than the gmail app!
    03-19-09 06:54 PM
    How exactly are you putting the settings into your BIS?

I have two different Yahoo email accounts set up on mine and neither is a Yahoo Plus account.
    03-19-09 06:57 PM
    How exactly are you putting the settings into your BIS?

I have two different Yahoo email accounts set up on mine and neither is a Yahoo Plus account.
    I log into my BIS. Select add email. I input my yahoo email address in the following format: username at yahoo. Than i enter the password. When I click next i get a message saying that i need to activate POP for my yahoo account and I am given two options:
    1. I have activated pop
    2. I want to add another email account.

If i select that i have activated pop i';m taken to a screen that asks me to enter the mail server. I enter mail.pop.yahoo.com and click next.
    Than im given a message that says cannot connect to server or invalid server name.

Thanks
    03-19-09 07:15 PM
    Very weird. I've never had that happen. I just added another email address that I have that's a ymail.com address and I had no problem.

Questions.

Did you enter your email address as username@yahoo or username@yahoo.com?

And did you enter the password twice? My BIS has me enter the password twice.

Otherwise, the only other thing I can think of is that it's maybe an issue with your specific carrier. That's just a wild guess, though.
    03-19-09 11:04 PM
    Very weird indeed. I setup 3 different yahoo emails to my Blackberry through BIS / Email setup with no problem, none of them is Yahoo Plus.

quote:
    "Add An Existing Email Account
    Set up an existing work or personal email account for use with your BlackBerry device.
    ex. Yahoo!, Gmail, Microsoft Outlook"

login to your BIS:
    add email accounts

enter your full email address! e.g. "username@yahoo.com"
    enter your email password
    confirm your email password

click NEXT.
    03-20-09 12:02 AM
    Very weird indeed. I setup 3 different yahoo emails to my Blackberry through BIS / Email setup with no problem, none of them is Yahoo Plus.

quote:
    "Add An Existing Email Account
    Set up an existing work or personal email account for use with your BlackBerry device.
    ex. Yahoo!, Gmail, Microsoft Outlook"

login to your BIS:
    add email accounts

enter your full email address! e.g. "username@yahoo.com"
    enter your email password
    confirm your email password

click NEXT.
    That is exactly what i do before I get the message
    03-20-09 02:32 AM
    And this is why GMail > Yahoo.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-20-09 02:41 AM
    And this is why GMail > Yahoo.

No doubt about it, but I do need to have this email address on the BIS as well.
    03-20-09 02:44 AM
    You might need to contact your carrier, then.
    03-20-09 08:50 AM
    Just tried this on mine and it set up Yahoo without an error. It also put a unique Yahoo mail icon on my desktop for the account....it would be nice if other providers would do that as well.
    03-20-09 09:02 AM
    Though I splurged for the plus @ $20 a year I had no issues adding my yahoo addy to BIS.
    03-20-09 09:06 AM
    If you cant do it through the phone, you can easily do it through My.Tmobile.com

I never did it through BIS, just through their website. Go down to the bottom-left and click on the link that says "Set up BlackBerry Internet e-mail"
    03-20-09 06:33 PM
    Guys was makedonce able to solve his problem.I try adding my yahoomail through my device it keeps returning an error.Will a battery pull solve thr problem?
    10-25-09 04:29 PM
    What is the error? Have you tried adding it via your carrier's BIS webpage?
    10-25-09 04:35 PM
    Strange, never had a problem, and unlike hotmail yahoo will push mail to my phone. No polling needed. And it's a free account.

10-25-09 08:09 PM
    I've been trying to add my yahoo email address via BIS, but i get the message that i need to enable the POP on my yahoo account. When i try to do that, yahoo prompts me to upgrade to yahoo plus for 19.99 a year.

When i try to add the yahoo account through the handheld, i get a message that i need to access the site via URL.

What am I doing wrong?
    Thanks in advance
    I don't know what you're doing wrong... I just added another yahoo email to my phone to test if I could do it, and I could!! ( so I now have 6 emails on my phone! gotta delete some of those!!)

Maybe you can try this and see if it works.

Yahoo! Mail for BlackBerry
    10-25-09 11:20 PM
    I don't know what you're doing wrong... I just added another yahoo email to my phone to test if I could do it, and I could!! ( so I now have 6 emails on my phone! gotta delete some of those!!)

Maybe you can try this and see if it works.
    I still cant add the yahoo account. I have spoked with tech support from Vodafone and they said that Yahoo and Vodafone Macedonia have not signed an agreement and that is why Yahoo mail is not supported. To me, this is a BS excuse, but there is nothing much I can do.
    10-26-09 03:00 AM
    Use Inbox.com for your email on your Blackberry, and then forward the Yahoo email to your Inbox.com acct. I love Inbox.com so I can recommend doing that if you can't add yahoo on your phone.
    10-26-09 11:45 AM
    I think that in order to have FFD enabled in yahoo, you must pay for the premium account, unless you have one of the old accounts that had POP enabled.
    10-26-09 12:58 PM
    Bummer.... that's not good.
    10-26-09 01:22 PM
    Did you try to download this Blackberry Yahoo?
    10-26-09 01:34 PM
    What is the error? Have you tried adding it via your carrier's BIS webpage?
    It keeps telling me Invalid email address or password .verify email or password info provided is incorrect ...
    10-26-09 04:12 PM
    I used to get the same message. have u tried speaking with your operators? I bet you will get a similar answer to mine..
    10-26-09 04:16 PM
    Did you try to download this Blackberry Yahoo?
    How can i download and set up this on my device or do i do that set up on my laptop? can you provide a step by step procedure? after download will it push mail from my old email address?
    10-26-09 04:25 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD