Hi guys,

I've recently purchased the bold 9700.

I've been having trouble adding international contacts to my blackberry messenger. They never get my request and in my messenger it says pending but never appears in my contact list. The same thing when they try to add me they get the "pending authorization" message.

However with my local contacts I don't have this problem.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks
    12-25-09 02:23 PM
    Hi guys,

I've recently purchased the bold 9700.

I've been having trouble adding international contacts to my blackberry messenger. They never get my request and in my messenger it says pending but never appears in my contact list. The same thing when they try to add me they get the "pending authorization" message.

However with my local contacts I don't have this problem.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks
    Hello!

Whenever you are sending an invitation and the message is saying "Pending", it means exactly just that: your invitation is pending. The person you sent the invitation must accept your invitation before they will appear on your contact list. Same as when you receive a request from them. You have to accept their request before you will appear on their contact list.

As for their immediate answer, maybe because they live in a different time zone than yours, so maybe it is day in your country while they are happily dreaming at their own country they can't accept your request, as opposed to your local contacts who is living in the same time zone as yours...
    12-25-09 03:38 PM
    Hello!

Whenever you are sending an invitation and the message is saying "Pending", it means exactly just that: your invitation is pending. The person you sent the invitation must accept your invitation before they will appear on your contact list. Same as when you receive a request from them. You have to accept their request before you will appear on their contact list.

As for their immediate answer, maybe because they live in a different time zone than yours, so maybe it is day in your country while they are happily dreaming at their own country they can't accept your request, as opposed to your local contacts who is living in the same time zone as yours...
    Do you even bother reading what you respond to the guy said it isn't showing up to accept a invite from both sides I think that has very little to do with the time zone and them sleeping please read before you respond

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-25-09 06:32 PM
    Hahahaha good one (above)!

To OP: both phones are properly on BIS right? Do your international contacts have no problems connecting to their local contacts?

12-25-09 06:45 PM
    Do you even bother reading what you respond to the guy said it isn't showing up to accept a invite from both sides I think that has very little to do with the time zone and them sleeping please read before you respond

Sorry If I'm mistaken, but when he said: "They never get my request and in my messenger it says pending but never appears in my contact list. The same thing when they try to add me they get the "pending authorization" message", I thought that what RGIlles means to say is the invite message is still pending, ergo, they really won't appear in his contact list unless they accepted it. Same story to the other side.

As for the time zone, I'm thinking that since he's talking about international contacts, difference in time zones really do play part, as my contacts from other countries also took some time, some for as long as 24 Hours before they accepted my invitation or respond to my BBM messages. So it is just my suggestion that they might be sleeping. And it is a logical reason really, at least IMHO. I'm just trying to help RGIlles in the best possible way I that I could by offering some logical explanation to his dilemma, since it also happened to me occasionally.

Anyway, there's no need to make this an issue. You've stated your point and if you think I've done something wrong, then I might have really done so by misunderstanding his statement. I then rest my case.

Merry Christmas and A Prosperous New Year to you...! Peace...!
    12-25-09 07:07 PM
    Yes correct when I try to add them via the blackberry messenger I keep getting the "Pending authorization" message. What I mean is that the contact that I'm trying to add never gets my invitation request. And this happens only with contacts that are abroad.

With local contacts I don't have this problem.
    12-25-09 11:35 PM
    Yes correct when I try to add them via the blackberry messenger I keep getting the "Pending authorization" message. What I mean is that the contact that I'm trying to add never gets my invitation request. And this happens only with contacts that are abroad.

i don't even know if it would make a difference, but how are you sending the invites? e-mail? pin? maybe try doing it the other way? just a thought...
    12-25-09 11:39 PM
    I did it through pin and email. I also asked my contacts to send me a request. But noting they'll just sit there in my pending tab
    12-26-09 12:32 AM
    Hello!

Honestly though, if I was the OP, I would just feel insulted by a reply like this. This basically insinuates that the OP doesn't have the intelligence to understand time differences... it's just common sense. I'm pretty (absolutely) sure what you posted wouldn't have been his problem if he took the time to post it here... and probably 99% of people would be in the same boat.
    12-26-09 01:40 AM

I did it through pin and email. I also asked my contacts to send me a request. But noting they'll just sit there in my pending tab
    Then I stand corrected by noaim. Sorry for my mistake. I completely misunderstood your statement there...

Anyway, it could be due to the reason of difference in BlackBerry Messenger's version. If you and your local contacts are using the latest version (.57), and if by any chance your contacts abroad might still be using the .55 and .56 versions or even the older versions, there might be a communication problem. As RIM stated in their statement during the latest BIS service outage recommending everybody to upgrade to .57. Otherwise, there might be still some hidden issues and backlogs left behind in other countries that RIM might still be sorting out and this might be causing the problem.

Honestly though, if I was the OP, I would just feel insulted by a reply like this. This basically insinuates that the OP doesn't have the intelligence to understand time differences... it's just common sense. I'm pretty (absolutely) sure what you posted wouldn't have been his problem if he took the time to post it here... and probably 99% of people would be in the same boat.
    I hope you are mature enough to understand that going back to my previous statement and giving remarks based on that will not help solve the issue that the OP is having, and will only cause this thread to really stray away from the current issue and be totally off topic.

We are trying to solve an issue here, and in this type of communication where you can't see the person you are communicating to, misunderstandings are common. As such, giving help and advice is a hit and miss. Apparently, the OP seems to have perfectly understood this, as he did not hit me with all of his anger despite of my mistake (to which I'm really thankful to him), as opposed to what you would want him to feel. Please don't ride on with this issue, as there's really no reason for you to get back on me now other than trying to flame me.

If I have ever offended anybody because you are thinking in the same way as dLo GSR, I'm Sorry. I stand corrected and fully accepted my mistake due to my misunderstanding of the OP's statement. But I would like to clarify that it was never my intention to insult the OP, by insinuating "that the OP doesn't have the intelligence to understand time differences..." as dLo GSR is apparently suggesting. I hope this will be the end of hitting me and re-focusing on helping the OP, instead.
    12-26-09 04:02 AM
    Dude, don't point anything at me. My whole point of that post was to explain to you why I thought your original suggestion wasn't very logical in a common-sense point of view. Your responses sometimes tend to have this "I know better than you" intonation to them, and when you suggest such a simple (silly) suggestion to his problem, it just strikes a chord. That's all I have to say.
    12-27-09 02:42 PM
    Dude, don't point anything at me. My whole point of that post was to explain to you why I thought your original suggestion wasn't very logical in a common-sense point of view. Your responses sometimes tend to have this "I know better than you" intonation to them, and when you suggest such a simple (silly) suggestion to his problem, it just strikes a chord. That's all I have to say.
    OK, then. I already said my piece of mind and I have in fact already forgotten it; you already said yours and I am totally accepting it. From now on, I will be more careful to my choice of words so as not to mislead the others and avoid misunderstanding. Let us now finish this issue and move on forward. Peace then?

Anyway, I hope that the OP already solved that issue.
    12-27-09 02:55 PM
    Sometimes the answer is simple and silly.

12-27-09 03:00 PM
    whoa everyone just calm down it wasnt meant to be a attack
    12-27-09 03:09 PM
    whoa everyone just calm down it wasnt meant to be a attack
    All of this issue started when you slam me at my face, noaim... (Joke!) LOL!
    So you mean to say you came back to this thread "just now", after those so many days?
    12-27-09 03:15 PM
    *quietly tiptoes backwards out of this room*
    12-27-09 03:30 PM
    I am also experiencing this problem on my Bold 9700. I purchased my phone in Indonesia and bbm was working fine there internationally. However, when I returned to the US, I cannot receive international messages. I know they receive all messages and files, but when they try to reply, the message fails to send (red timeout icon appears). I tried asking T-Mobile's support, but their only suggestions have been to restart

I also know that my international contacts can't reply to PIN messages. Basically, I'm having a lot of trouble with my bbm as I can't add any international contacts as well. Thanks!
    01-30-10 01:05 PM
    Was this ever solved?
    02-23-11 04:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD