Am I doing something wrong?
    BBM>Add contact>Usse Once>Email(I type in Pin #)
    Is this the correct way?
    Thanks for your help!!
    09-02-08 01:52 PM
    I would suggest adding via PIN instead of email it is the best method.

Also, make sure your friends have a data plan, or the add request will remain pending.
    09-02-08 01:56 PM
    I would suggest adding via PIN instead of email it is the best method.

Also, make sure your friends have a data plan, or the add request will remain pending.
    i dont show anything that says add pin it just says email
    09-02-08 01:59 PM
    Mine only comes up with the email option if i hit the space bar to clear the box. I added contacts by directly typing in the pin rather than clearing the box with the space bar first
    09-02-08 01:59 PM
    Adding by email will not work unless that person has their email attached to their BB. You need scroll up to use once, press menu and you should see add by pin.
    Last edited by sunkast; 09-02-08 at 02:02 PM.
    09-02-08 02:00 PM
    Mine only comes up with the email option if i hit the space bar to clear the box. I added contacts by directly typing in the pin rather than clearing the box with the space bar first

can u tell me step by step...thanks
    09-02-08 02:02 PM
    can u tell me step by step...thanks
    I dunno if it is exactly the same for an 8100 but mine is BBM>add contact> which comes up with a box that contains 'type PIN/email address or name here'. If you clear the box using the space bar when you go to type in it it comes up with email@_____________ where as if you don't clear the box using the space bar but type numbers directly in, you get the option of pin/email/name from contacts
    09-02-08 02:11 PM

Menu>Add a Contact>scroll up so [use once] is highlighted>Menu>Request by Pin
    09-02-08 02:12 PM

thank you soooooooooooooo much this helped alot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    09-02-08 02:17 PM

Exactly what I said....
    09-02-08 02:18 PM
    Adding by email will not work unless that person has their email attached to their BB. You need scroll up to use once, press menu and you should see add by pin.
    thats true...thanks...
    09-02-08 02:20 PM
    I was able to add some to my BBM and they didn't have a data plan. It was hard though because for some odd reason his phone would not let him type letters (only would do numbers) in the PIN field under my contact info. I had to get his pin # and send him a pin message. Then he had to copy my pin # and paste it in my contact info. Then he went to BBM and sent me a request. When I sent him a pin request prior to him sending me one, it wouldn't work for some reason. It just said pending on my end.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-02-08 02:58 PM
    im 32/f/malaysia my pin is: 2111026e
    04-20-11 02:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD