ok so long story short i asked friend A. to send me friend B.'s phone number. He sent me his contact card through bbm, when i accepted it friend B was added to my bbm contacts list, but he doesnt even have a blackberry, when i click on his name it sends him a regular sms message but hes on my bbm list and it will notify me there when he has sent me something. Beside his name is a small cellphone and it says "text messaging contact" under his name. the convo shows up both in bbm and in my text message inbox

I was wondering if there is a way to add a few of my other friends to my bbm list in the same way so that i have everyone in one box/list
    12-12-10 11:57 PM
    ahhh found the answer

Add a contact that uses SMS text messaging

If you add a person who uses SMS text messaging as a contact to BlackBerry Messenger, you can send SMS text messages to and receive SMS text messages from the person in BlackBerry Messenger.

Depending on your wireless service plan or organization, this feature might not be supported. Extra fees might apply for sending or receiving SMS text messages.
    Before you begin: To perform this task, your BlackBerry device must be running BlackBerry Device Software version 5.0 or later.

1. On the Home screen or in the Instant Messaging folder, click the BlackBerry Messenger icon.
    2. On the contact list screen, press the Menu key.
    3. Click Invite Contact.
    4. Click Enter an SMS contact's name or phone number.
    5. Type part or all of the contact information.
    6. Click the contact information.
    7. If necessary, change the Category field.
    8. If necessary, type the name that you want to appear in your BlackBerry Messenger contact list.
    9. Click Add Contact.
    12-12-10 11:59 PM
    yea its a cool feature, but it seems pointless. the SMS layout is exactly like BBM now. why bother having a regular SMS contact, as a BBM one. now you get pointless double notifications.
    12-13-10 02:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD