Is there a faster way of adding all my BBM contacts to a new BB? Other than having to enter their PINs one by one? Plus is it necessary for a request to be sent to them? Can't they be added without the need to accept?
    blue_koolaid likes this.
    01-21-12 05:45 AM
    Is there a faster way of adding all my BBM contacts to a new BB? Other than having to enter their PINs one by one? Plus is it necessary for a request to be sent to them? Can't they be added without the need to accept?
    You should've backed up to an email address before you switched to the new one. Then just click restore and it's all done for you, your contacts will never notice the change.
    blue_koolaid likes this.
    01-21-12 05:55 AM
    You should've backed up to an email address before you switched to the new one. Then just click restore and it's all done for you, your contacts will never notice the change.
    I haven't yet. I wanted to know before switching. How do I backup to an email address?
    01-21-12 06:04 AM
    I haven't yet. I wanted to know before switching. How do I backup to an email address?
    Ok, open BBM, press menu, select back up, choose the email option and follow the steps.

Once you switch to the new device make sure you restore emails first and only then restore BBM, this is very important.
    blue_koolaid and Ammunet91 like this.
    01-21-12 06:08 AM
    I used device switch on dm and it worked like a charm....all contacts were back without having to re-invite...
    01-21-12 07:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD