Hi everyone,

I am absolutely stumped on this issue.

I purchased a 9360 off Kijiji that was unlocked. I simply took my SIM card and put it in. It worked perfectly for 2 weeks, BBM, email, all that stuff.

Recently, BBM and email would not work anymore. For no reason, it just stopped working.

So I contact my Service Provider (Rogers) and they said everything seems ok, I have a BB data plan, but for some reason it just WON'T work.

The host table is empty, I've tried to register it a million times, and nothing. I've upgrading to the latest firmware via my carrier (Rogers) and still nothing. I've wiped and restored more time then I can count.

Then rogers sent me these instructions:

Workaround
    To workaround the issue, complete the following:

Open BlackBerry Desktop Software
    Connect the affected BlackBerry to the computer
    Click on Applications from the left side
    Next to the listing for BlackBerry Identity with version 2.0.0.15, click the 'X' under the Action column to select to remove this
    Click Apply at the bottom right
    Note: To complete this process, BlackBerry Desktop Software will require an Internet connection to download and reinstall the BlackBerry Identity core files. If under the Application Summary section the BlackBerry 7.0.0 Core Applications are not listed, do not click Apply. Disconnect the BlackBerry smartphone and verify that the PC has an active Internet connection. Once confirmed, complete the above steps once more to verify the update is available.

Only problem is, I can't even FIND the "blackberry identity" they keep referring to.

So there you have it...I have a new BB that does phone and text...pretty frustrating. Any ideas?
    10-08-11 09:59 AM
    I also found out that the device I purchased was an "engineering" model only...great.
    10-08-11 12:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD