04-14-11 01:24 PM
87 1234
tools
    Thats normal use for me....I do not know what defines minimal use vs maximum use...I call it "normal", so its what I normally do. So I get almost 2 days out of normal use.
    Well normal for you is minimal for others, especially other Android users, they probably watch 20-30 minutes youtube a day.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-13-11 12:32 PM
    do you not listen to or respect to the mods? and nobody was talking to you, so you clipped a quote that was aimed at another poster just to come after me? reported once again
    Your criteria you posted fails the litmus test based on everthing Ive read. Some of your claims appear to be well beyond exaggration imo, however one does not need an invite to jump in to the discussion. I invite you to keep the discussion straight up to keep the replies to the points presented in the posts.

Last edited by i7guy; 04-13-11 at 12:40 PM.
    04-13-11 12:32 PM
    What a sarcastic wee bugger.
    There are three reasons I stay with BB:
    1. I'm an adult and I have the freedom to choose my personal device as I please.
    2. I am employed and can pay for the device I choose.
    3. The haters love this one:
    BECAUSE IT DOES WHAT I WANT - IT WORKS FOR ME.

Could not agree more.

I am in a tech field and get asked all the time why I "only" have a BB. I see colleagues who rush to get a new phone every time something new comes out, presumably looking for the magic Nirvana of features and function. While new phones certainly have bells and whistles, none of them work FOR ME. I don't need or want to do EVERYTHING on my phone. I do want my phone to do what it does well. My 9780 does.
    04-13-11 12:48 PM
    You are now on ignore. Your invite is wayyy too late. Stop harassing me. your shots at my town, profession, family and home are not forgotten. Now stop bothering me or you will be reported for a 10th time
    Your criteria you posted fails the litmus test based on everthing Ive read. Some of your claims appear to be well beyond exaggration imo, however one does not need an invite to jump in to the discussion. I invite you to keep the discussion straight up to keep the replies to the points presented in the posts.

do you not listen to or respect to the mods? and nobody was talking to you, so you clipped a quote that was aimed at another poster just to come after me? reported once again

It's quite obvious niether of you care or respect the forum and the users here. Your own personal agendas will not be tolerated any more.
    04-13-11 01:38 PM
    Well normal for you is minimal for others, especially other Android users, they probably watch 20-30 minutes youtube a day.

and you know why Android use their phones like that? because they own phones that allow that. they gladly trade having to charge the phone before going to bed every night for an amazing web experience. it's the big thing rimm missed as they preached data compression and battery conservation. the world "yawned" and said "give me a superphone".
    Last edited by dutchtender; 04-13-11 at 01:47 PM.
    04-13-11 01:41 PM
    and you know why Android use their phones like that? because they own phones that allow that. they gladly trade having to charge the phone before going to bed every night for an amazing web experience. it's the big thing rimm missed as they preached data compression and battery conservation. the world "yawned" and said "give me a superphone".

Android and iphone rode the wave of cheap unlimited data, now that's over we'll have to wait and see. Data caps are coming down and mobile interned speeds are going up, not a good combination.

04-13-11 01:52 PM
    wifi is also becoming more common
    04-13-11 02:01 PM
    I'm getting a kick out of some of these replies, they are so biased (on both sides) its not funny.

My needs at the moment are the ability to sync 2 separate Exchange installations on has BES installed the other not. (I really wish RIM would allow Activesync or easily allow two different BES servers) The phone needs to last a whole day on charge (up to 17 hours at work). All 3 phones do that now with my usage with about the same amount of battery left. I do prefer the email abilities of ActiveSync on the other two phones to my Torch.

YMMV but they all work for me. Right now my preference is the Froyo based Samsung, but that will change next week to something else. I think I have gadget-based ADD.
    04-13-11 02:02 PM
    04-13-11 02:09 PM

Perfect.........
    04-13-11 02:13 PM
    it's the big thing rimm missed as they preached data compression and battery conservation. the world "yawned" and said "give me a superphone".
    Wrong!!! For a significant proportion of business users battery life and efficient data are critical, particularly when roaming off network. Extra cost in the job can be the difference between profit and loss, the margin between getting the work or seeing a competitor come in with a better quote. Inadequate battery life while travelling can literally be the difference between a safe trip and a very bad experience, or as I experienced two weeks ago - a night in a hotel or stuck overnight at an unfamiliar airport after a full day travelling. For some users good battery life is essential for their plan to go home alive.
    04-13-11 02:16 PM
    It's quite obvious niether of you care or respect the forum and the users here. Your own personal agendas will not be tolerated any more.
    The principal combatants will soon learn the hard way.

Members are asked to respect the dignity of those who will be serving some time off the forums. I hope they will learn from the event and return as reformed characters.
    04-13-11 02:25 PM
    come down to the USA. they all use iphones and androids. but yes, in Java Indonesia and Caracas, the kids "all" use BB.
    I live in Greenwich, CT and the kids ALL use BBs here. I'm not even exagerating when I say that 75% of Middle School students that have Smartphones have BBs (I coach and my fiance teaches in town). High School sees a little drop off, but not much. It's still a majority BB here.
    04-13-11 02:29 PM
    wifi is also becoming more common
    It is, in public places and even in the air. But for me, it's practically non-existent. To get my first upgrade on my Atrix I had to sit at Union Station! I did buy a router, so I have WiFi at home now. Howver, I don't have it at work or on the train. For me it's only a viable option on weekends or maybe on travel.
    Last edited by Qbnkelt; 04-13-11 at 03:08 PM.
    04-13-11 03:06 PM
    It is, in public places and even in the air. But for me, it's practically non-existent. To get my first upgrade on my Atrix I had to sit at Union Station! I did buy a router, so I have WiFi at home now. Howver, I don't have it at work or on the train. For me it's only a viable option on weekends or maybe on travel.
    yeah i actually thought of you when i said that. i was shocked that you didnt have it already at home before the atrix
    04-13-11 03:18 PM
    This thread is redonkulous.
    04-13-11 03:22 PM
    yeah i actually thought of you when i said that. i was shocked that you didnt have it already at home before the atrix
    I never did! At home I am always outside, and would be out of range immediately. At work there is no WiFi.

I'm grandfathered on an unlimited plan for all my devices, and I've exceeded my limit on my laptop only a couple of times.

I do use it in my room or on the plane when I travel for my personal device, but not on my work devices.
    04-13-11 03:31 PM
    The trend is going the other way here, coffee shops and hotels etc are not giving out free wifi anymore and the ones that do you have to sign up with them first and then log in every time.
    Schools are refusing to use wifi as they say it affects the kids.

04-13-11 03:32 PM
    we dont have wifi at work either due to security concerns but i use it everywhere else i go pretty much. buffalo wild wings to Mcds and many resturants in between have added free wifi to their establishments.
    04-13-11 03:35 PM
    I love using it on planes!!! Take a picture of the landscape it and update my Facebook!!! "And here I am flying over the Grand Canyon...".
    04-13-11 03:41 PM
    Oh, when my husband got his Nookcolour when I was having massive I-bought-a-500-dollar-phone-on-a-whim guilt trip he had to drive to Starbucks to set it up. Then I went and got the router last weekend or the weekend before.
    04-13-11 03:44 PM
    The trend is going the other way here, coffee shops and hotels etc are not giving out free wifi anymore and the ones that do you have to sign up with them first and then log in every time.
    Schools are refusing to use wifi as they say it affects the kids.

Not in the US. More and more places are giving out free WiFi. All the free WiFi hotspots I have used have never required me to log in. I select the network and I'm good to go.
    04-13-11 03:54 PM
    We upgraded phones 3 months ago after a son slipped into a pool with the phone in his pocket on a trip, and I wanted to get 4 EVOs or other Android phones. The kids insisted on Blackberrys so they could BBM their friends (why instead of texting I didn't understand), so we have 4 Styles now. Most of their friends have Blackberries, and they really like the flip Style because it doesn't make calls from their pockets!

I live in Greenwich, CT and the kids ALL use BBs here. I'm not even exagerating when I say that 75% of Middle School students that have Smartphones have BBs (I coach and my fiance teaches in town). High School sees a little drop off, but not much. It's still a majority BB here.
    04-13-11 04:34 PM
    Funny list

2. Who needs apps?

Easy to say that when it's not available on your platform. That's always the answer when you don't have it...... "who needs that".

4. President Barack Obama is #TeamBlackBerry

Really though? So now it's ok to based your choice of device on what others use?

5. It's the best platform for e-mail

Best for email speed. I'd agree. But lacks in other areas, especially for BIS. Can't use your email folders, truncation and not real HTML. And talking about a keyboard is purely based on the user. I guess that part of the reason doesn't go for Storm users.

6. BlackBerry reboots give you time to focus on other things

I'm not sure if the author is actually being serious with this one.

7. The PlayBook will support Android apps

I thought they just said "who needs apps"? You can't first say that a lack of apps is a good thing and we don't need them and then use the fact that apps are coming as a point to strengthen your view.

8. You don't have to join the Apple cult

So join the blackberry cult instead.

And not that I'm saying you shouldn't keep your blackberry. By all means, use the device you want. But the reasons the author used are hilarious at the least. There has got to be better reasons.
    Last edited by scorpiodsu; 04-13-11 at 04:43 PM.
    howarmat likes this.
    04-13-11 04:34 PM
    ^^ Yea, the reasoning on the majority of his reasons are extremely pathetic.

I love the Obama one. The President also wears a suit and tie, I don't see everyone rushing out to go get one.
    04-13-11 04:40 PM
87 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD