Well, I got my first BB last week, and I have a question regarding my current email setup.

I used the phone's Email setup wizard to get my Gmail account set up on the 8530, now, this email is also synced with Outlook in my computer. Depending on what I have closest is where I read/delete emails.

If I read the email and then click delete from phone & mailbox on the BB, a simple click of Send/Receive in Outlook will refrsh the outlook list and remove those emails that I deleted using the BB, and the ones read will mark them as such.

However, I haven't found the way of doing the same in Outlook and then have them automatically deleted/marked as read from my BB (or clicking a button or two to make that happen). I usually use Outlook first thing in the mornings and after being away from a computer for a while, as it's easier to go through 20-30 emails.

I currently have 40-something messages in my BB that were deleted last week from my mailbox, yet still show up as unread, and I really don't want to have to manually delete them one by one.

Any help/ideas/thoughts?
    12-22-11 11:34 AM
    Yeah, if you go back in your email setup and look at your gmail setup, make sure the
    "sync deleted items" box is checked. Then, you should be good to go. Good luck!
    12-22-11 11:49 AM
    Am I supposed to access that through the Setup folder? Because I can't find that anywhere inside the options menu of the phone's mailbox. And if that's the case then I'm out of luck, as my phone won't let me access the Email Setup without network coverage, and I won't be in a coverage zone during the next 2 weeks (wifi only).

Edit:

I just checked that setting on my brother's 8520 and it is inside the Email Setup, which I can't access here. I guess I'll be deleting emails manually until early next year.

Thanks for the help though, now I know where to look for it.
    Last edited by N467RX; 12-23-11 at 12:22 AM.
    12-22-11 01:47 PM
    Am I supposed to access that through the Setup folder? Because I can't find that anywhere inside the options menu of the phone's mailbox. And if that's the case then I'm out of luck, as my phone won't let me access the Email Setup without network coverage, and I won't be in a coverage zone during the next 2 weeks (wifi only).

Edit:

I just checked that setting on my brother's 8520 and it is inside the Email Setup, which I can't access here. I guess I'll be deleting emails manually until early next year.

Thanks for the help though, now I know where to look for it.
    You can access the same settings online as well, as long as you go to your carriers BB site. For example, I use VZW, so my BB site for my carrier is blackberry.com/go/vzw. Good luck!
    12-23-11 08:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD