Hi everyone! So I decided to get my toes wet and see what this bbm is all about. However, I have a few questions.
    1. Under "my status", the only options are busy and available. You can enter a personal status. I thought that unavailable was also an option or do I have to create an unavailable status using the personal setting?

2. I was reading about creating a username and a password. I created the name but don't recall given the option for a password. How do I do this and I'm assuming it's a password to actually get into bbm?

3. Are contacts saved just like our phone contacts or do I use something else?

Sorry for all the questions, I'm sure there will be more to come Thank you my crackberry friends! Your great!
    08-01-10 11:00 AM
    Hi everyone! So I decided to get my toes wet and see what this bbm is all about. However, I have a few questions.
    1. Under "my status", the only options are busy and available. You can enter a personal status. I thought that unavailable was also an option or do I have to create an unavailable status using the personal setting?

2. I was reading about creating a username and a password. I created the name but don't recall given the option for a password. How do I do this and I'm assuming it's a password to actually get into bbm?

3. Are contacts saved just like our phone contacts or do I use something else?

Sorry for all the questions, I'm sure there will be more to come Thank you my crackberry friends! Your great!
    1. Busy and unavailable are the same thing.

2. I have never seen an option to set up a password to log into BBM. There isn't an option in BBM to lock your BBM or anything like that, so I doubt setting up a password would be necessary - if even possible. However, there is a setup procedure where you connect your email address to BBM so that the contacts are connected to it and made easy to restore contacts in case of a new device or wiped device.

3. BBM contacts are not saved in your Contacts, unless you manually insert them into your contacts. They are saved in BBM solely - and there is an option to backup your contacts in BBM - which I strongly recommend doing.
    08-01-10 11:48 AM
    Hmm, that's strange because I was reading on here somewhere and I can't remember where it was about the unavailable status and with each status selected will depend on how you receive your messages. Odd about the password option also.

I have seen the option to back up. When back up is selected what exactly is being backed up and where is it being backed up too?

Thanks for your help!
    08-01-10 12:23 PM
    I haven't seen an Unavailable option before in BBM :/ so I'm afraid I am of no help there.

It backs up to the RIM servers with your email and such attached to it, so they can verify the user via an email address and PIN number.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-01-10 01:14 PM
    What email are you talking about? The one I have linked to my bb, for instance hotmail?
    08-01-10 03:15 PM
    What email are you talking about? The one I have linked to my bb, for instance hotmail?
    Any or all email accounts you have at the device.
    08-01-10 04:18 PM
    I got a question, How do u back up your bbm contacts ?
    08-02-10 12:11 PM
    BBM > Options > Backup

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-02-10 11:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD