ok this is what happened, i woke up a few days ago and did some BBM chat, then i saw i had some updates in BB App World, so i did the update, the actual apps were, CrunchSMS (v 1.20), ScoreMobile (v 1.3.2.6) and the actual BB App World Application (v 1.1.0.33), after i downloaded them and rebooted the BB, everything was a chaos, a lot of lag, suddenly BBM stopped working without apparent reason, couldnt access pretty much anything... i did a battery pull and nothing got better... so i decided to restore my BB to a backup that i thought would be stable, actually it did, but somehow i still had problems with BBM; lost my contact list so i tried to restore it wirelessly and it didnt finish, then i tried with a local backup and some contacts were missing; i redownloaded BBM several times, because there was always a problem, if it is not performance, then it stopped working, cant acces conversations, dont receive messages, and so on...
    Right now the BBM is not working properly and i dont know what to do, because i actually have reinstalled it like 10 times, always having problems...

Also i noticed that the battery got hot for a while, i dunno if theres an app with a memory leak or something like that... Is there anything about the apps i listed before? some problem with that, because thats the only thing that changed, and after that everything was a mess... I would like to mention that i am on OS 4.6.1.274, 117 MB of App Memory, also that i had a custom theme, HTC Hero like, actually its called only Hero, wich i changed back to the original Zen so i could take out the theme as a reason of slow performance

What i want to know is, if i do a Factory Reset, everything will be back to normal, all the configurations will be ok??? i dont mind reinstalling other apps, i just want to get back the normal performance...

Any suggestions/solutions would be appreciated, what can i do to solve my problem(overall slow performance, BBM not working properly)...
    03-14-10 07:12 PM
    A wipe will clean everything. So it's safe to assume it will fix the device, but before such drastic solution, why don't you remove the updated apps and do another pull?

Since you have backups, it will pretty $uch be just re-downloading everything (but the problematic apps) and loading the backup.

Keep us posted.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-14-10 07:47 PM
    thanks diegonei, actually i did it... but nothing changed...
    now i think that somehow something happened with BBM, because its frustrating, i can access the app and chat for a while after a soft reset, which i have to do regularly, but suddenly i cant access the conversations anymore onlye the main app, not even the options to do another backup, because one of the times i had to reinstall BBM i didnt have anyone on my contact list, another time i only got like 20 ppl, later only 30... it was random... so i want a definitive solution, it might sound weird or ignorant, but i rather do all over again than do it by steps and possibly find new problems... because i dunno how i got to screw BBM, i think it was my fault, but dunno how and when... the only thing i know is that after that update everything went wrong...

i would like to ask why i had to restore so many times my contact list after reinstalling BBM?? is it like that always?? a friend sent me a message and she had to readd me on BBM... i dont want that to happen again...

also if i wipe clean the BB, i will have to reinstall everything, i know that, but also ill have to reconfigure everything? email accounts, Facebook, and the most important part, BBM? restore contact list also?? besides that would be anything else i need to know?? i dont wanna screw it even more...
    Last edited by buck2; 03-14-10 at 08:22 PM. Reason: i think the first line could be misunderstood
    03-14-10 08:21 PM
    thanks diegonei, actually i did it... but nothing changed...
    now i think that somehow something happened with BBM, because its frustrating, i can access the app and chat for a while after a soft reset, which i have to do regularly, but suddenly i cant access the conversations anymore onlye the main app, not even the options to do another backup, because one of the times i had to reinstall BBM i didnt have anyone on my contact list, another time i only got like 20 ppl, later only 30... it was random... so i want a definitive solution, it might sound weird or ignorant, but i rather do all over again than do it by steps and possibly find new problems... because i dunno how i got to screw BBM, i think it was my fault, but dunno how and when... the only thing i know is that after that update everything went wrong...

i would like to ask why i had to restore so many times my contact list after reinstalling BBM?? is it like that always?? a friend sent me a message and she had to readd me on BBM... i dont want that to happen again...

also if i wipe clean the BB, i will have to reinstall everything, i know that, but also ill have to reconfigure everything? email accounts, Facebook, and the most important part, BBM? restore contact list also?? besides that would be anything else i need to know?? i dont wanna screw it even more...
    back up your bb on DM...it will save your contacts...do a remote back up of your bbm contacts...wipe the phone...wont have to reconfigure..it will re-register on its on...the base os will have facebook, your emails addy's will be there...if you don't need an app or use it that much, don't dl it...good luck
    03-14-10 08:41 PM
    I advise against a backup now. It will most probably bring the bug along.

For the wipe, here is how you're gonna do. As JP said, it will register by itself but there are steps.

1- wipe it, info and apps
    2- remove the appworld folder from your blackberry/downloads, SD card.
    3- log to BIS or use the email wizard to send the service books back
    4- load your pre-bug backup. It will get your bbm contacts back. The ones you had at the time at least.

If it keeps on with problems, all I can think off is a OS upgrade/downgrade.

Good luck!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-14-10 09:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD