I've got an 8330 that just started acting weird. Just for reference, I recently installed DriveSafe.ly before it started doing this, in case that has anything to do with it. It's not showing the little voicemail icon on my home screen when I have a voicemail. However, when I go into my text messages, it shows it at the top of that screen. Also, it doesn't show when I have a new BBM. My BBM icon on the home screen will have a red asterik on it when I have a new message but it won't be at the top of the home screen. Any idea why it is doing this? Could DriveSafe have anything to do with it? Thanks for any help. Oh, also, it still shows new emails and SMS and MMS, just no VM nor BBM.
    12-20-09 10:09 AM
    I've been having random problems with bbm too. Ill get a new bbm msg and the red asterix shows on the bbm icon, but the smiley in the middle of the homescreen doesn't show. No idea why.
    I'm running bbm 5.0.0.56 btw. A good old battery pulls always solved my problems.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-20-09 04:34 PM
    Yeah, I tried to battery pull as that usually solves all my problems as well, but it did nothing. I hope someone can offer some insight. I'd hate to have to call Verizon and deal with them on the phone.
    12-20-09 05:07 PM
    I had to uninstall drivesafe.ly because of all the trouble I had with it. It would cause other apps to freeze and my whole phone to freeze. I had to do battery pull and then my media card ended up with errors so now I've lost all my pics taken since my last backup. Uninstall drivesafe.ly and see if the problems persist. Make sure you do a hard reset after uninstalling (take battery out while phone is on and leave out for about 30 seconds).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-20-09 05:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD