I have 7.1 installed and after about 30 min or so of using the device. The home screen has this little blue arrow in the bottom right corner.

If I reset the device is is good for a little while, but then comes back. It's either the message app in the OS that gets stuck, or my BBM which I use non stop, with 2 groups.

Anyone else seeing this?

01-14-12 05:25 PM
    Hey John.
    This is a theme issue.
    I've had it on all my 9930 OS's.
    After switching to MiniBanner, I have not seen the issue.
    01-14-12 05:40 PM
    Odd... I have 2 9900s. I have the arrow on my personal device where BBM is on the home screen like yours. I just moved BBM to the home screen on my work phone to see if it pops up on that one as well....

Todd
    01-14-12 05:44 PM
    A few of us have noticed this on 7.1 John... http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...corner-688478/

I don't think it's a BBM issue as I don't have that installed, but I do see the blue arrow every now and again.
    01-14-12 06:03 PM
    I've had the issue on 7.0 as well..
    #justsaying
    01-14-12 06:52 PM
    Interesting, thanks all.

Annoying as I never have seen it until recently.........
    01-14-12 07:38 PM
    I'm telling you it's meant as a scroll spot. It's meant as a safe spot to put your finger upon the screen and scroll up or down without hitting a link.
    01-14-12 08:04 PM
    I'm telling you it's meant as a scroll spot. It's meant as a safe spot to put your finger upon the screen and scroll up or down without hitting a link.
    What do you mean 'without hitting a link'?

There are no links on your home screen, and you can't put your finger on it without opening the icon above it.
    01-14-12 08:16 PM
    Ya thing is it does not scroll or anything.

Loaded another theme and it went away. So yes I would say something in the OS theme goes to crap every once in a while and triggers it to show up rather then resetting.
    01-14-12 08:17 PM
    What do you mean 'without hitting a link'?

There are no links on your home screen, and you can't put your finger on it without opening the icon above it.
    Unless you scroll all the way down to and empty spot. I tried it and no luck.
    01-14-12 08:19 PM
    I'm getting used to it since 7.1.074
    Don't know for the reason ,sometimes it dissappear ,and then appear again ,curiosity

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    01-14-12 08:20 PM
    For instance, within BBM, put your finger on it and scroll up and down the conversation page...the arrow will move to the top or bottom accordingly and keep finger from addresses we sometimes send or within the browser. Some sites it will appear. I would always accidentally hit links. When scrolling with my finger. This is placed stategicly to be out of the way.
    01-14-12 08:23 PM
    Check out all of your BB default apps and you will see it on the right hand side on any page that is scrollable. Even your bookmark page in the browser. Put your finger upon it and scroll up and down your bookmarks without actually selecting any.
    01-14-12 08:34 PM
    dunno why i need it since i can swipe on the screen. But that still does not give a reason on why it's stuck on the home screen.
    01-14-12 08:39 PM
    I don't have it on my homescreen. I just scroll using the bar.
    01-14-12 08:42 PM
    Spoke to soon.......

It's back even on another theme.
    01-14-12 09:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD