Since the upgrade I have noticed that in the SMS and MMS icon that some of the threads don't appear and are actually hidden (they show as a very thin blue line). Not every message but a few, it appears that they might even be all of my BBM contacts.

I also noticed that when a BBM contact sends me a SMS message it appears under the BBM Icon with a small "mobile device" icon in the chat notification thread of BBM and not SMS.

1. Is anyone else noticing this?

2. How can I prevent this from happening?

3. How do I unhide threads in SMS?

Thoughts and thanks for the advice in advance.
    03-30-10 03:00 PM
    Anyone have any thoughts?
    03-30-10 03:28 PM
    Getting text messages from BBM contacts will show up like you said. That is a feature in 5.0. No fix for that unfortunately. I'm imagining RIM figues that if you went through the trouble of adding them to your BBM contact list, that's your preferred method of contact with that person, so to make it easier, have all the messages show up in BBM. Just have your BBM contacts send you BBM's and not text messages. Not quite sure what's going on with your other issue tho.
    03-30-10 03:40 PM
    How do you remove a sms contact from bbm? I tried "delete" last night and while it deleted out of my bbm, it also deleted my whole history convo with that person, so I had to do a restore. Anyway how do you remove the contact without losing all your sms history with them?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-30-10 03:46 PM
    Go into your blackberry Messager. Highlight a contact you wish to change. Push the blackberry button and go to contact info. Once in the contact details press the blackberry button again and you should have an option to Remove Contacts Link.
    03-30-10 03:57 PM
    Nope, there's no option to remove contacts link. This is weird, maybe its a os 5 bug? Any other ideas?

03-30-10 04:22 PM
    Sounds like 591's a real doozy

03-30-10 04:39 PM
    You can say that again. And on top of it, if I ever had a draft I didn't send to the person, it automatically opens up that draft and I have to delete it all before I can type out a new text. I just tried deleting the contact out of bbm and lost all my history with them message wise so now I get to do a restore again! Anyone figure this out yet?

03-30-10 04:41 PM
    If the "remove contact link" option isn't appearing, try deleting the person's PIN entry from their Address Book entry.
    03-30-10 04:42 PM
    Go into your blackberry Messager. Highlight a contact you wish to change. Push the blackberry button and go to contact info. Once in the contact details press the blackberry button again and you should have an option to Remove Contacts Link.
    This should work, I'm not on 591 yet, but every 5.0 OS I've used has this option, and it's the fix. I do have the .66 version of BBM though.
    03-30-10 04:46 PM
    nothing works...i dont have any option to remove the sms contacts from my bbm...i can delete them but then i lose all my convo history with them, which is a pain. im restoring now...again. can one of you add an sms contact in your bbm and see if you can find a fix? once im done restoring i'll see what version this bbm but it should be the latest one, so im lost right now.
    03-30-10 04:53 PM
    anyone have any idea why if you ever previously had a draft text that you didnt send, but never erased, before os 5, will now automatically come up when you try to start a text message to someone? anyway around this? because if not, wow do i have a lot of drafts that i never sent that need to be erased lol...
    03-30-10 05:06 PM
    nothing works...i dont have any option to remove the sms contacts from my bbm...i can delete them but then i lose all my convo history with them, which is a pain. im restoring now...again. can one of you add an sms contact in your bbm and see if you can find a fix? once im done restoring i'll see what version this bbm but it should be the latest one, so im lost right now.
    No, you don't have the option to remove a SMS contact from BBM, and by deleting them you will lose all the message history. That's the only way to do it though. If you want it fixed you need to start somewhere.

Delete SMS contact from BBM, yes you will lose the history
    Go to the contact in BBM, highlight it, Menu button, "Remove Contacts Link"
    You will now just receive SMS's in your messages folder, and BBM's in BBM.

Finally tell your friends who have Blackberry's to send you BBM's and not an SMS.
    03-30-10 05:06 PM
    anyone have any idea why if you ever previously had a draft text that you didnt send, but never erased, before os 5, will now automatically come up when you try to start a text message to someone? anyway around this?
    Why wouldn't you want it to save your draft? Sounds dumb not to.
    03-30-10 05:08 PM
    No, you don't have the option to remove a SMS contact from BBM, and by deleting them you will lose all the message history. That's the only way to do it though. If you want it fixed you need to start somewhere.

Delete SMS contact from BBM, yes you will lose the history
    Go to the contact in BBM, highlight it, Menu button, "Remove Contacts Link"
    You will now just receive SMS's in your messages folder, and BBM's in BBM.

Finally tell your friends who have Blackberry's to send you BBM's and not an SMS.
    yeah, the remove contacts link thing only works on people who have bbm, not sms..that option doesnt exist for sms. so i guess deleting and losing the history is the only option..thanks for your help though guys.
    but does anyone have a solution for the whole previous draft issue?
    03-30-10 05:12 PM
    Why wouldn't you want it to save your draft? Sounds dumb not to.
    oh no, i want it to save the draft. however, any drafts that i saved in os 4.7 now automatically appear when i try to send a new text to that person, i actually have to hold down the delete key to erase that previous draft before i can type a new text..os 5 bug? it will probably happen if i save a draft in os 5 too, ill prob have to delete that before i can send a new text.
    03-30-10 05:14 PM
    So it saves the same draft over and over again from 4.7? That's strange??? Have your tried deleting the previous draft, then exiting out, then back in again? Or sending a text, then seeing if the draft is still there?
    03-30-10 05:25 PM
    So it saves the same draft over and over again from 4.7? That's strange??? Have your tried deleting the previous draft, then exiting out, then back in again? Or sending a text, then seeing if the draft is still there?
    not exactly..here let me give an example..say i have 10 drafts i never sent to one person, all from os 4.7. now when i go to send that person a new text in os 5.0 each time i go to start a new text to that person, an old draft will come up and i have to delete it before i can text that person. this will happen every time i try to text that person. so i delete one draft, send a new text, i try to send another new text and boom i have another old draft that i never sent that i have to delete before i can text again. make sense hopefully lol?
    03-30-10 05:31 PM
    Interesting... I would just proceed as usual. I'm sure what is causing this is the switch from 4.7 to 5.0 and the addition of Threaded SMS. I know you want to keep your old messages, but it might be best to delete them and start fresh.
    03-30-10 05:49 PM
    Thanks for highjacking my thread folks....much appreciated....

you could have at least provided some assistance NJ...
    03-30-10 09:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD