Hello,

Just successfully upgraded to 440 but need a bit of help:

1. Anyone know how to remove the globe from the keyboard on 440? I successfully did it from my phone in an earlier OS by deleting the languages that I didn't want and the globe was wonderfully replaced with a much needed question mark. Now the same options don't appear to be there. Any help would be good please.

2. My BBM contact are fine except their pictures and statuses aren't displayed at all since the upgrade. Any suggestions on how to bring that back?

3. I am having a funky issue of my Facebook and Twitter not working at all over EDGE (the service that we use), they only update and function over Wifi. This is annoying but I will monitor it a bit more. Twitter gave me an Exception error: No APN Specified. Any help here would be great also.

Thanks so much and any help would be appreciated.
    10-09-11 08:19 AM
    Hi there.

1) Plug-in your BB and open up BlackBerry Desktop Software/Manager. And click on Applications. Make sure you delete all the languages you do not use. When you updated your BlackBerry, it probably re-installed all the languages packs.

2) and 3) Have you tried doing a battery pull (this also can fix #3)? If you have, try re-installing the applications you're having trouble with.

For Twitter and Facebook, check the settings especially their network settings.
    10-09-11 09:12 AM
    Under options, typing and language, language and input method. There is an option to display language icon. Mine is set to automatic and all languages have been deleted using mangcools method. I have the "?" where the globe was in .440.
    10-09-11 10:29 AM
    Thanks so much guys.

Between a battery pull (as suggested), removing languages through DM (as suggested) and resending the service books (helped with twitter and facebook) my phone is golden again.

I love crackberry!
    10-09-11 12:00 PM
    Thanks so much guys.

Between a battery pull (as suggested), removing languages through DM (as suggested) and resending the service books (helped with twitter and facebook) my phone is golden again.

I love crackberry!
    Good to hear that!
    10-09-11 12:09 PM
    To delete languages, isn't it a lot easier to just go to the Setup application on the phone, and delete them in the Languages and Input Methods section? No PC needed, and since it is a supported mechanism, there is (essentially) no risk of corrupting the system by deleting required files.
    10-10-11 12:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD