I had 44 BBM contacts...now i have zero

The last one left for the iphone yesterday...she loves it, and can't believe what she was missing all along with blackberry.

Her only comment "I will miss the keyboard though"

That is the key....why doesn't RIM realize that the keyboard is their competitive advantage.....

Do not understand why they are going away from the qwerty keyboard on Blackberry 10...they can't compete on software vs ios and android.....but hardware keyboard they have HUGE advantage...Why can't RIM understand where they have a Niche??
    04-24-12 01:10 AM
    I believe RIM will compete in software once BB10 is released. The keyboard wasn't enough to keep your friend from switching to the iPhone, but BB10 software might be compelling enough to bring her back.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    Mystic205 likes this.
    04-24-12 01:15 AM
    Good thing there is Whatsapp
    04-24-12 01:29 AM
    I am using whatsapp with most of them...but BBM is much better..to bad i have nobody to BBM
    BlackBerry Guy likes this.
    04-24-12 01:43 AM
    The keyboard is a must for some users, but for the majority it's not enough to keep them from switching to another platform. Most of my friends who've switched say it's a nice to have, but not a must have...certainly in their eyes not worth the trade off for what you do get on iOS or Android that you don't get with BlackBerry.

It has been said that although the initial BB10 device will be full touchscreen, the one following will be a front facing qwerty.
    04-24-12 01:49 AM
    This sounds like a whole lot of bull to me.
    04-24-12 01:59 AM
    Who said they are getting rid of the keyboard? Who said they can't compete with their new os? Where are you even getting this from?
    04-24-12 02:00 AM
    I went 0 to 6 since I got my first BB in feb. Its only going to grow. Especially once BB10 hits.
    04-24-12 02:06 AM
    Maybe it's an excuse and they just don't like you very much?
    04-24-12 02:21 AM
    44 people who will be back when they discover the error of their ways. Giving up individuality and subscribing to the herd mentality is no way to go through life.
    Calimero1987 likes this.
    04-24-12 03:03 AM
    Do not understand why they are going away from the qwerty keyboard on Blackberry 10...they can't compete on software vs ios and android.....but hardware keyboard they have HUGE advantage...Why can't RIM understand where they have a Niche??
    The problem RIM have is just that, that the qwerty keyboard market IS a niche market...not a mass consumer market anymore. Don't get me wrong, I love my keyboard and detest touchscreens, but we have to accept that based on current trends and to appeal to the masses RIM have to branch out and adopt full touchscreen devices for BB10. I'm sure there will be a qwerty option too, but they will probably only be bought by people like us, the niche
    04-24-12 03:58 AM
    i went from 93 to like 20 something in 4 years. everyone i know left BB....including the biggest pusher of BB (me).
    04-24-12 07:46 AM
    I used blackberrys for more than 4 years and I loved them. But when I switched to my iPhone 4 it felt amazing on how good the device is. Though Im missing the keyboard, that for sure. But as the creater of this thread said, the keyboard is the big big advantage of blackberrys, and everybody loves it if they once used it.

RIM just doesn't realize this...
    04-24-12 08:43 AM
    44 people who will be back when they discover the error of their ways. Giving up individuality and subscribing to the herd mentality is no way to go through life.
    I think the line is "fat drunk and stupid is no way to go through life son".

I started with 22 BBM Friends, I was down to 1 before my personal device switched to an iphone. I was fenced in Feb of last year. And no, Our sheepherder doesn't take too kindly to originality.
    04-24-12 09:08 AM
    Ive always had between 20-30.. right now im at 24.
    04-24-12 09:11 AM
    When BBM is licensed it won't be a problem.
    04-24-12 09:33 AM
    Send them one last message through Whatsapp that as long as you still have YOUR BlackBerry, that's all you need.

You don't need them, you'll survive without them, but you can't survive with out your BlackBerry.

" . . that's all I need . . . this dog, this lamp . . . and this BlackBerry"
    04-24-12 09:39 AM
    This sounds like a whole lot of bull to me.
    Why? Because the OP mentioned people leaving BB for iPhone?

I had about a dozen contacts on my BBM list. When I left, I had 1. My BBM group I moderated had a waiting list when I first joined. When I left BB, there were maybe half a dozen people in it. We just couldn't find anyone who still had a BB.

Bring on BB10 and I'll consider coming back. Until then...
    04-24-12 09:40 AM
    How come you guys have so little contacts!!! i have 111 contacts and 2 groups, and there is even people in my school with bbm but i dont have them yet.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    04-24-12 09:46 AM
    How come you guys have so little contacts!!! i have 111 contacts and 2 groups, and there is even people in my school with bbm but i dont have them yet.

Not everyone adds people just to have a big list. I only added people if I knew them or if I talked to them regularly. I didn't add a bunch of strangers.
    04-24-12 10:04 AM
    Before I ask my question let me say that I am a Blackberry guy who supports "The Troops".

Isn't the herd mentality the founding principle of a Military? Being an individual draws attention to oneself which is generally not a good thing as then you are subjected to "special" generally corporal treatment. While the herd is what matters and is what gets the "job" done.

We mostly agree from what I can recall but I gather from your profile you served or have served and so I wanted to ask that question respectfully since I believe it to conflict with what you said. Not trying to draw you off topic and I myself have never served in the military but I have only respect and admiration for those who sacrifice so that I can ask whatever question I want.

If I am correct that you have served or are serving then allow me to say Thank You very respectfully. I suppose this question may be off topic so I will understand if you choose to not reply or perhaps a private reply is more appropriate to avoid trolls and flamers.

Oh and as a final thought I would like state for the record that I have no problem with people buying or Supporting Apple. From what I understand there is a parallel forum for the Apple Community of the CB main page. At least they are a North American Company. I don't want to forget my Hockey Playing, Beer Drinking, Maple Syrup loving, Oil Shale producing friends up North.
    04-24-12 10:11 AM
    Maybe it's an excuse and they just don't like you very much?
    Another Glass half full kind of Guy. Cheers!
    04-24-12 10:12 AM
    Not everyone adds people just to have a big list. I only added people if I knew them or if I talked to them regularly. I didn't add a bunch of strangers.
    All the 111 contacts are in my school grade 12. I personally know each one of them.

04-24-12 10:13 AM
    i went from 93 to like 20 something in 4 years. everyone i know left BB....including the biggest pusher of BB (me).
    Glad you still enjoy the forum and hopefully a BB10 will have what you need to lure you back into the Blackberry Community as an owner/operator.
    04-24-12 10:16 AM
    Sounds like the OP is in the US. Right now I will admit I have cut a bunch of contacts as I went up to 50 around Feb and am now down to 38 after a clean out(though only a few of those that left still have their BB's).

I think once BB 10 comes out there will be a big migration back to the platform. I say this because I know people that are actually holding out for the next generation of phones(this is what they tell me anyway), people with Android phones don't actually seem to be all that much happier with the phones unless they have one of the Samsung models(could see conquest sales there) and I live in Canada, I am sure people will want to give support once something new from Canada comes out.
    04-24-12 10:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD