Hey, I've been running .230 since the day it was leaked, and i liked it a lot..until this weekend. I realized that there was a new version of BBM that .230 could handle, so i downloaded and installed it via app world. Ever since then my life has been a nightmare, it can take 15 minutes to reboot after a battery pull, today it took me an hour and a half to get it unlocked and once i unlocked it i still couldnt do anything because the damn faux hourglass kept spinning. Every now and then it will vibrate showing me that i have a metric sh*t ton of stuff piling up, but i can't view it. Also, when i get a call i cant answer, it freezes up and then says unknown number... i now have a phone log full of unknown numbers. I assume this is because i installed BBM 5.0.0.33 I was considering reinstalling the OS and going back to bbm 4.7 but if i run the OS through shrink a OS, would my phone be more suited to run the new BBM. Thanks in advance.
    10-12-09 10:47 PM
    Maybe try installing from blackberry.com/messenger and see if it changes. People have been having various problems with the bbm from appworld

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-12-09 11:01 PM
    thanks for the advice, think i should reload the OS or just try my luck reinstalling bbm, or will it not let me since its not an upgrade?
    10-12-09 11:05 PM
    Maybe try installing from blackberry.com/messenger and see if it changes. People have been having various problems with the bbm from appworld

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    +1
    Try that
    10-12-09 11:56 PM
    thanks for the advice, think i should reload the OS or just try my luck reinstalling bbm, or will it not let me since its not an upgrade?
    Just reload BBM first and see if that works.
    10-12-09 11:57 PM
    I attempted, it's futile. I cant do anything, i really hate that dam black load box. Oh well, I'm wiping now.
    10-13-09 12:21 AM
    Ok, let us know how it goes and if you need any help.
    10-13-09 12:30 AM
    i did a security wipe, restored BBM, but didn't restore some 3rd party apps and it seems to be fine...no lag/freezing yet...i think it was facebook....they say it works, but i think it just doesn't work very well...i kept getting timeout errors and unresponsive line errors, etc...
    10-13-09 12:33 AM
    Did i low level wipe with BBSAK then reloaded the OS and restored everything, everything's running fine, i dont know if ill try the bbm 5 again, maybe later tonight if im feeling gutsy enough.
    10-13-09 07:34 AM
    OS Discussions!
    10-13-09 10:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD