I purchased it through ebay, but when charging it shows solid green light when i use it it starts flashing red light, has anyone been able to replace the battery? If the charger is plugged in and keyboard turned on it has solid green light and seems to work fine. Any help appreciated i have searched the forum on replacing the battery but didnt find anything to help me
    Thank you very much
    Last edited by mr_c; 05-18-15 at 10:00 AM.
    05-18-15 07:57 AM
    Did you pair it first? Looks like its is working normally frrom what you describe.
    10-05-17 08:45 PM
    Blast from the past! I have this keyboard and haven't touched it since I got it at launch! RIP PlayBook
    10-05-17 08:58 PM
    I don't know the answer but I do know that I had trouble understanding the LEDs and pairing until I read the manual. I think you have to "unpair" the old one, or wipe it's pairing memory, then force it into pair mode. It's easy once you've seen the instructions.

Search "blackberry mini keyboard pdf" and you'll get the original manual.

It's not a bad little keyboard although I don't use mine anymore.

Best of luck! :-)

Posted via CB10
    11-23-17 08:57 AM
    I can't find my playbook. Lol. It's somewhere in my house. I think I lost it or it got stolen when I'm moved. Oh well.

pin:2BF2EA40 Tuesday, April 10, 2018 22:45:31

2BDB5FDF...Playbook 50304327 BBM CHANNEL "POWER OF CHOICE" C00285CE7 Passport Classic iPhone 6s+
    04-10-18 09:45 PM
    Hey guys,

Does anyone know where to purchase an original Keyboard by RIM other than ebay...

Cant find even used ones anywhere....

Cheers!

Posted via CB10
    04-24-18 04:02 AM
    Gosh, that's an old post. I have a keyboard, but really have hardly ever found a need to use it.
    12-15-18 08:26 PM
    Gosh, that's an old post. I have a keyboard, but really have hardly ever found a need to use it.
    Do you have an original kb from BlackBerry?

Posted via CB10
    01-03-19 01:14 PM
    I do. Like new, almost never used. Just about to leave for 3 months in USA though and it will be left here in Canada until we get back.
    01-03-19 01:35 PM
    I do. Like new, almost never used. Just about to leave for 3 months in USA though and it will be left here in Canada until we get back.
    Would you sell it to me, if you dont use it anyway?

Posted via CB10
    01-04-19 05:45 AM
    Yes, I would sell it to you. But I am about to leave and won't be back in Canada until mid April. You could have it for $15 plus shipping which would come to total of about $30.00. Let me know at about that time if still interested.
    01-04-19 09:05 AM
    Yes, I would sell it to you. But I am about to leave and won't be back in Canada until mid April. You could have it for $15 plus shipping which would come to total of about $30.00. Let me know at about that time if still interested.
    Would love to! Price is fantastic! Thank you very much! I wish you and your family a good trip/ journey. I will contact you in this thread again in mid april. Keep it up.

Until then,

Tim

Posted via CB10
    01-04-19 01:18 PM
    If Mister Perfect changes his mind (but then he is not Perfect...), I'll be another applicant.

In past year I saw this keyboard on Ebay just once. Price was OK but while I was thinking... it has gone literally before my eyes.
    01-30-19 05:25 PM
    I was about to toss my PB and keyboard until I decided to see if I could bluetooth the keyboard to my iPad mini 4. So now typing on my iPad isn't as ****ty as it once was.
    02-02-19 10:17 AM
    If Mister Perfect changes his mind (but then he is not Perfect...), I'll be another applicant.

In past year I saw this keyboard on Ebay just once. Price was OK but while I was thinking... it has gone literally before my eyes.
    You are absolutely right - then they won't call me Mister Perfect....

Posted via CB10
    03-13-19 03:46 AM
    You are absolutely right - then they won't call me Mister Perfect....

Posted via CB10
    Spits gum out and swats it away
    03-13-19 08:35 AM
    Spits gum out and swats it away
    Catch my drift...?

Posted via CB10
    03-13-19 08:53 AM
    Would love to! Price is fantastic! Thank you very much! I wish you and your family a good trip/ journey. I will contact you in this thread again in mid april. Keep it up.

Until then,

Tim

Posted via CB10
    Just to let you know I am back in Canada. If you still want the keyboard, email me at Playbook123atoutlookdotcom. No problem if you don't want it. hen I might start an auction BTW, I seems to have two usernames here. Not sure why.
    04-08-19 07:44 PM
    I will buy it if he don't want it.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-19 04:33 AM
    Just to let you know I am back in Canada. If you still want the keyboard, email me at Playbook123atoutlookdotcom. No problem if you don't want it. hen I might start an auction BTW, I seems to have two usernames here. Not sure why.
    Please let us know if the first buyer changes his mind.
    04-15-19 04:09 PM
    It has not been sold. Shipping out of Canada was a problem. I still have it. I am a bit busy, so ideally someone in Kingston, On area would just pick it up.
    04-15-19 07:42 PM
    I think I had an official PB keyboard and case at one point, but I never gave it enough of a chance to get used to using it where it (the case) also slightly came around the buttons and ports (if I remember correctly). At one point I also bought one of the Radio Shack keyboards (the one that kind of looks like an Apple keyboard) and a Bluetooth mouse from Walmart online. The two of them worked great together with the PB. Still have the Radio Shack keyboard somewhere but the mouse crapped out. Then went to using the Z10 with bridge for a mouse/trackpad. At the time I used them for sheets to go, but eventually went back to using excel on a laptop. The keyboard with the PB works well in my opinion.
    04-15-19 08:16 PM
    It has not been sold. Shipping out of Canada was a problem. I still have it. I am a bit busy, so ideally someone in Kingston, On area would just pick it up.
    I just bought an Amazon Firestick. Found that the PB Keyboard/pad works fine with it. So, I guess I have found a use for it, so will just keep it. Sorry about that.
    04-17-19 03:06 PM
    I have just received mine. Purchased on eBay. Both the keyboard and the case are of high quality. It takes time to adapt, of course. People with large hands will have a problem. I tried it with my Playbook and with several tablets and smartphones, including BB Passport. The cursor is sluggish on some devices but typing is OK. Pairing is done without any problem.
    I don't think I'll use this keyboard at home since I have other options. By the way, I have another "relic" - HP Touchpad keyboard and I love it.
    Blackberry mini keyboard can be a good travel companion as it is small, thin, and very light. After some "training" typing can be much faster than on the Playbook VKB and probably on other tablets VKBs. Cursor sluggishness might be an issue on some devices (not on PB).
    Last edited by dmlis; 01-01-21 at 01:59 PM.
    12-30-20 01:43 PM
    Might seem like a rather odd place to put this but I’m all about breathing new life into older tech that I have laying around.

So using the original zip sleeve for the PlayBook, I can fit the iPad mini 6 in it’s apple orange (I’d like too think it’s CrackBerry orange) folio case AND my OEM PlayBook Bluetooth keyboard case and it works great!

If you are in the small category of people that have these accessories already, it’s a good pairing and now with mouse support the trackpad works great too! I see me using it more now than I ever did with my still functioning BlackBerry PlayBook!
    dmlis likes this.
    03-19-22 11:06 PM
26 12