I installed the Ymail app from Snap. It runs fine on my Q10, but it has taken over as my default email client. So if I click on an address in the browser or the contacts app, Ymail opens. I want my default mail app to be the Hub not a dumb Android app.

The reason I want to use the App is that I don't want Ymail in my hub, I want it hidden from view should someone borrow my phone. I am having a sensitive conversation with someone and I need for it to be confidential so I decided to use my seldom used yahoo mail.

How can I make the BlackBerry Hub my default email app again? I went into the app manager and that was no help. Is there a way to have a mail account hidden in the Hub?

Posted via CB10
    03-07-14 02:29 PM
    Check in Settings>App Manager>Default apps - is YMail listed there?

To hide an email account from the hub, go into settings under Hub, then Hub Management...click on ymail, and enable "show in separate account only" - that should stop yahoo mail from showing up in the hub.

Report back if this helped or didnt.
    03-07-14 02:41 PM
    YMail does not show in the default apps in app management and I cannot adjust permissions on Android apps either. I went into the hub settings and I don't see a way to set the default mail account. I will dig some more.

If I add my ymail account can I have it password protected in the hub? I see I can keep messages out of the hub, but the account is still accessible.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-14 03:06 PM
    You could also delete the ymail app and try K9 mail, unless you really like or need the ymail app.

As for locking access to it, I don't think there's a way to do that; not yet anyways! You could just delete the account and try using the webapp. That way you would need to authenticate every time you log into the account.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-14 03:34 PM
    Download Ghost Commander from BlackBerry World. It lets you manage sideloaded android applications better including disabling apps and modifying a "launch by default" setting.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-14 03:49 PM
    I am not at all married to the Ymail app and I did use their web app for a while. I can go back to the web app, it is not well written, but works in a pinch. I will try the other app you mention and I will also try ghost commander.

Thanks for the input, I will report back.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-14 04:36 PM
    Any updates on this? I am seeing the same issue but with a different app.
    04-08-14 12:22 AM
    Any updates on this? I am seeing the same issue but with a different app.
    I never did find the answer to this, I had to give up and uninstall all third party email apps. I tried Outlook for Android, I tried antother Andriod one and they all did the same thing, became the default email client. My solution is to just add the account to the hub and hide it (sort of) by going into Hub Management in Settings and choose "Show in Separate Account Only".

I was also thinking I would try BES-Online to protect some apps, but it is a bit overkill for me.
    10-03-14 11:09 AM
    This could be a bug from the o.s tho

Posted via CB10
    01-10-16 03:18 PM