Opera and Nokia Populating the Nokia Android App Store without Developer Permission

Well, it’s no surprise that even though the vast majority of Android apps are capable of running seamlessly on the Nokia X, developers haven’t exactly been jumping at the opportunity to load their apps into Nokia’s Android app store. After all, why would a developer with limited time resources target an app store that only one family of (low end) devices can access? But rather than enticing application developers to upload their existing apps to the Nokia app store, Nokia is doing this for them and contacting users after the fact. This is where things get a bit sticky.
    I know BlackBerry always tries to do the 'right' thing, but... perhaps they should have been a bit more aggressive. As that saying goes, sometimes “it’s better to beg for forgiveness than to ask for permission.”
    05-14-14 12:17 PM
    Don't rush into it too fast, they scraped some apps for the PlayBook and took heat for it.
    05-14-14 12:19 PM
    I wonder if there will ultimately be a warmer "reception"/acceptance of the Nokia X platform by developers despite them trying to do the same thing.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-14 12:38 PM
    I would think licenses prevent that. If I was a developer, I'd be pissed.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-14 03:40 PM