There is this website called Evozi Apk Downloader (it's a website, just Google these keywords)

Basically, it converts the Google Play url into the actual apk file! So from now on all you have to do is search for apps on the official Google Play website, then navigate to the specific app you wanna download, and the copy the url and paste onto this website's generator

I am not sure if this has been shared or not, but boy does it do wonders! No more browsing through endless sites looking for the latest version of apks!

Posted via CB10
    03-10-15 02:49 AM
    Great tip, thanks for sharing. Will look into it. What about apps that require Google play services?

Posted by Passport, BlackBerry's Beast!
    03-10-15 02:53 AM
    I haven't tried, so far I downloaded the Yahoo Sportacular and Yahoo News apps using this site, and both working perfectly so far!

Posted via CB10
    03-10-15 02:57 AM
    It's even easier. Have a look at that gem I saved to Remember a while ago:

Quick tip for download and installing .apk's right from your phone without even using snap, DDPB, or any sideloaded app. Works on 10.2+ obviously, since prior OS versions do not know what to do with .apks.

Just google search for the app you want, click the play store link, and right from your phones browser edit the url to replace "play.google" with "apk-dl". IE, "https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.netflix.mediaclient&hl=en" becomes "https://apk-dl.com/store/apps/details?id=com.netflix.mediaclient&hl=en"

Boom, direct .apk download to your device and just click it from the downloaded file list to install. Every once in a while it shows an error, just hit refresh once or twice and it will work.

------

That's pretty much what that app or URL does. No magic involved. Normally works with free apps.

Have fun, guys... :-)

�   "Oh Classic, you are the fairest here so true. But Passport is a thousand times more powerful than you..." (no offense, Classic is a great device, when it's charged)   �
    03-10-15 03:23 AM
    Hey thanks! Didn't know there's this method as well. Always get advices to look for them via different APK sites and it's driving me nuts!

Posted via CB10
    03-10-15 05:25 AM
    Thanks for the suggestion, but I found that it's a lot better to use the "apk-dl" site that Prem posted about because you'll always get the latest version of the app. Evozi's site tends to fetch old versions of the APK, despite the "fetch request" feature they have.
    03-10-15 05:47 AM
    Thanks for the suggestion, but I found that it's a lot better to use the "apk-dl" site that Prem posted about because you'll always get the latest version of the app. Evozi's site tends to fetch old versions of the APK, despite the "fetch request" feature they have.
    I see! I will try Prem's method in the future. As long as it works!

Posted via CB10
    03-10-15 08:46 AM
    Just google search for the app you want, click the play store link, and right from your phones browser edit the url to replace "play.google" with "apk-dl". IE, "https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.netflix.mediaclient&hl=en" becomes "https://apk-dl.com/store/apps/details?id=com.netflix.mediaclient&hl=en"
    That's pretty slick!

Posted to CB via my Passport | FileArchiveHaven
    Toodeurep likes this.
    03-10-15 09:39 AM
    That's pretty slick!

Looking forward for the new apk-dl app.

Lol

Posted via CB10
    03-10-15 09:45 AM
    Looking forward for the new apk-dl app.

Lol

Posted via CB10
    Hahaha I had the same thought

03-10-15 10:10 AM
    We were using this back in the Playbook days too - to grab APKs to convert into BARs. Some worked, some didn't.
    03-10-15 02:06 PM
    Thanks

Posted via CB10
    03-10-15 02:10 PM
    Any app on the Google play won't open. I mean the individual link for the particular app. When I click on any app. It only refreshes the page. That's it

Posted via CB10
    03-10-15 03:36 PM
    Hahaha I had the same thought

Yes, please... :-)

$0.99 is yours, shouldn't be that hard...

(until Google plugs the hole, Lol)

It looks a bit different now, yeah, looks like someone's commercialized it a bit... :-(

�   Passposted while waiting for the Zzzzzlider....   �
    03-10-15 09:00 PM
    Yes, please... :-)

$0.99 is yours, shouldn't be that hard...

(until Google plugs the hole, Lol)

It looks a bit different now, yeah, looks like someone's commercialized it a bit... :-(

�   Passposted while waiting for the Zzzzzlider....   �
    We can just toss it on here for free and if I build it as an Android app we can install and update OTA

Toodeurep likes this.
    03-10-15 10:02 PM
    Yay! Thank you Thank you Thank you! I am now enjoying the android version of Pandora, it was as easy as 1-2-3!

I did have to say yes to permissions for it to open up and let me play, tho.

I really only lost pandora with the end of flash on my phone update. I must say, this app works waaay better than the old app or the website. I am getting over my aversion to android, we must change with the times . . . a little.

Now would it be worth the trouble to go get the sirius app too . . . (nah!)

Now i'm trying to think of any other android apps i could possibly really want, now that i have five or six different ways to stream music already ...
    03-10-15 10:51 PM
    Any app on the Google play won't open. I mean the individual link for the particular app. When I click on any app. It only refreshes the page. That's it
    Posted via CB10
    Remember, youre not trying to open the app at google play, you are just copying its address from the address bar, and then open the evozi site and paste the link in the box.

apps.evozi.com/apk-downloader

Its way cool and amazing. And you can haz Pandora without hazzing Flash!
    03-10-15 11:13 PM
    I really only lost pandora with the end of flash on my phone update.
    Just in case you need a plan b:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1004563
    /\ getting flash back

to boldly go likes this.
    03-10-15 11:22 PM
    I am trying to download an .apk file that isn't available in my country in google play store. I tried the apk-dl method but it still didn't work.

Any suggestions??

Q10 on 10.3.1.1581
    03-10-15 11:56 PM
    I am trying to download an .apk file that isn't available in my country in google play store. I tried the apk-dl method but it still didn't work.

Any suggestions??

Q10 on 10.3.1.1581
    What APK? Maybe someone can grab it for you. Either that or region hop with a VPN.

03-11-15 09:13 AM
    Ok I looking for 2 apps, only available in Israel.

Here's the first app. It's called גב האומה (Gav Hauma)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...lections&hl=en

The second is called Toker.FM

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...m.ma1193&hl=en

If anyone can download these .apks, I would be greatly appreciative.

Q10 on 10.3.1.1581
    03-11-15 09:35 AM
    I keep getting this when I try....must be doing something wrong

cannot download this app right now! maybe we are out of quota, please try again later.
    03-11-15 12:22 PM
    I've used the Evozi downloader for well over a year and it works pretty well. The main reason I've switched to using Snap is for app updates. With Evozi, you have to manually look for app updates on google play then download and install. Snap handles the updates for me.
    03-11-15 03:57 PM
    I keep getting this when I try....must be doing something wrong

cannot download this app right now! maybe we are out of quota, please try again later.
    Nope, that tends to happen on Evozi. That's pretty common - try again tomorrow morning.
    billsterjito likes this.
    03-11-15 03:57 PM
    All these APK downloaders are mostly based on the same core behind the scenes anyway. You can tell because once one blows its API limit for the day, they all do. AFAIK, Snap runs on the same principal essentially with some customizations and native coding.
    Toodeurep likes this.
    03-11-15 04:16 PM
39 12