Hi all,

Having some issues with the Worldpay Zinc app and bluetooth terminal on this build. The app sees the bluetooth device but won't connect to it.

Would this be an issue with the build (in know there's some bluetooth issues) or is there more to it (ie. The runtime environment will probably never support it).

Cheers

Posted via CB10
    02-04-14 01:49 AM
    Hmm, interesting, has it ever worked before? I would be very surprise if it did on any build as all android apps sees BB10 as rooted, hence security flaw?
    02-06-14 05:47 PM
    Hi,

No, it's not worked before, but it doesn't seem to be an issue around root or anything like that as the application does run and only throws up an error when attempting to connect to the keypad.

My q10 sees the Worldpay terminal but it seems to not respond when I try connect. The only services available under bluetooth are serial.

I might just pick up a cheap android device.

Cheers

Posted via CB10
    02-08-14 09:33 AM
    Hi cr0bar,

I too am trying to get Worldpay Zinc working with my z10. Did you get any further with this?

I'm running 10.2.1 and have the app installed via Google Play (snap app). I can login to my account no problem and can even pair to the reader but my bluetooth connection drops when I hit next to proceed in the app. To get the two to pair I've been manually pairing via the phones bluetooth settings rather than the apps pairing option. When I hit next I get the following error:

"Cannot connect to keypad - Check the keypad is switched on and/or check your bluetooth connection"

I've had a read around the forums and others have successfully got their PayPal and Square readers working it just seems to be the Worldpay ones with bother. These are the same readers which are used by other providers, mainly izettle and inuit. They're made my Miura Systems. Has anyone managed to get the reader working on these systems?

Posted via CB10
    03-09-14 03:02 PM
    Hello,

Unfortunately WorldPay Zinc is not compatible with Blackberry Phones.
    We currently only support Android and Apple devices.

You can find compatible devices on our website here: https://www.worldpayzinc.com/compatible-devices

Thanks,
    Emma Dillon
    Community & Social Media Manager | WorldPay Zinc
    6th Floor, Walbrook Building | London | EC4N 8AF | UK
    03-11-14 08:30 AM
    Hi Emma,

Great to hear from you.

I did know the app isn't officially supported by Worldpay but if you have a look around the forums here you'll see that many apps without official support do actually work with the new BlackBerry 10 operating system. The ability to run android apps on the phone is relatively new so there are a few teething problems.

Can you let us know if your technical team has been testing the app with BlackBerry 10, either with the Android app or a native one?

Posted via CB10
    03-11-14 06:55 PM
    Anyone have this working on 10.2.1.3247( SR 2977) ? I can get the app to load just want hear peoples experiences BEFORE forking out 80 for the chip and pin. Does it connect via bluetooth? Does this allow payment to process etc?
    Last edited by prlarkin; 07-15-14 at 05:52 AM. Reason: OS version
    07-15-14 05:51 AM