11-26-17 12:47 PM
632 ... 2021222324 ...
tools
    Great

Posted via CB10
    08-01-16 08:10 PM
    For those of you too lazy to patch, or too frustrated trying to get the patching to work, here's the latest patched Uber:

https://mega.nz/#!DNlXGZYJ!es5d03IUF...Q2LSOSiblmDHIE

...and Lyft:

https://mega.nz/#!zNsgGQyL!ka71A-KAZ...UF0r3BeKyeNWFQ
    08-02-16 06:16 AM
    What we need, is someone who can be bothered (and with the time to spare) to make an 'appstore' with the latest patched versions of various apps, the easiest way would probably be relying on a few users to upload apk's of various apps they have installed (from their phone if possible), then you could have a request list etc.

Think something like this would definitely ease the BlackBerry experience for 'non-techies', fun project too whilst it lasted.

Ensuring the apps were up to date would be the headache, as well as fixing new patching issues but there are people who do that already to be fair.

Maybe not even an app, just an online folder (with plenty of space) and people can find the apk's on there, and really they would only need to be updated if a great new feature came through or the old ones stopped working...

Hmm...

Posted via CB10
    fbi114 likes this.
    08-03-16 06:04 AM
    I can confirm the below works when patching the Uber (or any map dependent app). You definitely need to API keys as well as the updated apktool. Used it and now the maps in Uber work fine. Can upload the patched apk if anyone needs to test it.

I Finally managed to successfully patch uber again.

Few days ago somebody posted step-by-step instructions in Cobalt's thread on how to patch Uber and other G Map dependent apps. I followed the steps and I successfully patched latest Uber apk. Map in Uber is now showing on my z30. Instructions are in post # 3082 :

http://forums.crackberry.com/android...l#post12515811
    08-03-16 09:05 AM
    Patched apps work fine on my Passport -- except one small, yet important detail: maps do not show inside apps like Uber or SportTracker... For instance, Uber app has no issues getting my location, and the 'pin' works fine showing the current address -- it's just that the page is blank, with no map on it. For SportsTracker, it is similar -- i.e. the map is not showing.
    At the same time, patched Google Maps app works fine -- showing full map, and getting location in a sec.

Any solution to this issue? (apologies if this has been discussed before)
    Barbareren likes this.
    08-09-16 05:49 PM
    Patched apps work fine on my Passport -- except one small, yet important detail: maps do not show inside apps like Uber or SportTracker... For instance, Uber app has no issues getting my location, and the 'pin' works fine showing the current address -- it's just that the page is blank, with no map on it. For SportsTracker, it is similar -- i.e. the map is not showing.
    At the same time, patched Google Maps app works fine -- showing full map, and getting location in a sec.

Any solution to this issue? (apologies if this has been discussed before)
    Might need to do the API thing from a few posts above for yourself, doesn't take long

Posted via CB10
    JJonPB likes this.
    08-10-16 02:43 AM
    Thanks! It was only after I posted my question that I have found the step-by-step instruction post talking about the APIs :-)

Now re-patched the apps using Patcher 1.5 beta and freshly created APIs -- maps appeared and are working as charm! Yay!
    08-10-16 03:16 AM
    Can you see the fare quote ?

Posted via CB10
    08-10-16 08:38 AM
    I had install uber partner. After I had login and I got a message that this version is no longer update this version I had tried to update but it's show " massage that unable to install this app" and I try ola and I got the same issue as uber.
    08-14-16 12:35 PM
    Working Latest Patched Lyft, Uber Partner, and Uber App-img_20160905_134922.png

Hi everyone,

I managed to install the patched Google Maps.
    It can pinpoint my location.

But the screen is static. (as in the screen shot).

I can search for places. Can navigate.
    Can hear the voice giving direction.
    But the screen is just like that.

I'm on Z10 STL100-1

Please help.

Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-16 01:10 AM
    Thanks for the patch. It says won't work without updating however. Is there a way to do this using Cobalt's method or a link you have ?
    09-07-16 03:07 AM
    I had install uber partner. After I had login and I got a message that this version is no longer update this version I had tried to update but it's show " massage that unable to install this app" and I try ola and I got the same issue as uber.
    same here....Uber Partner cant update as it say 'Unable to Install this app' . and Maps in Uber Partner also blank. There is something with API etc...

Suprisingly, Uber works perfectly ...LOL....
    09-07-16 09:48 AM
    Cannot enter address on lyft patch:

Hi I downloaded the lyft patch on my q10 running os 10.3.2.556. It downloaded and I could set up lyft account but when I try to put in address for pickup or address for work or home there seems to be no enter button to accept that address. Even if I press enter button on keyboard it does not work. Any way to fix this?? Anyone experience this???

Posted via CB10
    09-10-16 04:00 PM
    Uber Partner app updated to v3.33.0 available using the same link..
    Hi I used the lyft link and got allthe way t log in where it then said I can not continue using lyft without using th update version, it then corrected me to the standard google play store lyft app wh I already know does not work on blackberry passport
    09-27-16 11:28 AM
    Hello tatail, thanks for all the efforts. By any chance you have latest Ola and TaxiforSure versions patched ? I have tried to patch them myself but both are giving errors and not working.

Thanks in advance.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-16 10:53 PM
    Sorry guys it has been a while since I had successfully patched any of the apps..

If I ever successfully patch any of the apps, I will let you know.
    09-28-16 12:20 AM
    anyone using aliexpress, i have patched a few app which i use weekly (india specific) like paytm, mycams, hopscotch and working perfectly... but when i tried with aliexpress, its showing loading error.
    10-04-16 02:12 AM
    Hi anyone please provide the updated versions of OLA and Uber cabs for Indian demography

Posted via CB10
    10-09-16 12:38 AM
    Lyft has released an app for Amazon Fire tablet. I wonder if anyone has a rooted tablet and can extract the Lyft app?

Would be interesting to test it on BB10 phones.
    10-25-16 02:35 AM
    Hi, first of all, my gratitude to all who have helped and patched the apps, you have made an amazing contribution which to this day keeps BB10 more functional, kudos to you, mates!

I've moved on to the PRIV, but also keep my Passport to alternate (BB10 to me is the best overall OS and I prefer the UI). Anyway, my gf and parents are still on BB10 as main drivers, pending the long awaited Mercury-Rome.

In the meantime, my gf has been using Uber on her Q10 per the instructions of this thread. We've had Cobalt's GPS setup on it, as to use the same full version of Uber as Android and have now updated to the latest 4.4.4 Google Account Manager and the latest Play Services.

For Google Maps, the unpatched version works and even shows the saved places as logged in. It also locks the current location.

Unfortunately, Uber does lock location only after the first login or after opening BlackBerry Maps from within the BBVE app (through "Location" ). With the older configuration Uber did lock the location, but did not show a map, now it's viceversa.

We've used the apk patched and posted by pomidor a few months ago and have not updated since it had been kind of working.

My question is, if anyone has patched a more recent version, is the same issue present or is it working without a glitch (showing map and locking location)?

If so, could you be so kind as to provide the apk file?

Thanks in advance for any input!
    10-30-16 04:50 PM
    I can confirm that Grab v4.13.1 (511) patched and Uber v3.126.0 work flawlessly on my PP Silver on 10.3.2.2888.
    11-04-16 07:28 PM
    I can confirm that Grab v4.13.1 (511) patched and Uber v3.126.0 work flawlessly on my PP Silver on 10.3.2.2888.
    Did you patch the apk? Or it worked out of the box?

Posted via CB10
    11-04-16 07:46 PM
    I patched the Grab while Uber worked out of the box.

For Uber, it is quite a surprise. In the past, I tried many times to use a patched Uber, but failed totally. This time, I opened Google Play Store, then upgraded Uber as per the on-screen instructions - which I found strange as I completely uninstalled Uber before. Then it worked suddenly.
    11-04-16 08:45 PM
    The Uber Rider App works out of the box, but the Driver app doesn't

PlayBook UK Channel C001CB4A1
    tinbilly likes this.
    11-04-16 08:59 PM
    The Uber Rider App works out of the box, but the Driver app doesn't

PlayBook UK Channel C001CB4A1
    In our case, the unpatched (out of the box) Uber rider app gives a "basic" interface, the same as m.uber.com. Inversely, the patched app together with Cobalt's Google Play Services configuration provides the full Android interface. Have you noticed this as well?

Posted with my powerful and masterful  Passport!
    11-04-16 11:17 PM
632 ... 2021222324 ...