Now Posted:
    Lyft v3.23.1.23379-patched.apk
    Uber Driver v3.66.3-patched.apk

https://app.box.com/s/5k3rf55wt76qaifs5flsvmcgolpk80x7

Commentary - I appreciate that Uber and Lyft are constantly working to improve their apps, but it seems like this is becoming a daily thing. Makes me yearn for a PRIV (Verizon) so as to avoid these patching hassles and the glitches running the apps on my Z30.
    12-17-15 12:54 PM
    Now Posted:
    Lyft v3.23.1.23379-patched.apk
    Uber Driver v3.66.3-patched.apk

Commentary - I appreciate that Uber and Lyft are constantly working to improve their apps, but it seems like this is becoming a daily thing. Makes me yearn for a PRIV (Verizon) so as to avoid these patching hassles and the glitches running the apps on my Z30.
    I see no reason to update constantly unless there is a compelling reason to do so. If the app works then I don't jump on every update.

I just wish they would give a recent changes history in the description.
    12-17-15 12:57 PM
    I see no reason to update constantly unless there is a compelling reason to do so. If the app works then I don't jump on every update.

I just wish they would give a recent changes history in the description.
    The thing is that both the companies force you to update between to three weeks.
    12-17-15 01:43 PM
    The thing is that both the companies force you to update between to three weeks.
    What happens if you don't? Does the app stop functioning? Just wondering because I am usually an update or so behind.
    12-17-15 02:12 PM
    Well you can't pass the notification.. it just stays there.
    So you have to update.

Posted via CB10
    12-17-15 02:40 PM
    Well you can't pass the notification.. it just stays there.
    So you have to update.

Posted via CB10
    Never seen one.
    12-17-15 06:49 PM
    Don't update for a few weeks and you will see it.

Posted via CB10
    12-18-15 12:00 AM
    Thanks for the patched apps. Loving my Passport more.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-15 09:07 AM
    Now posted:
    Uber Driver v3.66.5-patched
    Uber Cab v3.81.2-patched
    JG_Agustin and Al moon like this.
    12-20-15 02:38 PM
    Lyft Issue...

Over the last couple weeks, I've quite often received this text notification from Lyft "You have lost contact with the Lyft system. Please relocate to an area with better network coverage", even though I'm clearly in a location with strong signal strength. I've also noticed a dramatic decrease in actual rider requests over this same period. I can't help but think these two are related.
    Has anyone else seen this issue. I've looked around but found nothing specific that helps, although that is complicated by the fact that I'm using the Cobalt patched play services, ID, etc...and using a patched version of Lyft on my Z30.

Any help is greatly appreciated as I am sure I'm losing money (missed driving opportunities) due to this problem at a time when I really can't afford to. Thanks!!
    12-20-15 02:46 PM
    Are there any updates to Google Maps and Google Play in the works?
    12-20-15 03:16 PM
    Are there any updates to Google Maps and Google Play in the works?
    Google play is updated by Cobalt and it is best if you use his patches.

I haven't had time lately to update any of the apps, which I'll when i have time.
    12-22-15 12:37 AM
    Lyft Issue...

Over the last couple weeks, I've quite often received this text notification from Lyft "You have lost contact with the Lyft system. Please relocate to an area with better network coverage", even though I'm clearly in a location with strong signal strength. I've also noticed a dramatic decrease in actual rider requests over this same period. I can't help but think these two are related.
    Has anyone else seen this issue. I've looked around but found nothing specific that helps, although that is complicated by the fact that I'm using the Cobalt patched play services, ID, etc...and using a patched version of Lyft on my Z30.

Any help is greatly appreciated as I am sure I'm losing money (missed driving opportunities) due to this problem at a time when I really can't afford to. Thanks!!
    Something just crossed my mind...

Do you minimize the the Lyft app or it is running active and you get that message?

If the former then you might want to check the permissions in BB10 settings to make sure it is allowed to run in the background.
    12-22-15 12:40 AM
    Okay, thanks!
    12-22-15 01:40 AM
    Google play is updated by Cobalt and it is best if you use his patches.

I haven't had time lately to update any of the apps, which I'll when i have time.
    Okay, thanks!
    12-22-15 01:41 AM
    Something just crossed my mind...

Do you minimize the the Lyft app or it is running active and you get that message?

If the former then you might want to check the permissions in BB10 settings to make sure it is allowed to run in the background.
    __
    I also thought minimizing might be the culprit since I am usually running UBER partner at the same time and will have one app or the other minimized. I checked the settings and 'running in background' is allowed. I also considered it might be an issue of WiFi vs. network since Lyft requires WiFi to be on when going to driver mode. However, I've closed all other apps (including shutting down all background apps) run the app by itself both on WiFi and on network and still get the notification popping up while Lyft was running as the primary app. I've reinstalled the application, rebooted the phone, and still have the problem. About the only thing I've not done yet is wiping the phone clean and starting over with a clean install - a task I hope to avoid.

I should have recorded the exact day this issue started, but I'm pretty sure it coincides with my install of Cobalt's Account manager and Google ID (by no means am I blaming this on Cobalt. Just trying to pin down root cause on the phone). I was hoping that installing these apps would eliminate the application issues I was having with UBER, Lyft, Google Maps, and Waze. Of course, it could be another application conflict, bad install of the apps, a configuration issue, or newer revisions of the Lyft app.

Last night I got just one Lyft ride request in an area that has been quite busy for me. Although, as soon as the request came in the application locked up with the accept counter at 15. A few seconds later the sound of the counter beeping down played at double speed while the screen remained frozen until 20-30seconds later the warning popped up saying I've missed a request.
    12-22-15 10:14 AM
    I'm receiving the same message regarding Google play services. I have all of the required apps installed. I've tried multiple times as well to patch and install the app to no avail. I have my mentor appointment on Sunday and was hoping to have the app working by then. Uber gives me the unable to detect location message upon the initial opening of the app but after that it seems to work okay. I haven't tried to go online yet though to test that part out.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-15 07:49 PM
    Hi

I've downloaded and tried to install the Uber Cab patched apk but my PAssport keep saying that it cannot install this apk

Do you guys have any idea ?

I am using the 10.3.2.2836 OS

Thank you
    12-23-15 08:04 PM
    I'm receiving the same message regarding Google play services. I have all of the required apps installed. I've tried multiple times as well to patch and install the app to no avail. I have my mentor appointment on Sunday and was hoping to have the app working by then. Uber gives me the unable to detect location message upon the initial opening of the app but after that it seems to work okay. I haven't tried to go online yet though to test that part out.

Posted via CB10
    Don't take BlackBerry phone to your mentor session cause it won't work for mentor session and you will fail.
    Get someone else's phone and use that..

I am trying to figure out why the new Lyft apks are giving Play Services error.
    12-23-15 10:19 PM
    Hi

I've downloaded and tried to install the Uber Cab patched apk but my PAssport keep saying that it cannot install this apk

Thank you
    Do you have Uber already installed from other source?
    If so, you need to uninstall that first.
    12-23-15 10:20 PM
    Lyft
    Uber Cab
    Uber Driver
    Updated.
    12-23-15 10:29 PM
    Check Cobalt's page for new updates..
    12-23-15 10:31 PM
    Yes, I had Uber installed from Snap before. But I removed it before installing Uber patched but no my PAssport keep saying that it cannot be installed. I restarted my BlackBerry and retried but no success.

What should I do?
    12-24-15 12:56 AM
    Yes, I had Uber installed from Snap before. But I removed it before installing Uber patched but no my PAssport keep saying that it cannot be installed. I restarted my BlackBerry and retried but no success.

What should I do?
    If you have Google ID installed open it, tap the three dots, go to Android Settings and then Apps make sure Uber is uninstalled.

Good luck

Posted via CB10
    12-24-15 01:44 AM
    Hi

Thank you
    Make sure you have the patched Google play services installed.

Posted via CB10
    12-25-15 02:59 PM
632 ... 1314151617 ...