Drove UBER this morning with no issue. Tonight it wants to update before going online. So I patched them all. I think they all work. Will know shortly as I try to go back online. My file link is on first page, first post courtesy of tatail.
    anon(5742598) likes this.
    11-20-15 10:18 PM
    New updates.
    New version of Google Play Services..
    11-24-15 03:54 PM
    Bookmarked

Posted via CB10
    11-28-15 01:15 PM
    11-29-15 01:36 PM
    Hi tatail, can you please update patched apps for Ola and Taxi for Sure with their latest versions ?

Taxi for sure latest version is 4.2.9
    Ola latest version is 3.4.10

Many thanks in advance.

Posted via CB10
    11-29-15 07:11 PM
    Ola Cabs and Taxi For Sure Updated

Posted via CB10
    nfsw and GBRB3439 like this.
    11-30-15 10:58 PM
    Lyft and Uber Cab updates today....

https://app.box.com/s/5k3rf55wt76qaifs5flsvmcgolpk80x7
    Thansk SG701,
    Another tip, don't archive the old apks because both the companies force you to update, so there is no use for them.

What I do is I click on Upload New Version.. it keeps track of the number of downloads and the number of versions and all that.

Posted via CB10
    sg701 likes this.
    11-30-15 11:04 PM

Posted via CB10
    Thank you so much !! Really appreciate it.

Posted via CB10
    12-01-15 11:58 AM

Posted via CB10
    Hi tatail, thank you for this. Just one glitch. I'm not been able to connect both apps while on mobile data. They are functional only on wifi. Do I need to do something? Earlier version were working fine. Please let me know. Thanks. Here are the screen shots for both.

Working Latest Patched Lyft, Uber Partner, and Uber App-img_20151202_115528.png
    Working Latest Patched Lyft, Uber Partner, and Uber App-img_20151202_115546.png

Posted via CB10
    12-02-15 12:29 AM
    It is not about connectivity..
    The reason it asks you to turn on WiFi is because it wants to find your location.

What I usually do is I turn on WiFi, you don't have to be connected to anything Wifi just turn it on and after that go to the app and go online.

You can safely turn off Wifi after that.

I have written about this in the first post.

Good luck

Posted via CB10
    12-02-15 11:53 AM
    Taxi For Sure wants to improve location, but I have no idea why Ola Cabs would suggest no Internet connection available.

Posted via CB10
    12-02-15 11:55 AM
    12-02-15 04:48 PM
    I'll try the "upload new" option on the next upload. The only reason I did the archive was that I had updated Uber Driver one night just before driving and found out it did not work at all. I uninstalled it and went back to the prior version and it actually worked. Every other time the version is off it minimizes it and opens Snap to download the newest.
    One question, I've found WAZE working better with LYFT than Google Maps on my Z30 so I'm now using that. I am currently patching the latest revision but I thought I'd ask if there is anything specific I should know about the configuration for patching WAZE? Thank again tatail
    12-02-15 05:02 PM
    It is not about connectivity..
    The reason it asks you to turn on WiFi is because it wants to find your location.

What I usually do is I turn on WiFi, you don't have to be connected to anything Wifi just turn it on and after that go to the app and go online.

You can safely turn off Wifi after that.

I have written about this in the first post.

Good luck

Posted via CB10
    It worked for both ! Thank you so much.

It's weird though... I never had to turn on wifi for both on their earlier versions. They worked perfectly without that.

Any chances to solve Ola's 'Unable to find location' and not displaying map? It serves the purpose after entering pick up address but I was hoping to see the map and my location with this new version.

Taxi for Sure displays map and current location perfectly... even on its earlier version it used to work flawless.

Posted via CB10
    12-02-15 06:48 PM
    If you want to run the patched Lyft, Uber or other location based app, you need the following setup:

1. Install the Google Account app 4.3.3 and login to Google
    2. Install Blackberry Google ID 2.7 and checkin your device with Google
    3. Install Google Play Services 8.4.89

These 3 files are absolutely required to run the full Google Play Services stack, which provides GPS and Network based positioning. That setup will also enable Google Maps to support my places, location history, offline maps and everything else.

This overview should help to get a better understanding of the Google setup on a Blackberry device:

Working Latest Patched Lyft, Uber Partner, and Uber App-cobalt_overview.png
    Last edited by Cobalt232; 12-03-15 at 09:14 AM.
    blackmoe, circus_boi and tatail like this.
    12-03-15 06:47 AM
    If you want to run the patched Lyft, Uber or other location based app, you need the following setup:

These 3 files are absolutely required to run the full Google Play Services stack, which provides GPS and Network based positioning. That setup will also enable Google Maps to support my places, location history, offline maps and everything else.

This overview should help to get a better understanding of the Google setup on a Blackberry device:
    Cobalt, first, let me thank you very much for your wonderful work done on Google services for BlackBerry and letting us experience android apps on our BB10's. Because of you, now I have Google Play Store on my Z30

Yes, I have followed all your steps and installed all three files required before installing patched apps.

I'm not much in apps but always struggled to get basic taxi services apps like Ola and Taxi for Sure which are very effective and useful for quickly hiring taxis in India. Thanks to tatail, now I have both these apps on my phone.

Taxi for Sure displays location and map perfectly on both its versions I used till now but Ola couldn't display map and location on its latest and earlier version. But it can be used entering the location manually. It's same for many friends here but don't know why it's not been able to display map and current location.

Posted via CB10
    12-04-15 12:18 PM
    Quick question for you, did you update the Ola Cabs app or uninsttalled and reinstalled the new version?

Uninstall the app restart your phone and try again.

Good luck

Posted via CB10
    12-04-15 02:15 PM
    Updates now posted:https://app.box.com/s/5k3rf55wt76qaifs5flsvmcgolpk80x7
    Lyft v3.21.0.22169-patched
    Uber Cab v3.79.3-patched
    JG_Agustin and circus_boi like this.
    12-04-15 04:15 PM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cobalt_Overview.PNG 
Views:	568 
Size:	33.0 KB 
ID:	382935
    Cobalt, I'm running a Z30 on Verizon with the following:
    BB 10.3.2.556
    Google Play Service v8.4.89-cobalt.apk
    Lyft v3.21.0.22169-patched.apk
    Uber Driver v3.64.0-patched.apk
    Waze v3.9.7.0-patched.apk

I don't have the Google Account App. or Blackberry Google ID installed, yet, outside of some performance hangups, Lyft, Uber, and Waze run relatively okay. I'm tempted to install the Account and ID apps, but I can't help but think of the line "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". However, IF it is confirmed that Lyft, Uber and Waze run WAY better with the Account App. and ID App installed, I'll go through the process. Can you (or anyone for that matter) provide any feedback on performance with and without these installed?
    Thanks and thank you for your work on these apps!
    12-04-15 04:56 PM
    Quick question for you, did you update the Ola Cabs app or uninsttalled and reinstalled the new version?

Uninstall the app restart your phone and try again.

Good luck

Posted via CB10
    Yes. I have uninstalled the previous and reinstalled the new patched version uploaded by you.

Posted via CB10
    12-04-15 06:20 PM
    BB 10.3.2.556

I don't have the Google Account App. or Blackberry Google ID installed, yet, outside of some performance hangups, Lyft, Uber, and Waze run relatively okay. I'm tempted to install the Account and ID apps, but I can't help but think of the line "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". However, IF it is confirmed that Lyft, Uber and Waze run WAY better with the Account App. and ID App installed, I'll go through the process. Can you (or anyone for that matter) provide any feedback on performance with and without these installed?
    Without the 2 additional apps you won't have network based location positioning. That means that your location can only be determined, if you have GPS Satellites in sight. In closed rooms, you won't get location lock.
    JG_Agustin likes this.
    12-04-15 06:40 PM
    Without the 2 additional apps you won't have network based location positioning. That means that your location can only be determined, if you have GPS Satellites in sight. In closed rooms, you won't get location lock.
    I finally got it working. Had to reinstall everything. From the Google account, id, GPS, Maps and Uber, with all the latest patched apps.

Thanks so much to Cobalt and all those that provide the patched apps, kudos and best wishes from Mexico!

Posted with my powerful and masterful  Passport!
    12-04-15 09:45 PM
    BB 10.3.2.556

It'll work a lot better.. I have had those apps installed and it has been great so far.

Also, follow Cobalt232's instruction on making sure you have wireless location tracking enabled with Google ID.

Posted via CB10
    12-04-15 10:00 PM
    Could you do it for the Sidecar passenger app please?
    12-08-15 03:21 AM
    Yeah, will do tomorrow..

Posted via CB10
    12-08-15 04:12 AM
632 ... 1112131415 ...