I've been playing Words With Friends with an old high school friend for a couple of years now. Recently, I've been using the latest version from Snap, but the latest update became unplayable on my Q10. The reason: It shows a "Terms and Conditions" screen, but there's no way to scroll it to get to the "okay" or "accept" button. I assume it's due to the size of the Q10 screen, but I don't really know. At any rate, I had to uninstall it.

So I went into the Amazon store and got their version, which is older. It works "fine", which is to say it's not the best experience on the Q10 but it's playable. And unlike the Google Play/Snap version, it notifies me when my opponent has taken a turn.

This is just FYI, for anyone interested in the game on the Q10.
    09-19-14 09:03 AM
    Interesting. The Snap version is fine on the Z30. Wonder how it will work on the shiny new Passport I'm looking forward to...
    09-19-14 09:50 AM
    Interesting. The Snap version is fine on the Z30. Wonder how it will work on the shiny new Passport I'm looking forward to...
    The Snap version before the last update worked significantly better on my Q10 than the one before that, in terms of not freezing or flickering, but I never got any notifications. The Amazon version flickers a bit when the board first fills, but after that it's okay. I suppose at some point it will be updated too, and I'll need to click the missing "accept" button.

I wonder the same about the Passport. I expect it to be the same as the Q10, but bigger, but I guess it's possible it could be letterboxed, in which case there should be no problem. What's the term for vertical letterboxing anyway? Doorwaying?
    09-19-14 11:51 AM
    The Snap version before the last update worked significantly better on my Q10 than the one before that, in terms of not freezing or flickering, but I never got any notifications. The Amazon version flickers a bit when the board first fills, but after that it's okay. I suppose at some point it will be updated too, and I'll need to click the missing "accept" button.

I wonder the same about the Passport. I expect it to be the same as the Q10, but bigger, but I guess it's possible it could be letterboxed, in which case there should be no problem. What's the term for vertical letterboxing anyway? Doorwaying?
    Believe it or not, there is a term for it: Pillarbox - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So yes, it sounds like pillarboxing would be a nice 10.3.0 option to deal with apps not specifically tailored for the Passport.
    ubizmo likes this.
    09-19-14 12:06 PM