Hi everybody,

I've been playing Clash of Clans on my Z10 after installing it with an older version of Snap.
    With every new update, I could go to Snap and update without losing anything.

Not any more, after the update yesterday, possibly correlated with me cleaning up some unused apps on my Z10, Snap says my apps are 'Not found in Google Play'.
    CoC still launches, but pops-up that there is an update and it won't go any further.

Logging out and back into Snap didn't solve the issue, neither did rebooting the phone. I also updated Snap to 2.0.0.2 to no avail.

I found other posts with the same problem, but no solution was provided.

A possibility is to go to Cobalt's Google Apps, but my biggest concern is that I do not want to lose my village on CoC, since it is not possible to move a game from a BlackBerry to another platform.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Best regards.
    12-11-15 09:41 AM
    SNAP is a front end for loading Google Play Store apps on a BlackBerry 10 device, without using Google Play Services.
    Cobalt's files are Google Play Store files that he has patched to allow them to function on a BB10 device, with very limited access to parts of the Google Play Services.
    Both "ways" are still pulling from the same place, the real Google Play Store and both are pulling the same versions of the apps.
    If CoC has updated their app to make more use or full use of Google Play Services, it is highly possible that neither method will pull a BB10 functional CoC.
    If the makers of CoC have also decided to make it so that older version of the app must be updated to function, again it is highly possible that you may wind up with a non-BB10 usable app.
    I do not know for sure how CoC stores your settings and saved progress. If it is stored local on the device, normally one can perform a full back up, make the app changes or patching, then restore the backup to restore the settings and saves.
    If the settings and saved progress is stored server side, on CoC's system or within Google Play, you may be out of luck on recovering a BB10 save.

All that said, I just now spotted this thread. Maybe it can help:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/android...e-fix-1053389/
    12-11-15 10:59 AM
    SNAP is a front end for loading Google Play Store apps on a BlackBerry 10 device, without using Google Play Services.
    Cobalt's files are Google Play Store files that he has patched to allow them to function on a BB10 device, with very limited access to parts of the Google Play Services.
    Both "ways" are still pulling from the same place, the real Google Play Store and both are pulling the same versions of the apps.
    If CoC has updated their app to make more use or full use of Google Play Services, it is highly possible that neither method will pull a BB10 functional CoC.
    If the makers of CoC have also decided to make it so that older version of the app must be updated to function, again it is highly possible that you may wind up with a non-BB10 usable app.
    I do not know for sure how CoC stores your settings and saved progress. If it is stored local on the device, normally one can perform a full back up, make the app changes or patching, then restore the backup to restore the settings and saves.
    If the settings and saved progress is stored server side, on CoC's system or within Google Play, you may be out of luck on recovering a BB10 save.

All that said, I just now spotted this thread. Maybe it can help:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/android...e-fix-1053389/

What limitations do you see in the current implementation of Google Play Services (beside of the non functional GCM Cloud Messaging and Google Wear)? What does not work?
    DaFoxGrey likes this.
    12-11-15 11:24 AM
    Thank you very much.

That helps a lot, because I can try Cobalt's apps as an alternative to Snap.

Clash of Clans is just the one I am worried about, but I have two more Snap apps that are in the same situation: not found in google play.
    And yes, a lot if stored on the servers, but there must be some sort of local device identification which sets the village to the device.

I will check out the CoC fix thread as well, thank you for that.
    12-11-15 11:31 AM
    What limitations do you see in the current implementation of Google Play Services (beside of the non functional GCM Cloud Messaging and Google Wear)? What does not work?
    Hi Cobalt
    I was just making a "worst case scenario" for the OP as far as your patched suite of files for Google integration on BB10, I haven't ran into any issues myself and I'm very grateful for your work on this
    12-11-15 12:06 PM
    Hi Cobalt
    I was just making a "worst case scenario" for the OP as far as your patched suite of files for Google integration on BB10, I haven't ran into any issues myself and I'm very grateful for your work on this
    Yes, Cobalt, allow me to add my kudos here.
    I just finished installing the tools and GPS is quite happy running on my Z10.

CoC still showed 'incompatible' so I deleted the cache and I was able to update the game.
    And it is now loading the updated version on my BB.

Thank you very much!!!
    Last edited by tux_fan; 12-11-15 at 12:33 PM. Reason: SOLVED
    12-11-15 12:23 PM
    Yes, Cobalt, allow me to add my kudos here.
    I just finished installing the tools and GPS is quite happy running on my Z10.

CoC is still 'incompatible' so I am trying the troubleshooting tips right now.
    Should I trust the patched CoC downloads, or should it simply work with GPS, now that I have it running?
    Most of the guys that provide a patched version of COC are quite active here. There should not be much of a risk.

Maybe some tipps if you don't see COC in your Play Store:

1. Run Blackberry Google ID and hit unregister. Then register again
    2. Clear Play Store Cache in Blackberry Settings > App Manager > Device Monitor > Storage > Play Store > Clear Data. The cache will be reduced from about 14MB to 8 MB. That is normal and ok.
    3. Run Play Store and hit accept to the terms.
    4. Then close Play Store and wait for about 30 minutes. The store will sync some server data and then COC will show up again.

Do never hit the unregister button in Blackberry Google ID after that procedure. If causes a mismatch of the GSF ID on the Server and the cached version on your device. If you hit unregister by accident one day, you'll again have to follow steps 1-4 again.
    12-11-15 12:34 PM
    Hi Cobalt
    Yaiii. Just thought that you may have found a serious flaw I didn't know of
    DaFoxGrey and tux_fan like this.
    12-11-15 12:35 PM
    Thanks again.

I actually followed your instructions in the main post and got it working, then edited my post, possibly while you were replying.
    Sorry about that and many thanks for helping me out, not to mention the tools.

I have a bit of a different issue, though.
    If I sign out and then repeat steps 1 through 4 but use ANOTHER google ID, will my phone keep the apps and their settings?

To explain, CoC on my Z10 is stand-alone, not associated with a G+ account.
    To make matters worse, my G+ account is associated with my main game, not this one that I sometimes play on the phone when I'm away.
    I know, sick!

But I would like to associate the game from my Z10 with another (secondary) G+ account that I have, which I can then play on my Playbook, eventually.

Hence my query. If by using a different G+ on the Z10 there is a danger of the game being wiped out, I am screwed, as Supercell doesn't support BB.
    12-11-15 01:03 PM
    Thanks again.

I actually followed your instructions in the main post and got it working, then edited my post, possibly while you were replying.
    Sorry about that and many thanks for helping me out, not to mention the tools.

I have a bit of a different issue, though.
    If I sign out and then repeat steps 1 through 4 but use ANOTHER google ID, will my phone keep the apps and their settings?

To explain, CoC on my Z10 is stand-alone, not associated with a G+ account.
    To make matters worse, my G+ account is associated with my main game, not this one that I sometimes play on the phone when I'm away.
    I know, sick!

But I would like to associate the game from my Z10 with another (secondary) G+ account that I have, which I can then play on my Playbook, eventually.

Hence my query. If by using a different G+ on the Z10 there is a danger of the game being wiped out, I am screwed, as Supercell doesn't support BB.
    What you should do is to contact supercell and let them link the village to the google account that you are using to login in Google Account Manager/Blackberry Google ID

Just tell them that you are on an android device and that you want to move to an other android device. Community members reported that this procedure works.
    12-11-15 01:07 PM
    Thanks again, I will. I think S6 was suggested, but if they ask I will say S4, as it's about the same age as the Z10.

You are the best!
    12-11-15 01:12 PM