I realise that a number of Google apps, and others, will require Google Play Services to function (Some still work others don't). Normally there is a notification to tell me that this is the case. However, I notice that some apps now download onto the phone and when opened, begin to open and then immediately go back to the desktop and do nothing. Is this common?

Apps I tried include Google Chrome (43.0.2357.93) released on June 10th and a number of banking apps like Barclays, and Lloyds, with the same result. I saw in some Youtube reviews earlier this year that Chrome was working on 10.3.1 (My BB has OS10.3.1.2576), and wonder if this is related to some updates on the Google side of things that have stopped these apps working on BB10. Anyone else with this issue?

P.s. I have tried through SNAP and Google Play with the same result.
    07-07-15 06:34 AM
    when they blink closed like that, that means to me that they won't work no matter what you do. Have you tried Lucky Patcher?
    07-07-15 07:14 AM
    Have you checked out the various threads started by Cobalt232? http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=965257
    Chrome and my banking app works fine on my Passport.

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport.
    07-07-15 07:16 AM
    Thanks guys. Will check out both suggestions.

Posted via CB10
    07-08-15 06:13 AM
    Update: Through the link I have tried to use Lucky Patcher without any 'luck'.

I looked at the link sent and it seems to suggest Chrome shouldn't need to be adapted and should work. Google Whitelist just blinks off when opened too. Not sure what to do there. I am not much of a techy so I do find it a bit confusing as to what is what for where. But am trying...

Just to clarify I have Google Play and a number of Android apps already downloaded through that. This just seems to happen to around 5 to 10%. Weird.

Posted via CB10
    07-08-15 07:02 AM
    Update: Through the link I have tried to use Lucky Patcher without any 'luck'.

I looked at the link sent and it seems to suggest Chrome shouldn't need to be adapted and should work. Google Whitelist just blinks off when opened too. Not sure what to do there. I am not much of a techy so I do find it a bit confusing as to what is what for where. But am trying...

Just to clarify I have Google Play and a number of Android apps already downloaded through that. This just seems to happen to around 5 to 10%. Weird.

Posted via CB10
    Gmaps Patcher works more thoroughly than Lucky Patcher. Gmaps does require a computer and some copying back and forth though.

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport.
    07-08-15 11:22 AM
    Thanks again. Will give it a shot. Through trawling online I did find that other people had had similar problems with the latest incarnation of Chrome in that it also wouldn't work for them.

I guess if worst came to worst I could get by and use Web versions of the banking apps and Firefox. We'll see if there is any difference when the update of 10.3.2 rolls out here in China...

Thanks for the tips.

Posted via CB10
    07-10-15 03:17 AM
    Barclays, TSB, the same result not working on bb10. I have to use my Bold 9000 for online banking this is progress!

Posted via CB10
    07-11-15 05:33 PM