Why we are unable to run the ANY Android apps. It is asking for google play services. Even after trying the cobalT method installed google play services but not working. we are also unable to load google maps, OLA CAB, MERU CABS booking app IN INDIA. Google maps never work, can you please suggest some solutions. Other wise this phone is not use for me and i have to think for selling? MOST OF THE APPS IN THE BLACKBERRY WORLD NOT WORKING.
    04-08-15 03:25 AM
    Welcome to Android. As I have stated many times before, some work, some don't. Maybe you can patch them to work. Do some searching and reading, but don't get your hopes up too high.
    Welcome to Android. As I have stated many times before, some work, some don't. Maybe you can patch them to work. Do some searching and reading, but don't get your hopes up too high.
    04-08-15 05:55 AM
    Yes none of them work and will never unless modified by Google or the app developer.

Even I am thinking to quit the BlackBerry platform as apps are now more important and BlackBerry gives a damn about the native developers.

Posted via CB10
    04-08-15 05:59 AM
    They will work much better if you get the "Lucky Patcher" app link and follow the instructions on this CB page by user Cobalt here:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/android...atcher-947141/

It is easy to use (app screenshots are shown in the CB post) will remove the Google Play dependencies of the Android apps. When you open the Lucky Patcher app it will show an update is available, so get that. Previously you had to delete the original unpatched version of the. .apk file but now the app does it all for ya. Just did it myself the other day and it really helps. Good luck!

 Living the life, posting via BB Z30 
    04-09-15 11:02 PM
    Googlemaps works perfectly and flawlessly. It doesn't even give a popup error.

Posted via CB10 on my BlackBerry Passport | Been around the world, don't speak the language but workin' wide need no explainin'
    04-10-15 04:18 PM
    I agree fully with this statement. without app (needed one) we generally need to go other os where we will get the same.Thinking to leave after using BB 10 OS for 2 years. Point here is maps will work but ola, taxi for sure apps which are depending on google services are not working till date taking all patches whatever it is.
    05-04-15 01:02 AM
    Google maps works all well, no error seen until now. However its the other apps such as Ola, taxi for sure, tinder and many others that don't work. Apps are the need of the hour and a must for smartphone.

Trying to apply workaround to see if these apps work. Fingers crossed.

Posted via CB10
    05-05-15 01:42 AM
    I keep getting this error... have tried the lucky patcher too but still i feel something is not right.

i even get to the point where i am able to login but then again google play services not supported and shutdown.

would be awesome if someone could help..Why are Aandroid apps like maps, Ola cab app, Menu cab app not working?-img_20151008_173330.jpg
    10-08-15 07:19 AM