Hi guys...good day. Please I wanna know something. I gat bb10 whatsapp app, I downloaded the andriod apk version and am trying to test the andriod version. My chat history backup with the bb10 app is on my media card........is it possible to restore the chat history in the andriod apk version....that is kind of transferring my chat history from bb10 to the andriod apk??

Posted via CB10
    07-14-16 02:54 AM
    Please someone say something

Posted via CB10
    07-14-16 04:32 PM
    Lol. No one paying any attention to ya?

Well I will give you my input. I just spent 2 days getting my conversations from my Z30, transferring to an android, then to an iPhone. Was quite the Feat.

Here is what I think. You can export your conversations into an android format, gonna assume you know how to do that?

Once you have done that, you can try to see if the android version will find your back up on your SD card or internal storage. For me even tho what's app and android say to leave it on the SD card under SD card / what's app and it will find it, I found that wasn't true.
    I had to take the what's app folder and copy it to the internal storage.

If it doesn't find the back up on its own, then try to find the android folder the android pulls from and paste the databases into there and it theoretically should just load those

Clear as mud?

Posted via CB10
    train82499 likes this.
    07-14-16 09:47 PM
    Lol. No one paying any attention to ya?

Well I will give you my input. I just spent 2 days getting my conversations from my Z30, transferring to an android, then to an iPhone. Was quite the Feat.

Here is what I think. You can export your conversations into an android format, gonna assume you know how to do that?

Once you have done that, you can try to see if the android version will find your back up on your SD card or internal storage. For me even tho what's app and android say to leave it on the SD card under SD card / what's app and it will find it, I found that wasn't true.
    I had to take the what's app folder and copy it to the internal storage.

If it doesn't find the back up on its own, then try to find the android folder the android pulls from and paste the databases into there and it theoretically should just load those

Clear as mud?

Posted via CB10
    At least thanks for attending.....lemme give it a try

Posted via CB10
    07-14-16 11:10 PM
    Hi guys...good day. Please I wanna know something. I gat bb10 whatsapp app, I downloaded the andriod apk version and am trying to test the andriod version. My chat history backup with the bb10 app is on my media card........is it possible to restore the chat history in the andriod apk version....that is kind of transferring my chat history from bb10 to the andriod apk??

Posted via CB10
    Assuming you know where is the WhatsApp folder from your android phone, copy the whole folder and put it under

Device/misc/android

from your bb10 device

Install android whatsapp to your bb10 device and login and it should ask if you want to restore your history

If you don't know where is the WhatsApp folder from android phone, ring the bell
    07-15-16 12:01 PM