Hi,

Was really excited about the priv but not sure if it's a national thing but prices are tremendously high, still today, where in an Blackberry Priv is twice as expensive as an iphone 6 with the same subscription so I am considering going with the blackberry classic.

But I was wondering, how well can it run androids app?
    Is it able to work with my activity tracker and connect to it via bluetooth LE?

Tried contacted blackberry sales, which redirected me to support, which said I should contact my provider with these technical questions but Vodafone again says they do not provide technical support for phones and since they dont sell BB10 devices cannot help me out either...

Any of you any idea?
    06-26-16 03:28 PM
    The Classic is a great device if you're into productivity and enjoy a physical qwerty keyboard. However running Android apps is hit or miss. Almost all android apps can be downloaded, but performance may vary. They either lag, stall or are not responsive. In addition, not all features/functions will work as intended, or if at all, for all apps. There are some workarounds for some things but it can be time intensive. All in all, I love my Classic and am using it right now, but the PP SE runs every android app much smoother

BBM Channel: C002165D3 Tour 9630 > Bold 9650 > Q10 > Playbook > Classic AND Passport SE!!!
    06-26-16 03:46 PM
    [QUOTE=ZayDub;12483688]The Classic is a great device if you're into productivity and enjoy a physical qwerty keyboard.

I love BlackBerry as much as the next person, but we need to loose the whole "productivity" jargon. As if the other non BlackBerry users, who make up the overwhelming majority of mobile users are non productive.

Posted via CB10
    06-26-16 03:54 PM
    [QUOTE=BB Adict;12483697]
    The Classic is a great device if you're into productivity and enjoy a physical qwerty keyboard.

I love BlackBerry as much as the next person, but we need to loose the whole "productivity" jargon. As if the other non BlackBerry users, who make up the overwhelming majority of mobile users are non productive.

Posted via CB10
    See the hub (x1000), peek and flow, multitasking, built in productivity apps, etc. The term, "productivity" may be debatable, but the word more "efficient" certainly is not -- but in the sense I'm utilizing it, increased efficiency allows for more productivity

BBM Channel: C002165D3 Tour 9630 > Bold 9650 > Q10 > Playbook > Classic AND Passport SE!!!
    06-26-16 04:07 PM
    Hi,

Was really excited about the priv but not sure if it's a national thing but prices are tremendously high, still today, where in an Blackberry Priv is twice as expensive as an iphone 6 with the same subscription so I am considering going with the blackberry classic.

But I was wondering, how well can it run androids app?
    Is it able to work with my activity tracker and connect to it via bluetooth LE?

Tried contacted blackberry sales, which redirected me to support, which said I should contact my provider with these technical questions but Vodafone again says they do not provide technical support for phones and since they dont sell BB10 devices cannot help me out either...

Any of you any idea?
    Do you really need to know much more than that?

Officially the BlackBerry Classic is very limited in it's Android capabilities at this point. It is limited to Android 4.3 or older apps. And can only access Amazon App store or some of the 3rd party apps stores for Android apps.

Unofficially there is currently a hack that allows access to Google Play and that allows many apps reliant on GPS to also work... at least for now.

Activity Trackers and Smart Watches.... really depends on the manufacture. If you have a device in mind, you can ask here about it.
    06-27-16 08:10 AM
    Activity Trackers and Smart Watches.... really depends on the manufacture. If you have a device in mind, you can ask here about it.
    I was wondering if the Misfit Ray would work, I know misfit has a windows, android and ios app but they are not considering a blackberry app...
    07-05-16 04:19 AM
    I ask myself the same question. Does a Misfit Ray work with a Passport for example. Eager to know.

PS: will remove separate thread on this.

Posted via CB10
    07-09-16 09:16 AM