Hi.
    I'm trying to un install apps that I do not need anymore, but my phone keeps loving of when I try to un install the app on play store.

Help

Posted via CB10
    02-07-16 11:43 AM
    Hi.
    I'm trying to un install apps that I do not need anymore, but my phone keeps loving of when I try to un install the app on play store.

Help

Posted via CB10
    The latest BB10 OS has a known issue with the Android runtime that effects uninstalling Android apps.
    See here for the details and work around:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe.../#post12206982
    02-07-16 11:47 AM
    Thanks. Will try anything

Posted via CB10
    02-07-16 12:09 PM
    I don't have version .2876. I am on Rogers with version 10.3.2.2836 does this version have the same problem? I updated an important d link camera app and didn't work. So now It won't uninstall. Tried to get help from google play and they just say to un install from the devices app manager which you can't on a bb

Posted via CB10
    02-08-16 11:19 AM
    Can anyone confirm that OS 10.3.2.2836 with rogers is in the same problem?

Posted via CB10
    02-08-16 11:32 AM
    Can anyone confirm that OS 10.3.2.2836 with rogers is in the same problem?

Posted via CB10
    Yes it does have the same problems, because we are talking about the same OS. .2836 is the software release and is the same as .2876 which is the OS version which we generally refer to here on CB. They are the same.
    02-08-16 11:35 AM
    Thanks brookie, I guess I am screwed on getting this camera app to work. I updated a new app version and it gave me the "need play services" Crap. It worked fine before. Made the big mistake of updating it. So I thought of just un installing and re installing. But now I can't even do that. I might have a earlier back up file on my office computer. That probably wouldn't put an earlier app version back on... would it? Or once it's on the android runtime, it's there to stay... if you phone google play, I guess they can't delete it for ya?

Posted via CB10
    02-08-16 11:50 AM
    Thanks brookie, I guess I am screwed on getting this camera app to work. I updated a new app version and it gave me the "need play services" Crap. It worked fine before. Made the big mistake of updating it. So I thought of just un installing and re installing. But now I can't even do that. I might have a earlier back up file on my office computer. That probably wouldn't put an earlier app version back on... would it? Or once it's on the android runtime, it's there to stay... if you phone google play, I guess they can't delete it for ya?

Posted via CB10
    Well if you refer to the link above and revert back to the earlier. 2813 Android runtime bar files THEN turn OFF your automatic updates and check for an older version of your d-link app you can download and reinstall it. Or have you tried patching the new d-link app by following the instructions on Cobalt's page? I would try that if the app is vital to you. Good luck!

What we got here is failure to communicate....
    02-08-16 01:45 PM