In previous version 10.2.1.1925 I used to have problems getting some android functionality to work, but installing Google Play Service and Play Store apps would trick them into working.
    Now on latest version I keep getting this error, with every single function, open the map, error, then map works, scroll and tap search, error, then search works, so it gets very annoying.
    Is there supposed to be a different version of Play Services and Store I should be running to avoid this?

For example Yelp map does not work without Play Services, when I install it, it works and I can use the map, but I cannot do anything without having to tap on OK in error message 10 times.

02-27-14 12:42 AM
    You can't use the normal GP Services, you need to have the patched version.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-an...orking-862184/

First post, OP posted it.
    heading4tomorrow likes this.
    02-27-14 01:48 AM
    You can't use the normal GP Services, you need to have the patched version.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-an...orking-862184/

First post, OP posted it.

Thanks! Hopefully things are still the same since new APK support.
    02-27-14 10:28 AM
    I'm having the same problem but I have installed the latest patched google services by cobalt, and from reading around in the forum it seems I'm not the only one.

This seems to happen to me when I launch android apps that I installed trough Snap before installing the patched google services . This apps are obviously not patched but they were running fine without needing to be patched.

What do you guys would suggest me to do?
    Should I reset the phone to factory and reinstall the apps from Snap only after having installed the patched google services?
    Should I patch all the android apps I'm running on the phone in order to use the patched google services?
    I'm trying to find a solution as well ...
    04-02-15 11:03 AM
    According to Cobalt or Sally Mack, Google Play Services, Plus & Games cannot be patched anymore for BlackBerry 10 smartphones.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-15 01:18 PM
    So what is everyone using now?

Sent from Z30 on Tapatalk
    04-02-15 09:15 PM
    According to Cobalt or Sally Mack, Google Play Services, Plus & Games cannot be patched anymore for BlackBerry 10 smartphones.

Posted via CB10
    This is not accurate, so please stop spreading incorrect information.

For the record:

Google play services dependencies CAN be patched in MOST cases. Eliminating nag screens and getting embedded maps to work (like yelp) can easily be patched. You'll also need a patched version of Google play services apk itself, which can be found in cobalt's thread about this stuff.

Some things, however, don't work. These include:
    Anything using g+ login (different than regular Google login)
    Google play games (uses g+)
    YouTube (there is a custom patched version floating around, but it doesn't support login)
    Maps works but should generally not be patched , and login functionality won't work if patched play services is installed
    Certain apps require cobalt's gsf v3 apk to enable background syncing.

For more info, check out cobalt's threads. You can definitely still get rid of the nag screens and get the maps to work if you follow the directions in cobalt's thread.
    04-03-15 03:42 AM
    I'm having the same problem but I have installed the latest patched google services by cobalt, and from reading around in the forum it seems I'm not the only one.

This seems to happen to me when I launch android apps that I installed trough Snap before installing the patched google services . This apps are obviously not patched but they were running fine without needing to be patched.

What do you guys would suggest me to do?
    Should I reset the phone to factory and reinstall the apps from Snap only after having installed the patched google services?
    Should I patch all the android apps I'm running on the phone in order to use the patched google services?
    I'm trying to find a solution as well ...
    Patch the apps giving you problems. Just because you don't get presented with a nag screen doesn't mean it doesn't rely on Google play services.
    04-03-15 03:46 AM
    Hello

Anyone knows or can provide cobalt's latest version of patched google play services apk? I've searched through the forum but it seems the only version I can find is 5.0.89. Is this the latest?

Posted via CB10
    04-10-15 07:57 AM