Anyone notice that the "links" above (dropbox and app.box) will not work? Trying to install the Uber app, because the app states "it's time for an update".
    01-21-18 02:27 PM
    Anyone notice that the "links" above (dropbox and app.box) will not work? Trying to install the Uber app, because the app states "it's time for an update".
    I'm trying on my Classic, no luck on my end either.

Posted via CB10 on my AT&T Classic
    03-28-18 09:39 PM
    Z10 OS 3.3216 SW 3.2137. Late Uber apks fail at the first hurdle "Unable to install this application" but 3.40.2 seemed to proceed to completion. On startup however I just get the U logo in the middle of the screen and there it stays.
    Any ideas on most recent viable version? Don't mind Google Play Services glitch, I've used Cobalt's magical PS_Patcher in several contexts and it works perfectly.
    Thank you.

Posted via CB10
    05-05-18 03:58 AM
    Z10 OS 3.3216 SW 3.2137. Late Uber apks fail at the first hurdle "Unable to install this application" but 3.40.2 seemed to proceed to completion. On startup however I just get the U logo in the middle of the screen and there it stays.
    Any ideas on most recent viable version? Don't mind Google Play Services glitch, I've used Cobalt's magical PS_Patcher in several contexts and it works perfectly.
    Thank you.

Posted via CB10
    I know this is not the response you need...but I finally gave in on my Passport SE...needed an UBER and it failed miserably...so got a BlackBerry Android my case KEYONE. What a relief just installing from direct from Playstore. No issues just install and all working great.

Good luck
    05-05-18 04:05 AM
    I know this is not the response you need...but I finally gave in on my Passport SE...needed an UBER and it failed miserably...so got a BlackBerry Android my case KEYONE. What a relief just installing from direct from Playstore. No issues just install and all working great.

Good luck
    At this stage, NOBODY should be offended with this as one possible solution.
    Rico4you likes this.
    05-05-18 12:22 PM
    At this stage, NOBODY should be offended with this as one possible solution.
    LOL! Right? I mean, owning a device that has a fully supported ecosystem? What a novel idea!
    05-05-18 01:39 PM
    Thanks. I tried very very many all available from uptodown. Early ones either failed at sign in or announced they were out of date. LATE ones failed with "Unable to install". Intermediate ones often (not always) require play Services patch. Easy and convenient (thank you Cobalt) but oh Goodness, exhausting and ultimately unsuccessful.
    I gave up. Normally I have persevered and found some kind of working apk for everything I want under BB10, but I just ran out of energy.
    Just use weblink as I do for two other significant failures being CNN and Traffic Scotland. (Does anybody have a working apk under BB10 for either of these?)
    Got a DTEK50 and you are right, everything works Just Like That but dear God the Android interface is so dismal, tedious, grotesque. It does not have the connect-to-PC capability of BB10. After less than a week returned to my trusty Z10. Love it, for all its known and increasing shortcomings.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-18 04:48 AM
    Thanks. I tried very very many all available from uptodown. Early ones either failed at sign in or announced they were out of date. LATE ones failed with "Unable to install". Intermediate ones often (not always) require play Services patch. Easy and convenient (thank you Cobalt) but oh Goodness, exhausting and ultimately unsuccessful.
    I gave up. Normally I have persevered and found some kind of working apk for everything I want under BB10, but I just ran out of energy.
    Just use weblink as I do for two other significant failures being CNN and Traffic Scotland. (Does anybody have a working apk under BB10 for either of these?)
    Got a DTEK50 and you are right, everything works Just Like That but dear God the Android interface is so dismal, tedious, grotesque. It does not have the connect-to-PC capability of BB10. After less than a week returned to my trusty Z10. Love it, for all its known and increasing shortcomings.

Posted via CB10
    Working Uber on My Passport-10.3.3.2031

Steps:
    1. Install the latest GOOGLE PLAY SERVICES as discussed before
    2. Install last working PATCHED UBER (version 3.145.2 patched). login into uber using your credentials. After that it will show ITS TIME FOR UPDATE.
    3. Now close uber (do not uninstall)
    4. Download and WHITELIST UBER 4.208.10005.
    5. Now patch it using PS_Patcher and install.
    6. This installation will update 3.145.2 into 4.208.10005 This version of uber will work for now.

Note: If you didn't uninstall last working uber which shows ITS TIME FOR UPDATE, then you can just install patched uber 4.208.10005.
    SergioSzm likes this.
    08-28-18 11:07 AM
    New version.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jxk3d80m2g...tched.apk?dl=0

You still need the unpatched apk whitelisted, and be running Play Services v11.
    Is there a new APK file for Uber? The file is not available on this Dropbox link.
    02-18-22 09:20 AM
    Is there a new APK file for Uber? The file is not available on this Dropbox link.
    It's over 4 years old, so it wouldn't work anyway.

Nothing new works either.
    02-18-22 09:38 AM
    It's over 4 years old, so it wouldn't work anyway.

Nothing new works either.
    Yeah a lot of confusion here as you'll find old threads where things once worked... but many Developers have since dropped support for Android 4.3 . Actually shocked how many do still allow those old APIs... last I looked that was like .3% of the Android userbase.
    SergioSzm likes this.
    02-18-22 10:16 AM
    Yeah a lot of confusion here as you'll find old threads where things once worked... but many Developers have since dropped support for Android 4.3 . Actually shocked how many do still allow those old APIs... last I looked that was like .3% of the Android userbase.
    It's to support those millions of BB10 users that are waiting for BB11 from Catapult to release.
    brookie229 likes this.
    02-18-22 10:19 AM
    it's to support those millions of bb10 users that are waiting for bb11 from catapult to release.
    pent-up demand!
    02-18-22 10:25 AM
    It's to support those millions of BB10 users that are waiting for BB11 from Catapult to release.
    LOL I'm waiting for OM to get the license from Catapult so they can get going on the 5G OLED Priv2 thing.
    02-18-22 10:44 AM
    LOL I'm waiting for OM to get the license from Catapult so they can get going on the 5G OLED Priv2 thing.
    LMAO - that’s next right after the Passport 2 SE running BB11 / Android 12 dual boot hyper visor with full Lithuanian support…….
    02-18-22 12:35 PM
40 12