I download Typist on my Note 3 in order to see how fast I could type on the device. My best was 41 words per minute. Using Snap, I downloaded the app on both my Q and Z10 to see how much better I could type using the BlackBerry keyboards. Wouldn't you know it, my results were much better on the Q10 (48 wpm) while my results on the z10 (59 wpm) were significantly better.
    The funny thing about the app is that it somehow blocked the ability for the virtual keyboard to predict the next word after a certain point, and taking advantage of it meant the text would stop scrolling properly. You could still briefly see the predictive text above the letters but they would disappear as soon as they popped up after the first punctuation. This doesn't somehow feel like a flaw in the app but on purpose, as if it knew that I was using the bb10 keyboard and didn't want me cheating. The apps only permission was device identifying information. Kinda odd. It's a fun app that works wonderfully if you don't try and cheat it. The leaderboards require GPS to work but other than that, it's probably the smoothest android app I've ever used on any of my BB10 devices. I wonder if there's an apk file for the people who don't use Snap?

Posted via CB10
    05-02-14 07:18 PM
    Thanks for the review! Should help others in deciding to use.
    05-05-14 11:19 AM