04-01-20 11:03 AM
2,524 ... 4142434445 ...
tools
    Hey guys. If you are worried about Android app compatibility in Blackberry 10. Worry no longer.
    This method allows you to run any Android 2.3.3 app in Blackberry 10.1. Even if the app using NATIVE CODE.
    Update: Now works with Android 4.2.2 apps using 10.2 Beta OS.

Requirements
    1. Java JRE
    2. Debug Token
    Note: To get a debug token:
    • Simply request tokens here. Keep note of the 'PIN' you chose.
    • Edit config.txt from my package below. PINPASS is the pin you chose on the webpage, above. KEYPASS is a password of your choosing. DEVICEPIN to the pin of your phone (in lower-case).
    • Drag the two .csj files that were emailed to you on to a-registertokens.
    • Run b-createdebugtoken.
    • You should have a debugtoken.bar if everything went successfully. Sideload it to your device and continue.

Windows Steps
    1. Download this package: here. [Updated 15th June #6]
    2. Put your debugtoken.bar in the same directory as the script.
    3. Now just drag any Android app .apk on to y-android2bb.bat. A .bar should be generated.

Mac/Linux
    1. Download y-maclinux.
    2. Put your debugtoken.bar in same directory.
    3. Now, in a terminal, run:
      Code:
      ./y-maclinux.sh MyAndroidApp.apk

Now you can install this .bar on your device and it should just work. You can use the included z-installer.bat or other means.

Issues
    • If the createdebugtokens cannot find your author.p12, it is looking in %APPDATA%\..\Local\Research In Motion for a file called 'author.p12'
    • If you get '881 no debug token found' that means you didn't install your debugtoken.bar on your phone.

If you would like to thank me for my time and effort, you can donate to me here:
    https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_AU/...onateCC_LG.gif

This has been working for months now. Sorry for not getting it out to you guys earlier!
    Thank you for taking the time out to test this and put it together for us! It does not go unappreciated! Thank you! It works perfectly!
    06-15-13 06:42 PM
    I have a dying android that I can leech any apk... works well with this tool's o's Sacha.

I can start separate thread if required.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    06-15-13 06:44 PM
    Thanks for the instructions, I managed to get Viber [2.3.6.338] working!
    i got v 3.0.1 to work but ive been getting probs with my contacts it doesnt seem to find them unless i edit or unlink them
    06-15-13 07:00 PM
    Tutorial: Run ANY Android 2.3.3 app on Blackberry10-img_00000001_edit.jpg

Hey I'm having a bit of a problem, I have entered all of my details correctly in the configuration file, I have gone over it a million times my pin is in lower case I have my passpin as the one I used to get my. Csj files and I have set up a passkey. I can register my files fine and create the debugtoken.bar when I try to side load it I get an error as seen in attached pic, any ideas??

Thanks in advance.

Posted via CB10
    06-15-13 07:01 PM
    anyone had any luck using this method on the playbook? I've tried but apps that I get working on my z10 just crash on startup on pb.
    06-15-13 07:02 PM
    anyone had any luck using this method on the playbook? I've tried but apps that I get working on my z10 just crash on startup on pb.
    Unless you've got bb10 on it, they're not menna work
    06-15-13 07:03 PM
    Here is an update for Mac OS:

Requirements:
    - Java
    - Android SDK
    - Download these files: Zippyshare.com - android_to_BB_MacOs.zip

1) Launch the Android SDK and download the 3 packages in the Tools section !
    2) Set all the variables in scripts
    3) Launch a terminal and go to the directory where they are located
    4) Launch the script !
    5) Profit !

Thanks leafsfan13 and Tisha Christian for helping me
    leafsfan13 likes this.
    06-15-13 07:14 PM
    okay so no clue what i am doing wrong ive done everything by the book over and over and have tried 3 seperate sets of keys from rim to the same effect.

to start.
    have newest package
    have keys 3 separate sets
    have info in config done correctly (i get the pass pin pass key yata yata that makes just fine sense to me.
    but yet i still have issue.
    i try to register the keys and get this error
    Tutorial: Run ANY Android 2.3.3 app on Blackberry10-eroer-.jpg
    and also get second error when using create token
    Tutorial: Run ANY Android 2.3.3 app on Blackberry10-error-b.jpg
    i dont get it all i did was download the csj files from my email how can they already be registered.
    06-15-13 07:36 PM
    Some paid apps will check Google Play Store to see if you actually purchased it (on that device). Of course you don't have Google Play Store, so it won't work. Could crash or have blank screen.

You're trying the free version right?
    I was actually trying the paid version (I bought it for my Nexus One). The game itself is great fun.

I could convert the apk just fine so after sideloading I copied the obb file from my nexus one onto the Z10. Normally (at least on the Nexus One) it would show a splash screen and then would check for the obb data file. I havent checked yet if there are logs generated (logcat or bb10 native log).
    06-15-13 08:20 PM
    @xsacha Would it be possible to send me the link to the xbmc apk you used, or post what version you have. I'm getting a network connection error with mine. Everything else seems to function normally but I can't get it to connect to my network...maybe my apk is a different version.
    thanks

Edit: just remembered , mine is from the xbmc site directly as I'm not sure it's even available through the android market....
    redmachodevil likes this.
    06-15-13 08:29 PM
    guys ive made a little video to try to help those who are confused, hope it helps even though the process in the original post has changed a little bit.

06-15-13 08:52 PM
    Is there any way to buy APKs of paid apps from Google Play when you only have a BB?

I'm registered with Google Play using some fake Android device, a Samsung GT-I9100, via some program I had on my Mac (I forget how I did it), but of course nothing will install.
    06-15-13 08:58 PM
    guys ive made a little video to try to help those who are confused, hope it helps even though the process in the original post has changed a little bit.

Video is private and cannot be viewed.
    okay so no clue what i am doing wrong ive done everything by the book over and over and have tried 3 seperate sets of keys from rim to the same effect.

to start.
    have newest package
    have keys 3 separate sets
    have info in config done correctly (i get the pass pin pass key yata yata that makes just fine sense to me.
    but yet i still have issue.
    i try to register the keys and get this error
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	eroer-a.JPG 
Views:	521 
Size:	19.9 KB 
ID:	172622
    and also get second error when using create token
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	error-b.JPG 
Views:	522 
Size:	26.4 KB 
ID:	172621
    i dont get it all i did was download the csj files from my email how can they already be registered.
    the problem you are having is this; author.p12 file is missing from the following directory on your PC "C:\Documents and Settings\Greg\Local settings\Application Data\Research In Motion\". navigate to that directory and delete the two barsigner files there. now go back to the xsacha files, open config.txt and fill all the necessary infos. the PASSPIN must be the PIN you provided on blackberry's signing key webpage, PASSKEY can be anything you won't forget, fill in your DEVICE PIN and save. now drag the csj files over a-registertokens, your keys should now register properly. to confirm this, navigate to the above directory again, there should now be author.p12 and the two barsigner files there. now run b-createdebugtokens, debugtoken will be created without any problem. you should be good from here on.

EDIT: to see the above directory on your pc, you need to enable hidden files and folders in control panel.
    Last edited by dustmalik; 06-15-13 at 09:09 PM.
    ooklah and priceless819 like this.
    Usually pretty good at following the walk through on here, but this ones got me..LOL
    I get the csj files but nothing works after that.
    06-15-13 09:21 PM
    Usually pretty good at following the walk through on here, but this ones got me..LOL
    I get the csj files but nothing works after that.
    xsacha has really simplified this process. I don't think it can get any simpler than this. But then again anything is possible with xsacha. That guy is a genius. Be more specific about the issue you are having, definitely someone must have encounter such. So the solution already exists.

Posted via CB10 using my Gorgeous Z10
    06-15-13 09:34 PM
    I don't have any signing files in that directory. I do have a qnx2.p12 in a different folder on my c drive for tablet sdk 1.1.1 will killing that fix issues?

Posted via CB10
    06-15-13 09:36 PM
    Hey xsacha,

Any chance that genius brain of yours can't create a method on how to install a 10.1 restore on 10.2? Seems like there isn't anything you can't do!

Posted via CB10
    06-15-13 09:46 PM
    XSacha: Thanks to your hard work, it's clear that porting Android apps is not difficult...

I'm not a programmer. Yet by downloading your batch files and following your instructions, I now have working apps on my Z10 that I didn't imagine would be possible so quickly.

Question : As a programmer, do you think it would be hard and expensive for the major Android developers to officially port their apps to BB10? On the boycott Netflix thread, many people suggested it would be time consuming and expensive.

Should we be emailing various app vendors and pointing them to this thread and how easy it is to develop?

Great work, thanks for doing this. I predict a bright future for you, given your obvious talent.

Posted via CB10
    06-15-13 09:51 PM
    okay got token .....

now this on convert
    Attached Thumbnails Tutorial: Run ANY Android 2.3.3 app on Blackberry10-error-y.jpg  
    06-15-13 09:59 PM
    Video is private and cannot be viewed.
    fixed!
    06-15-13 10:00 PM
    Y U NO SIGN BAR FILE?

How to sign your BAR file from the command-line - BlackBerry Support Community Forums

If you sign the bar file after you have converted it, you do not need the debug token on the phone. You would need to change "Application-Development-Mode" to false (in META-INF\MANIFEST.MF) before signing so that it will work with out the debug token and you can share the file (since it is no longer dependent on *your* debug token)
    06-15-13 10:07 PM
    Have down loaded the android pack, received the 2 csj files and down loaded to the android pack folder, filled out the config text, drag the files on to the a-registration file and black box pops up, saying I need to drop both csj file on to this script, press any key to continue... thats as far as I get. down loaded the pack numerous times.

I know these guys are great on here, appreciate everything the do for us.
    06-15-13 10:08 PM
    I get the same error every time when running b-createdebugtoken.bat. My passpin in the config file is what I registered.

Error: Failed to decrypt keystore, invalid store password or store password not
    supplied.

There was an error generating the debug token:
    ECHO is off.

Tried 3 different keys and deleted the barsigner files from here each time .

C:\Users\Matt\AppData\Local\Research In Motion

Not sure what else to do.
    I've been having issues between creating debug token and converting apk to bar with the methods in this thread. I found an application called blackberry tablet os graphical aid. Does anyone know anything about this program and will the .bar and converted apk files being created work on my z10?
2,524 ... 4142434445 ...