I've been trying to load "Key Ring" app... got the token, etc. Converted to a .bar file. But when I go to load the file I get an error - what is a "-9" error?

It otherwise looks like it loaded. The icon is there. When I click it asks me to accept permissions. When I do, it starts the "initializing" screen. Then closes. I've tried several version of the apk. None seem to work.

Any advice?

Thanks.
    08-30-13 07:27 AM
    The app most likely requires an unsupported api (google services framework or Google maps api) which BB10 doesn't support. Therefore won't work.

Posted via CB10 using my Gorgeous Z10
    08-30-13 08:23 AM
    thanks..... ive just been trying to convert and install more aaps but keep getting a error that says.... exception in thread "main" java.lang... any ideas thanks as it was working fine last night
    08-30-13 10:23 AM
    Hi There,

I can't seem to generate my debug token. I even created a new BB ID and started over with new signing keys to make certain I had the correct PASSPIN. I have successfully registered which now causes errors but more importantly I cannot generate my debug token. Any suggestions?

This is getting very frustrating. I do not have 10.2 installed. I am using STL100-3 SW 10.1.0.4181.

I was told In the tutorial that I could use an alphanumeric PASSPIN but it seems to cause errors. Should I try a third time with a new BB ID, email log-in and numeric only PASSPIN etc? Everytime I try to drop my PBDT and RDK .csj's onto the Register .bat file, it now says I've already registered (I did get the confirmation email) but the process coughs a nut at generating a debug token.
    09-01-13 07:42 PM
    Hi BBZ10wannabe,

When requesting the tokens, I selected the option that doesnt require to login with a Blackberry ID. I think it's the 2nd option.

But before requesting for new tokens, you have to delete your existing tokens:

Go into C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME**\AppData\Local\Research in Motion and delete the 3 following files: barsigner.db, barsigner.csk, author.p12
    09-03-13 06:36 PM
    I'm using the old pack-15 June 6. Now, I can't convert APK files. See screenshot below:
    Tutorial: Run ANY Android 2.3.3 app on Blackberry10-convert-error.png

EDIT:

Just now, I found what is missing. Lol
    09-03-13 10:02 PM
    Hello everyone. This my first time on the forums. Anyway iwas just wondering if this process works any differently then let's say converting using apktobar.org or goodereader. It says convert ANY apk but I am skeptical. Every apk I upload or convert dozent seem to work and I must force close them, Even ones already converted with good reviews and said to be working. Is it my just my device?? I am using bbos10.1.264 on a stl100-1. Does this matter? I am thinking to switch to os10.2.0.1445 but would like to know if there is any other solution because I heard os2.0 is still beta and not too compatible with 100-1. And would like more to know if if there is any other solution or would xsachas way really work. I believe the device itself is the problem. I just want to run vice city or ppsspp -.- Any help or advice would be appreciated. Please keep answers as simple as possible because I still am not too familiar with all this technical terminology.
    Last edited by ABugiani; 09-04-13 at 07:42 AM.
    09-04-13 06:34 AM
    Hi BBZ10wannabe,

When requesting the tokens, I selected the option that doesnt require to login with a Blackberry ID. I think it's the 2nd option.

Go into C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME**\AppData\Local\Research in Motion and delete the 3 following files: barsigner.db, barsigner.csk, author.p12
    I'm having the same problem. I selected playbook and got my csj files put them in registertoken and it says:
    Error already resitered with pbdt.
    There was an error registering tokens
    I looked under c: users/my name/ but AppData dosent exist. This is driving me crazy
    09-04-13 09:57 AM
    I'm having the same problem. I selected playbook and got my csj files put them in registertoken and it says:
    Error already resitered with pbdt.
    There was an error registering tokens
    I looked under c: users/my name/ but AppData dosent exist. This is driving me crazy
    Go to your PC Control Panel and enable 'Show hidden files and folders' option.

ABugiani likes this.
    09-04-13 11:13 AM

thanks for the reply but before each time I try to generate the debug token, I delete those files. I've saved them a few times into backup folders in case I need them again but the only ones that seemed to pass the registration process (which took forever to get the correct PASSPIN with the first ID and only one try with new BB ID) Each attempt always creates all three files but never a debug token and yes I always ensure that both .txt files are updated with the correct PASSPIN.
    09-04-13 01:01 PM
    Go to your PC Control Panel and enable 'Show hidden files and folders' option.

Thanks for the reply. It seemed to work. It said csk file created! But still when I drag the file I want to convert over to convertandroidapp it still gives me the same message
    There was an error installing: ...
    My usb is attached and my ip is written the same as the one under development mode (which is also on) and under dev mode it still says no debug token installed... what am I doing wrong...
    And even if I manage to install it I still doubt it will run... read my previous message for more details to see what I mean.
    09-04-13 04:09 PM
    I might be wrong but I think the debug token wasn't installed on the phone.

I'll look for a solution for you but I remember when I did this, my laptop and BlackBerry were on the same wifi network and I didn't use the usb method...

Posted via white Q10 SQN100-3 10.1
    ABugiani likes this.
    09-04-13 04:42 PM
    I might be wrong but I think the debug token wasn't installed on the phone.

I'll look for a solution for you but I remember when I did this, my laptop and BlackBerry were on the same wifi network and I didn't use the usb method...

Posted via white Q10 SQN100-3 10.1
    Thanks. any help is greatly appreciated at the moment just throwing this out there. Is it possible that there's a problem with my Android app player. I had converted to bar file via apktobar.org and uploaded it via ddpb. But wouldn't run. ( obb file in place too) I'd hate to go through all this and still not be able to play. Viber won't work either.
    09-04-13 04:53 PM
    i cant get two signing keys:
    client-PBDT-XXXXXX.csj
    client-RDK-XXXXXX.csj

May you send me? ([email protected])
    09-04-13 08:33 PM
    I'm no expert but I don't believe they can just be sent. They must register with a pin number. Do what chinky-eyes suggested and select the playbook option when trying to get tokens. Worked for me. And don't forget your pin! That way they won't ask for ur bb.I'd. After 2 hours check your email. Csj files are in two different emails. Subtract separately. Hope that helps if not read all of chinky-eyes and dustmaliks posts right above for further details.
    Last edited by ABugiani; 09-05-13 at 05:30 AM.
    09-05-13 04:58 AM
    Do you have to install these apps using the "side loading" method, or can you download them directly from your phone?

Posted via CB10
    09-06-13 09:07 AM
    This is so ridiculous and sad that BlackBerry users have to go through such desperate measures just to get decent apps. I regret buying the Z10.

Posted via CB10
    09-06-13 09:09 AM
    Does anyone know how to get rid of the back button when running a sideloaded app? Pretty annoying. I want my full screen

Attachment 196516

Attachment 196517

Posted via my awesome Z10
    The bar is permanent and won't be removed in future leaks or official update, it only can be removed by redesign the apps

Posted via CB10
    09-06-13 11:14 AM
    There is kind of a process you gotta go through first, Took me a while to figure it out too, but once you do, it's pretty easy. The first thing I'd recommend is to install a new operating system, ddpb, and unlocked android runtime. Then you can run pretty much any app. If you need more help, private message me I'm new here too, I know waiting for replies is pretty frustrating.
    09-06-13 01:22 PM
    hello , i want to ask how to get that two .csj files? i didnt find any in my email and i only got bbid.csk
    09-07-13 06:58 AM
    hello , i want to ask how to get that two .csj files? i didnt find any in my email and i only got bbid.csk
    Select the PlayBook option instead of BlackBerry 10.

09-07-13 09:50 AM
    Why is it that now I finally installed the debug token succesfully (says it even in development mode) It says not applicable to this device.... -.-
    09-07-13 10:20 AM
    Just tried to register for new csj's under another name and email so I could try this out with my playbook, old ones won't go! gives me a message saying already registered on this server... -.- are u kidding me! Tried uploading the debugtoken.bar with ddpb and it says debug token installed not valid.... ....... ... All I want is vice city on one of the devices. >X'( holy f***!! Been at this for almost 5 days now!!! Someone help me please!!
    09-07-13 12:32 PM
    Just tried to register for new csj's under another name and email so I could try this out with my playbook, old ones won't go! gives me a message saying already registered on this server... -.- are u kidding me! Tried uploading the debugtoken.bar with ddpb and it says debug token installed not valid.... ....... ... All I want is vice city on one of the devices. >X'( holy f***!! Been at this for almost 5 days now!!! Someone help me please!!
    Why you must register the new csj while you can use the old one to create debugtoken. I mean you can create debugtoken for any PIN using registered rdk key
    For Example : I already have rdk key registered to create debugtoken for my device, but if my friend want debugtoken, I just create another debugtoken using their PIN

EDIT: It says not valid because the PlayBook PIN that you entered was wrong PIN.

EDIT2: What is your PB PIN? Maybe I can try make the debugtoken for you

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by owencool; 09-09-13 at 04:04 AM.
    09-09-13 03:48 AM
    HELP excuse the grammar
    Got to the stage of putting the to csj files into the registrytoken, it gave me an error message that a device was not selected.
    I changed the deviceip from my wifi to my development mode one and it then told me i already used my tokens.
    My config was different to the video it was set out like this
    set PASSPIN=unknown
    :: This is what you registered with on the website. Example: 0123456

set PASSKEY=Unknown
    :: This is a password you make up and remember. Example: rocket11

set DEVICEIP=unknown
    :: This is the IP address of your phone. Default is USB. Change if you want WiFi. Example: 10.1.1.5

set DEVICEPASS=unknown
    :: This is the developer mode password of your phone. Example: blackberry

:: Remember to add your PIN(s) to pinlist.txt
    :: Just put the lower-case pin (eg. 54001040) in the file and save. If you have multiple pins, put them on a new line.
    09-09-13 08:49 AM
2,524 ... 8788899091 ...