again just in case ive made a video with step by step instructions:

annon91221, jrdba and ip.amps like this.
    06-16-13 12:43 AM
    First post here...Thanks for all the great work you guys are doing.

I have a really strange problem. I went through all the steps and it seems like everything worked.
    But when I try to sideload the debugtoken, nothing happens. DDPB says that it works but when I look at the Development Mode on my phone, it still says Debug Token not installed. Any possible solution that somebody can think of?
    I even tried to get all new tokens but that didn't seem to solve anything.
    06-16-13 12:46 AM
    First post here...Thanks for all the great work you guys are doing.

I have a really strange problem. I went through all the steps and it seems like everything worked.
    But when I try to sideload the debugtoken, nothing happens. DDPB says that it works but when I look at the Development Mode on my phone, it still says Debug Token not installed. Any possible solution that somebody can think of?
    I even tried to get all new tokens but that didn't seem to solve anything.
    Did you put the right device pin when generating your token...
    Go and see if you have the right device pin in config.txt file..
    Posted via CB10
    06-16-13 12:53 AM
    Did you put the right device pin when generating your token...

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, remember the device pin must be *lower-case*
    06-16-13 12:55 AM
    I think I almost have this down. but now I am getting error from a-registertokens " there was an error registering your tokens : users\name\client-pbdt.xxxxxx.csj" but i receive the author and 2 barsigner files. Then when i use b-createdebugtoken I get the error "ECHO is off". Any ideas??
    06-16-13 01:01 AM
    Xsacha you are a Genius thank you!

Fruit Ninja!

Tutorial: Run ANY Android 2.3.3 app on Blackberry10-img_00000648.png
    Tutorial: Run ANY Android 2.3.3 app on Blackberry10-img_00000647.png

Posted via CB10
    PowderJockey likes this.
    06-16-13 01:04 AM
    Updated scripts for Mac and Linux so that Android SDK is no longer required.
    06-16-13 01:16 AM
    Hi Xsacha. Thank you in advance for all of your help so far.

Here's where I am (using a MAC)

1. Already upload the debugtoken.bar onto my phone
    2. downloaded your new script folder

What do I do now? I am a little bit confused as to how to convert an Android APK file into a BAR file using a MAC. Any insight?
    06-16-13 01:45 AM
    Wow! Worked through a few issues with Java but it worked perfectly. Just tried with the latest Instagram and Candy Crush and it runs flawlessly.

Thanks Xshasha! It's late... i'll send you a little surprise through PayPal tomorrow

Posted via CB10
    06-16-13 02:09 AM
    I don't have time to follow this thread, as i maintain tons right now. I want to augment my current APK TO BAR conversion script with the new way to convert a .p12 file and allow people to use the good e-reader apk to bar service to convert apps using this new way. Of course, the old script will work fine, i was thinking of cloning my settings with the new SDK being offered and the .p12.

Is this even possible? how are people coverting apk to bar files right now using this new method, is it solely .p12 driven, and having the right files in the right places, or is it more involved then that? PM me if you know the answers, of course, helping me benefits the entire community of having an online apk to bar converter for the new way.
    06-16-13 02:15 AM
    Hi Xsacha. Thank you in advance for all of your help so far.

Here's where I am (using a MAC)

1. Already upload the debugtoken.bar onto my phone
    2. downloaded your new script folder

What do I do now? I am a little bit confused as to how to convert an Android APK file into a BAR file using a MAC. Any insight?
    So open up a Terminal in that directory and run:
    ./y-android2bb.sh nameofyourandroidapp.apk

It'll create a .bar file. Sideload it to your device.

Is this even possible? how are people coverting apk to bar files right now using this new method, is it solely .p12 driven, and having the right files in the right places, or is it more involved then that? PM me if you know the answers, of course, helping me benefits the entire community of having an online apk to bar converter for the new way.
    Unfortunately, it's quite difficult. OSBBx have already attempted to do what you are suggesting, AFAIK.
    The problem is that each debug token can only be generated 100 times (you have to wait until they all expire to generate more).
    So you'd need to spam-register keys from Blackberry in order to provide BARs to more PINs.

Believe me, if there were an easier way I wouldn't suggest people make their own debugtokens :P
    06-16-13 02:20 AM
    How do I open up the Terminal "in" that directory? What directory is it? Right now, I have the debugtoken file in ANDROID_PACK_MAC_16 folder or should it be in the SDK/Lib folder? Also, the APK file is in the desktop. Can you be more specific? Thanks so much!!
    06-16-13 02:28 AM
    How do I open up the Terminal "in" that directory? What directory is it? Right now, I have the debugtoken file in ANDROID_PACK_MAC_16 folder or should it be in the SDK/Lib folder? Also, the APK file is in the desktop. Can you be more specific? Thanks so much!!
    debugtoken.bar should be in the folder with the y-android2bb.sh script.
    That's also where you should open a Terminal
    Doesn't matter where the Android apk is.
    06-16-13 02:39 AM
    I always get this when running it on the mac with both xsacha's and n0tnull's scripts
    Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: net/rim/tools/apk2bar/Apk2Bar
    Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: net.rim.tools.apk2bar.Apk2Bar
    at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java: 202)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.j ava:190)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:3 06)
    at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launche r.java:301)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:2 47)

So I've resorted to using it on a virtual machine
    But could anybody else shed light on what's actually going on ?
    06-16-13 02:44 AM
    So I did that and the command seemed to have gone through. Now, I can't find the newly created Bar File!
    06-16-13 02:45 AM
    This is what I got within the Terminal.

ERROR] Invalid argument: image_66.apk
    apk2bar is a tool to verify & convert apk files to bar files.
    Usage :
    06-16-13 02:48 AM
    This is what I got within the Terminal.

ERROR] Invalid argument: image_66.apk
    apk2bar is a tool to verify & convert apk files to bar files.
    Usage :
    Where is the .apk file? Same directory?
    06-16-13 02:51 AM
    Nope, on the desktop. Does it matter where I put it?
    06-16-13 02:52 AM
    Nope, on the desktop. Does it matter where I put it?
    It shouldn't but it might.
    Try putting it in same directory as the script.
    It seems the script couldn't find the apk file.

Edit: Windows right?
    06-16-13 02:52 AM
    I figured it out! I put it in the same folder as the Bar file. YES!!!

And I have one last question... how do I renew the debugtoken? I used the BB Native SDK to get the debugtoken. You're awesome!!
    06-16-13 02:55 AM
    Does bluetooth work now or is it still limited?
    06-16-13 02:57 AM
    So open up a Terminal in that directory and run:
    ./y-android2bb.sh nameofyourandroidapp.apk

It'll create a .bar file. Sideload it to your device.

Unfortunately, it's quite difficult. OSBBx have already attempted to do what you are suggesting, AFAIK.
    The problem is that each debug token can only be generated 100 times (you have to wait until they all expire to generate more).
    So you'd need to spam-register keys from Blackberry in order to provide BARs to more PINs.

Believe me, if there were an easier way I wouldn't suggest people make their own debugtokens :P
    crap, i was really hoping to change my online apk to bar script to allow people to convert their own apps using this method, i guess if your advanced enough to know how to do this all, you dont need my easy tools! On a good note, i do have 14,000 android apps to download and you all can convert locally.
    06-16-13 03:12 AM
    I figured it out! I put it in the same folder as the Bar file. YES!!!

And I have one last question... how do I renew the debugtoken? I used the BB Native SDK to get the debugtoken. You're awesome!!
    You can renew it in BB Native SDK too. There is a 'renew' button.

Does bluetooth work now or is it still limited?
    Somewhat limited. Apparently the 4.2.2 one in OS 10.2 beta works a lot better.
    06-16-13 03:27 AM
    I always get this error trying it on my MAC:

Fehler: Hauptklasse net.rim.tools.apk2bar.Apk2Bar konnte nicht gefunden oder geladen werden

In english: apk2bar couldn't be found or loaded

what does that mean? I have already installed Java…

Thanks in advance
    06-16-13 03:59 AM
    Updated scripts for Mac and Linux so that Android SDK is no longer required.
    Have successfully got it working ! Thanks heaps. Just one question, how do i renew the debug token for Mac. Because i don't think it's in your latest package updated in your original post?

Posted via CB10
    06-16-13 04:01 AM
2,524 ... 4344454647 ...