I finally manage to successfully get passed a-registertokens & b-createdebugtoken to create my debugtoken.bar.

I appreciate all the people giving step by step instructions but some steps aren't so clear.

This is what i have noticed.

The text inside the a-registertokens .bat that says "Choose a passpin" is misleading along with some instruction suggesting the same thing, I was creating a new pinpass which is why it didn't work for me.

What you are suppose to do is use the registration 'pin' that you created when you filled in the form for the token/key here... https://www.blackberry.com/SignedKeys/codesigning.html

*However this is partly my fault as i didn't fully read that section and i assumed it was my Device Pin but i'm sure i'm not the only one

Hope this is helpful for those having problems getting the a-registertokens to work.
    06-14-13 02:42 PM
    Great job! Going to try this out soon!

Posted via CB10
    06-14-13 02:48 PM
    Sideload it like you would for any other .bar file.
    I sideloaded and ddpb says done, but my phone under Dev mode still says no token installed.

I'm so close guys!

I converted an. Apk, but just need to get the token on my phone!!!

Posted via CB10
    06-14-13 02:53 PM
    Guys for the apk files just download from the net the apk file for blackmart alpha, convert it to bar and side load it to ur device. It works, and allows u to download any android apk to ur device which can then be converted to bar. It seems I am in wonderland with all the Android apps suddenly available.

Posted via CB10
    chickentender likes this.
    06-14-13 02:54 PM
    Just curious (not wanting to wade through 30 pages of posts) if this method works only for BB10 devices or if it will work with the PlayBook as well? If not, then is there a differentiation of the Android 2.3.3 runtime in BB10 vs PBOS? Don't have a Z10 to fool around with, but would be more than glad to test this on my PB.
    06-14-13 02:56 PM
    I finally manage to successfully get passed a-registertokens & b-createdebugtoken to create my debugtoken.bar.

I appreciate all the people giving step by step instructions but some steps aren't so clear.

This is what i have noticed.

The text inside the a-registertokens .bat that says "Choose a passpin" is misleading along with some instruction suggesting the same thing, I was creating a new pinpass which is why it didn't work for me.

What you are suppose to do is use the registration 'pin' that you created when you filled in the form for the token/key here... https://www.blackberry.com/SignedKeys/codesigning.html

*However this is partly my fault as i didn't fully read that section and i assumed it was my Device Pin but i'm sure i'm not the only one

Hope this is helpful for those having problems getting the a-registertokens to work.
    This was PRECISELY my problem for about an hour until I methodically went back and went over each and every step slowly.

HUGE HUGE thanks to all on this thread taking the time to offer all the fantastic help here. CB love is alive and well.
    06-14-13 02:57 PM
    Has anyone been able to successfully convert and load/test Runkeeper or Nike running app? It would be nice to have list of the converted/loaded/tested apps along with versions so that others can convert the known good ones.
    06-14-13 03:01 PM
    I completely lost in first step, this guide is for Windows and have no idea and don't understand some steps.
    1. https://developer.blackberry.com/android/signingkeys/
    2. Configure your computer to sign apps and create debug tokens - Runtime for Android apps - BlackBerry Developer
    3. Create a debug token - Runtime for Android apps - BlackBerry Developer

Please notice that command prompt in MAC is a terminal app
    06-14-13 03:03 PM
    Alright, I can't get this to work on osX, even with the newly updated shell script.

Can someone quickly confirm that this is how a directory should be formatted on a Mac?

set ANDROID_HOME=/Users/folder/android-sdks

No matter what I do, I cannot get it to find the SDK.

I made sure that the required .exe file is in the platform-tools folder and everything, so that shouldn't be an issue.
    06-14-13 03:06 PM
    Thanks a lot.
    Just keeping the community updated.
    Got apps like temple run2 working, also extreme road trip 2. very happy. thanks a tonne man.
    subway surfer, viber, talking tom, fruit ninja,bubble mania. are working perfectly without any glitches whatsoever
    Last edited by Ashish Sanghvi; 06-14-13 at 04:16 PM. Reason: added more list of working apps.
    06-14-13 03:09 PM
    Alright, I can't get this to work on osX, even with the newly updated shell script.

Can someone quickly confirm that this is how a directory should be formatted on a Mac?

set ANDROID_HOME=/Users/folder/android-sdks

No matter what I do, I cannot get it to find the SDK.

I made sure that the required .exe file is in the platform-tools folder and everything, so that shouldn't be an issue.
    just use
    export ANDROID_HOME=/Users/folder/android-sdks
    before executing the shell file
    06-14-13 03:10 PM
    I just noticed that once my apk converted there is a BAR file and a WRN file. Should that be the case? Both files get installed on the device?
    Do we load both files?

Tested Deer Hunter 3D, went up to full load screen, and then crashed.
    Last edited by black.rhino; 06-14-13 at 03:28 PM.
    06-14-13 03:11 PM
    Do we load both files?
    No, we load only the bar file

Posted via CB10
    06-14-13 03:13 PM
    I have problem with step 2. Yes, I using terminal for commands, used many times before but the link in step 2 and whole tutorial very complicated. I will try one more time. Thanks anyway.

P.S. If I PM your my device pin could you convert Viber for me? Just only viber. Please.
    06-14-13 03:16 PM
    Anyone have any suggestions?

I converted my apk into bars, but even though I sideload my token and ddpb says done, my phone doesn't seem to have the token installed.
    06-14-13 03:21 PM
    ok first things first guys ,

i have decieded to adress this issue as i figured it out after engaging myself here like24 hours till now.

1) download the android sdk and the android package mentioned by the devs in the first page. its easy just download the sdk and as it comes in zip format extract the folder in desktop.(dont let it be scattered but inside a folder). inside the sdk folder theres is the sdk manager.exe file run it. the sdk manager will load up. select the first option sdk tools and the second 4.2.2 option. then click on the additional packages you will have to install. the button is on the bottom right area. wait until evething is downloaded and installed takes time. after all done go inside the sdk folder and notice these directories named build-tools and platform-tools, go inside the build-tools folder and inside there is the 17.0.0 folder, go inside that too , now select all and copy. go back to where the platform tools folder was and paste the whole copied items inside that platform-tool folder. (merge or replace if any asked)

also you have downloaded the android package in the zip format. extract that inside the sdk folder so it is there along with the platform-tools folder and build-tools folder.

2. requesting token from the developer website i hope you all did that and received those two .csj files in you mail. download them and also put them where you extracted the android package. it should look likeAttachment 172030

3. edit the a-registertokens.bat by right click and edit. notice the caps word CHOOSEPIN and CHOOSEKEY. replace the first with the key u created in the webpage. replace the second with a new imaginary password but dont forget it. after that save and close that.

edit the b-createdebugtoken.bat file by right click and edit.notice two caps letter UNKNOWN and UNKNOWN. replace the first UNKNOW with the second passkey we created earlier in a-registertokens.bat (the imaginary password) replace the second UNKNOWN with your blackberry pin (settings>about>you will see in hardware section)

4. now select and drag the two csj files at once onto a-registertokens.bat it will tell you that the registration is sucessfull (if it doesnt then have to workaround will tell at the end)

5. double click the b-createdebugtoken.bat to run it. a debugtoken.bar file will generate (if not then you need to be sure the password matches)

6. if you were sucess full in creating the debugtoken.bar file then edit the y-android2bb.bat file by right clicking and edit. notice the set ANDROID_HOME=
    delete the value after that and replace with the path were you have the android sdk. for me it was C:\Users\user\Desktop\Android\android-sdk\ yours can be different.

or just run the sdkmanage.exe and you can see the path in top left corner. after setting the path save and close.

6.just drag and drop the .apk files of your choice and it should generate the corresponding bar file in the same directory.

7.now we have created the debugtoken.bar and converted apk to bar file. so lets push it to the device.
    turn the development mode on in your bb10 device (its in setting>permission area) dont change the ip shown there. instead notice the wifi ip your phone is hooked up to.

now edit z-installer.bat by right click edit. notice the SET DEVICEIP and SET DEVICEPASS. change ip to your wireless ip and put password if any. save and close. the device and the pc should be in same wifi area.

now first drop the debugtoken.bar file in the z-installer.bat. it will install and show up in the development mode area.

second drop the app you converted to bar and it will also be installed in your bb10 device.

now those were the steps , here is the troubleshooting tips.
    # before using a-registertokens.bat navigate to c:\Users\<username>\appdata\local\research in motion\ and see if the author.p12 barsigner.csk and barsigner.db is there. if its there then you have had failed atttempts before. cut them and place them somewhere else. leave that area empty.

then run the a-registertokens.bat it will be sucessfull.

# if you are not getting the debugtoken.bar file make sure the passkey was the second one.

if you cannot still make it feel free to pm me

THIS. WORKS.

Thanks partner!
    parthokarki likes this.
    06-14-13 03:26 PM
    I have problem with step 2. Yes, I using terminal for commands, used many times before but the link in step 2 and whole tutorial very complicated. I will try one more time. Thanks anyway.

P.S. If I PM your my device pin could you convert Viber for me? Just only viber. Please.
    I guess I could receive a debugtoken.bar for you
    06-14-13 03:35 PM
    Oh wow THANK YOU!
    06-14-13 03:36 PM
    Thanks....a million...it worked like a charm....awesome stuff...
    06-14-13 03:40 PM
    THIS. WORKS.

Thanks partner!
    Amazing!

Thanks to everyone that helped. I got temple run to work.

No to figure out how to renew the token lol =p

Posted via CB10
    06-14-13 03:44 PM
    I guess I could receive a debugtoken.bar for you
    If you can do it, thats great! Thanks a lot. Let me know please.
    06-14-13 03:46 PM
    Has anyone been able to successfully convert and load/test Runkeeper or Nike running app? It would be nice to have list of the converted/loaded/tested apps along with versions so that others can convert the known good ones.
    i tried nike running +, not working!
    06-14-13 03:49 PM
    If you can do it, thats great! Thanks a lot. Let me know please.
    I need your PIN
    06-14-13 03:49 PM
    I am getting 881 error even though I have the debug installed, what do I do?
    Are you using. Mac or pc?

Posted via CB10
    06-14-13 03:50 PM
    I need your PIN
    Thats my pin: 2ACC4F86

Thanks
    06-14-13 03:52 PM
2,524 ... 3233343536 ...