Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks Lawguy man for trying to make this easier. I have some clarifications and would be great if you can help:

Steps I followed:
    1) Request keys. Should receive 2 of them. - [RF] Done two keys received in email with .csj extension
    2) Install Android SDK, then install 4.2.2 package. [RF] Done installed android SDK on my desktop from the link and copied everything from sdk\build-tools\android-4.2.2 to sdk\platform-tools first. I opened the SDK app and installed Andoird 2.3.3, 3.0 and 3.1
    3) Copy a file called 17.. to platform-tools [RF] From where do I get the filed called 17.. to platform tools?
    4) Download and extract the Android pack [RF] Done Android pack downloaded and extracted on desktop under the same folder where SDK was downloaded and extracted.
    5) edit the a and b bat files using notepad to fill in required information [RF] What do you mean exactly by this? when I open the files with notedbad I see a bunch of scripts and it says drag the csj files to this script. So I just select both csj files and drop them in the notepad window and save? The issue here is that the files just open in a notepad and when i try to fill in the information like pass and pin then save nothing happens
    6) A debug bar is created, install it. [RF] Nothing was created after I changed the information and saved
    7) edit the last y file and paste android SDK path [RF] Where do I find the Android SDK path, for example I had donwloaded the SDK inside a folder on my desktop and extracted everything there
    8) Create bar files by dragging APK files to the batch file last edited
    9) install and have fun
    PowderJockey likes this.
    06-13-13 07:26 PM
    Looks like instagram has the same keyboard bug as before. Can anyone confirm this?

Posted via CB10
    06-13-13 07:29 PM
    Well, I'm just a regular consumer just like you so don't quote me on what I said. lmao

Like this post says. ALMOST any app can be converted and successfully launched on a BB10 device. We'll have to wait and see.
    Guess I'll wait and see how they perform first.

If I can get android apps on bb, I'll switch in a heart beat.
    06-13-13 07:32 PM
    Can anyone post a youtube video of the process...would be AMAZING!
    06-13-13 07:38 PM
    Thanks Lawguy man for trying to make this easier. I have some clarifications and would be great if you can help:

Steps I followed:
    1) Request keys. Should receive 2 of them. - [RF] Done two keys received in email with .csj extension
    2) Install Android SDK, then install 4.2.2 package. [RF] Done installed android SDK on my desktop from the link and copied everything from sdk\build-tools\android-4.2.2 to sdk\platform-tools first. I opened the SDK app and installed Andoird 2.3.3, 3.0 and 3.1
    3) Copy a file called 17.. to platform-tools [RF] From where do I get the filed called 17.. to platform tools?
    4) Download and extract the Android pack [RF] Done Android pack downloaded and extracted on desktop under the same folder where SDK was downloaded and extracted.
    5) edit the a and b bat files using notepad to fill in required information [RF] What do you mean exactly by this? when I open the files with notedbad I see a bunch of scripts and it says drag the csj files to this script. So I just select both csj files and drop them in the notepad window and save? The issue here is that the files just open in a notepad and when i try to fill in the information like pass and pin then save nothing happens
    6) A debug bar is created, install it. [RF] Nothing was created after I changed the information and saved
    7) edit the last y file and paste android SDK path [RF] Where do I find the Android SDK path, for example I had donwloaded the SDK inside a folder on my desktop and extracted everything there
    8) Create bar files by dragging APK files to the batch file last edited
    9) install and have fun
    3) It's in the build tools folder which is itself in the same folder as the platform tools folder

5) you fill in your pass keys on the line above examples. Save the file. Then drag the two CSJ files onto each a and b bat file in turn

7) when I used the install manager for the SDK the path was noted in the top left there

Posted via CB10
    truth51187 likes this.
    06-13-13 07:41 PM
    okay, so I have the debug token. Now I don't know what to do. I have the android sdk thing and downloaded but in the y-android2bb.bat file, it says I need a file aapt.exe and I can't find it. Also, what should that file look like at the end? can someone provide a screenshot??
    Make sure you copied everything inside \adt-bundle-windows-x86_64-20130522\sdk\build-tools\android-4.2.2 in to \adt-bundle-windows-x86_64-20130522\sdk\platform-tools
    pttptppt likes this.
    06-13-13 07:42 PM
    final problem:
    when i drag apk onto script, it works but the .bar file does not show up anywhere. Please help
    06-13-13 07:44 PM
    Looks like instagram has the same keyboard bug as before. Can anyone confirm this?

Posted via CB10
    Yes, I confirm.
    06-13-13 07:48 PM
    Thanks Simonfa, now we are getting somehwere I have some more questions please.

3) It's in the build tools folder which is itself in the same folder as the platform tools folder [RF] When I click on build-tools folder next comes up android-4.2.2 then when I click on android-4.2.2 I have more folders like lib and renderscript then a of files but no file starting with 7

5) you fill in your pass keys on the line above examples. Save the file. Then drag the two CSJ files onto each a and b bat file in turn [RF] The file asks for a pass key and pass pin, but when I requested my tokens they asked for a registration pin so I use the same one to assign to both pass key and pass pin or here I can choose whatever key combination I want?

7) when I used the install manager for the SDK the path was noted in the top left there [RF] Thanks when I opened SDK manager I saw the path

Posted via CB10
    06-13-13 07:51 PM
    final problem:
    when i drag apk onto script, it works but the .bar file does not show up anywhere. Please help
    Is the APK in the same folder as the script?
    06-13-13 07:53 PM
    Managed to convert but when I install it's saying the token is missing. What am I doing wrong?

Posted via CB10
    06-13-13 08:03 PM
    Hello, everyone...

I've gotten past A, now trying to run B.
    However, I keep getting: "Failed to decrypt keystore, invalid store password or store password not supplied."
    I'm using the same password I used for the 2nd input on A.
    What could be my problem? I have confirmed that I have the three files from a successful A run.
    Please help!
    06-13-13 08:09 PM
    Blaize or anyone know if rogersonenumber app work? I an away from my computer for a week or so...

Posted via CB10
    06-13-13 08:11 PM
    Is the APK in the same folder as the script?
    I have successfully generated the debug token and it is in the same folder as the script.
    I also updated the y-android2bb file with the SDK path. But didn't know what to put in the debugtoken name?! Any Idea?

What I did is dragged the .apk file in the y-android2bb and generated a bar file but when I tried to sideload it to my Z10, I got the warning result::failure 881 no debug token found
    06-13-13 08:14 PM
    When I go to drag the apk to the android2bb bat , it says "Java.exe is not in your path.. continue?" when I continue, no .bar file is created. Any ideas?
    06-13-13 08:15 PM
    I have no idea why the hell are things not working. The android sdk got installed as described. Then i also sucessfully dropped and registered those csj files and received email confirmation,.

Then the real problem started. Whatever input i edit in this b-createdebugtoken batch file nothing seems to work. I never got the bar file created. And the devs here are maybe learning themselves.

Please be more expressive and understand how we noobs feel. I have stayed whole night and its 4:21 in the morning and still this **** didnt work up. I have posted the error pics also many a times in this thread.

We dont have to face this kind of problem with the xda developers forum. Either crackberry should be strict enough to not let irresponsible devs post info halfhazardly or the devs should be conscious that what they explained reached the audience.

Blackberry os in itself is new here. So is the way of working with it. I thought it would work one or the other way. But giving up here !!

Hope someone comes up with a solution to this because the thread has gone way too long.

Or else this will just add more cold feelings in my head towards crackberry community.
    06-13-13 08:25 PM
    I have no idea why the hell are things not working. The android sdk got installed as described. Then i also sucessfully dropped and registered those csj files and received email confirmation,.

Then the real problem started. Whatever input i edit in this b-createdebugtoken batch file nothing seems to work. I never got the bar file created. And the devs here are maybe learning themselves.

Please be more expressive and understand how we noobs feel. I have stayed whole night and its 4:21 in the morning and still this **** didnt work up. I have posted the error pics also many a times in this thread.

We dont have to face this kind of problem with the xda developers forum. Either crackberry should be strict enough to not let irresponsible devs post info halfhazardly or the devs should be conscious that what they explained reached the audience.

Blackberry os in itself is new here. So is the way of working with it. I thought it would work one or the other way. But giving up here !!

Hope someone comes up with a solution to this because the thread has gone way too long.

Or else this will just add more cold feelings in my head towards crackberry community.
    brah u gotta go back and read what people have posted.

I may also add that your .p12 file must be named as "author.p12" in the correct folder.
    For me it was, C:\Users\Diego\AppData\Local\Research In Motion

To create this p12 file, search around the forums.

This will resolve your issue.
    06-13-13 08:34 PM
    I am really curious, how is this possible, why is this way of creating the bar files able to make the apps work? I read on the thread that is an special permission, what is the point of not having this permission on regular bar files if it makes the apps run? Can't get it...

Posted via CB10
    06-13-13 08:35 PM
    Thank you to everyone who helped and for those with trouble, I wish you all the best. I finally got it working!

Posted via CB10
    06-13-13 08:39 PM
    Amazing! Finally I can use MyFitness Pal! Converted the app and it's running smooth. RBC app not working though.

Posted via CB10
    shaunj539 likes this.
    06-13-13 08:41 PM
    the OP said this has been working for months - I wonder if this finally solves the n4bb spotify mystery....!
    06-13-13 08:43 PM
    I'm currently creating Linux version of these scripts. Hopefully they will also work on MacOS.
    I will post them tomorrow
    Million likes
    06-13-13 08:43 PM
    When I go to drag the apk to the android2bb bat , it says "Java.exe is not in your path.. continue?" when I continue, no .bar file is created. Any ideas?
    ANyone have any idea on this one?
    06-13-13 08:48 PM
    Ok so I've made Linux version of XSacha batch files.

Script are using the bin and lib folder from the GNU/Linux Android Runtime. (So if it doesn't work on Mac, you only have to switch these files)
    If you already have registered yourself (step a), you can paste the 3 files (author.p12, barsigner.csk and barsigner.db) into ~/.rim/

Files are here

Feedly doesn't work
    Eventbrite might work but you have to install Google Maps before (dependency problem)

Have fun !
    Download link doesn't works. I have to try it on mac but little confused, does require same steps as Windows guide?
    06-13-13 08:49 PM
    Download and install jdk, that might fix the problem..

Posted via CB10
    06-13-13 08:50 PM
2,524 ... 1920212223 ...