all i want is spotify my windows is so slow from being so old and never used since i got my mac and this is so complicated for me ive sideloaded android apps before and also have leaked os version but this is just to hard ugh
    06-13-13 06:01 PM
    PM me you pin

Posted via my awesome community driven Q10
    You're the MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks!
    06-13-13 06:02 PM
    After much cursing and swearing, I got it to work on Windows.. I'll be waiting for n0tnull's Mac scripts to see if they work. lol
    my csj files did register but stuck with the b- batch file any help ?
    06-13-13 06:05 PM
    I'm using this path C:\Users\*user*\AppData\Local\Android\android-sdk

Thanks
    btw, is that the same file path that you see in Android Sdk Manager' for me it is exactly the same.

well, that crashing is related to the Adroid sdk: hopefully something works out for ya...
    06-13-13 06:17 PM
    Not sure if anyone's asked this yet, but when I drag the files onto the batches, it says "the system cannot find the path specified. You need to choose a pass pin first". I've already filled in the info but it still gives me this. Can someone post a screen shot of what should be in the batch files?

Posted via CB10
    06-13-13 06:20 PM
    Not sure if anyone's asked this yet, but when I drag the files onto the batches, it says "the system cannot find the path specified. You need to choose a pass pin first". I've already filled in the info but it still gives me this. Can someone post a screen shot of what should be in the batch files?

Posted via CB10
    I had this, but the error I'd made was I'd overwritten the example pass pin with mine instead of on the line above
    06-13-13 06:23 PM
    So, we can convert any Android app?

I'm currently using a Nexus 4, and this may cause me to come back and buy the Q10.

Can someone confirm? Is there really going to be no difference in apps now?
    06-13-13 06:25 PM
    So, we can convert any Android app?

I'm currently using a Nexus 4, and this may cause me to come back and buy the Q10.

Can someone confirm? Is there really going to be no difference in apps now?
    Only apps that are available on 2.2.3. when 10.2 comes out for bb, then maybe any app.
    flsh12 likes this.
    06-13-13 06:27 PM
    how do i download the android pack
    06-13-13 06:29 PM
    Is it ok to use the example passpins and passkeys? Either way I can't get past this step

Posted via CB10
    06-13-13 06:30 PM
    I just wanted to say THANKS! to xsacha and everyone else who's given help on this thread. I've no real idea how I've done it, but thanks to this thread I do have a working Spotify on my Z10. It was the only app I was missing, so thanks again.

Mistakes I made:
    Didn't edit the a and b bat files
    Didn't have JAVA SDK installed.
    On the b bat file I managed to replace the examples instead of the line above with passkeys/pins
    Installed the wrong Android SDK, then didn't install all the correct bits
    Final mistake was pointing the y-android bat file to the, slightly wrong path.

Got there eventually though, and I am not a developer or programmer of any kind. So my advise to anyone struggling would be to persevere, because you can get there.
    E-FlowElLobo and annon91221 like this.
    06-13-13 06:32 PM
    Can you please upload a video of the Temple Run 2 app on the z10?
    06-13-13 06:41 PM
    Can you please upload a video of the Temple Run 2 app on the z10?
    Why don't you just follow the steps like everyone else and load it into your phone?

Posted via CB10
    06-13-13 06:43 PM
    Hey xsascha can I pm u my pin for a token.bar I'm having some trouble getting my token registered

Posted via CB10
    06-13-13 06:45 PM
    Please i need step by step instructions :'(
    06-13-13 06:48 PM
    Only apps that are available on 2.2.3. when 10.2 comes out for bb, then maybe any app.
    Is it a maybe, or for sure? It seems that 10.2 will be able to run 4.2 android apps, correct?

Would there be any difference between the Q10 and an Android phone at that point?
    06-13-13 06:48 PM
    guys use this to create your debug tokens and install them to your device,its pretty simple as long as you have the keys etc..it does alot more than just that also
    http://supportforums.blackberry.com/...0Installer.zip
    SirJes thanks for this helpful tools but the thing you guys are missing is that not everyone is Android knowledgeable here
    When I first run the app. We need some more explanation to be able to work through this.

1-For example do we need SDK installed first before opening up this app?
    2-Once we install SDK and copy everything from sdk\build-tools\android-4.2.2 to sdk\platform-tools first. What next?! (I have the whole SDK folder on my desktop
    3-When the app asks me to choose the BlackBerry Webworks SDK Location what should I do?
    what comes after?

Sorry if this sounds as a pain in the ***, but this thread has been going for hours and I didn't find one user yet who just simply created proper steps that any user could follow.

It's frustrating
    06-13-13 06:54 PM
    Is it a maybe, or for sure? It seems that 10.2 will be able to run 4.2 android apps, correct?

Would there be any difference between the Q10 and an Android phone at that point?

Well, I'm just a regular consumer just like you so don't quote me on what I said. lmao

Like this post says. ALMOST any app can be converted and successfully launched on a BB10 device. We'll have to wait and see.
    06-13-13 06:59 PM
    Sure, just change the batch script to a shell script.
    Not sure if there's a Mac version of the command-line tools though (the bin and lib folder). You might need to download the Mac Native SDK.
    Linux similar?

ZED-10 For the person on the move!
    06-13-13 07:00 PM
    I am pleased.

06-13-13 07:00 PM
    SirJes thanks for this helpful tools but the thing you guys are missing is that not everyone is Android knowledgeable here
    When I first run the app. We need some more explanation to be able to work through this.

1-For example do we need SDK installed first before opening up this app?
    2-Once we install SDK and copy everything from sdk\build-tools\android-4.2.2 to sdk\platform-tools first. What next?! (I have the whole SDK folder on my desktop
    3-When the app asks me to choose the BlackBerry Webworks SDK Location what should I do?
    what comes after?

Sorry if this sounds as a pain in the ***, but this thread has been going for hours and I didn't find one user yet who just simply created proper steps that any user could follow.

It's frustrating
    The first post is pretty straight forward. the new android tools the OP provided has good instructions.
    06-13-13 07:01 PM
    okay, so I have the debug token. Now I don't know what to do. I have the android sdk thing and downloaded but in the y-android2bb.bat file, it says I need a file aapt.exe and I can't find it. Also, what should that file look like at the end? can someone provide a screenshot??
    06-13-13 07:13 PM
    Sadly, RBC app doesn't work :/
    06-13-13 07:21 PM
    i get an 881 error in every app i install...convert is ok but installing does not work
    06-13-13 07:22 PM
    Ok so I've made Linux version of XSacha batch files.

Script are using the bin and lib folder from the GNU/Linux Android Runtime. (So if it doesn't work on Mac, you only have to switch these files)
    If you already have registered yourself (step a), you can paste the 3 files (author.p12, barsigner.csk and barsigner.db) into ~/.rim/

Files are here

Feedly doesn't work
    Eventbrite might work but you have to install Google Maps before (dependency problem)

Have fun !
    Last edited by n0tnull; 06-14-13 at 03:24 AM.
    dimm0k and PowderJockey like this.
    06-13-13 07:25 PM
2,524 ... 1819202122 ...