Hey guys. If you are worried about Android app compatibility in Blackberry 10. Worry no longer.
    This method allows you to run any Android 2.3.3 app in Blackberry 10.1. Even if the app using NATIVE CODE.
    Update: Now works with Android 4.2.2 apps using 10.2 Beta OS.

Requirements
    1. Android SDK (Download)
    Note: If you have a new Android SDK (4.2.2) copy everything from sdk\build-tools\android-4.2.2 to sdk\platform-tools first.
    2. Debug Token
    Note: To get a debug token, simply request tokens here. Then use the included scripts: a-registertokens and b-createdebugtoken. They contain instructions.

Steps to Convert Android Apps
    1. Download this package: here.
    2. Put your debugtoken.bar in the same directory as the script.
    3. Edit y-android2bb.bat and fill in where you have installed the Android SDK.
    4. Now just drag any Android app .apk on to y-android2bb.bat. A .bar should be generated.

Now you can install this .bar on your device and it should just work. You can use the included z-installer.bat or other means.

This has been working for months now. Sorry for not getting it out to you guys earlier!

any way to use it on MAC ???
    06-13-13 03:48 PM
    can someone please tell me if the feedly google reader works using this method? I don't have a BB10 device to try this on... only a lame PlayBook with no BB10.
    06-13-13 04:04 PM
    man I'm so close, got everything, my tokens, registered them, got my debugtoken.bar file and everything.

Just can't generate a damn .bar file from the .apk!
    I deleted the Android SDK and installed from scratch. Keep the BAR file in the same folder as the tools.

Posted via CB10
    VR6 likes this.
    06-13-13 04:13 PM
    Is it possible to Run apps, wich have payed download content on Android? In my case, i own a payed navigation App (TomTom) on Android. A really huge program with a few gigs data. Anyone tried something like this?

Posted via CB10
    06-13-13 04:16 PM
    Really just cant get it working Im getting this error:
    4da221bc7fcddf8663536ae902eddced.png

Fixed wasnt putting lowecase PIN.

For people who cant get it working its working for me I got my debug codes within 15 minutes
    06-13-13 04:24 PM
    I'm using VMware fusion to run it
    06-13-13 04:27 PM
    What's the issue? Can't get a debug token? PM me your pin and I'll make you one when I get home from work

Posted via my awesome community driven Q10
    Can I get one too? I'm struggling here! lmao
    06-13-13 04:27 PM
    I've got the author.p12 barsigner.csk and barsigner.db files from years ago when I first got my PlayBook

How do I get the debug token ?
    06-13-13 04:29 PM
    Can I get one too? I'm struggling here! lmao
    PM me you pin

Posted via my awesome community driven Q10
    06-13-13 04:38 PM
    Thanks SO much it works! Playing Temple Run 2 now

Steps I followed:
    1) Request keys. Should receive 2 of them.
    2) Install Android SDK, then install 4.2.2 package.
    3) Copy a file called 17.. to platform-tools
    4) Download and extract the Android pack
    5) edit the a and b bat files using notepad to fill in required information
    6) A debug bar is created, install it.
    7) edit the last y file and paste android SDK path
    8) Create bar files by dragging APK files to the batch file last edited
    9) install and have fun

Sorry typing on mobile, will post clearer instructions if needed.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    06-13-13 04:53 PM
    Everything worked for me except for the actual converting. Is there any way to NOT have win8 close a command line window after running a batch file? I can't see the error.

Posted via CB10
    06-13-13 05:00 PM
    Wow. This took some serious head scratching, but I got it to work.

Hints (things I was too stupid to figure out on my own):

1. The Android SDK needs to actually be installed by running the SDK Manager.exe (located in the android-sdk directory) after downloading and running the Android SDK installer that xsacha provided the link for. SDK Manager opens up a dialog box letting you choose which SDK to actually install. For BB 10.1 and lower, uncheck the Android 4.2.2 option and select the 2.3.3 option. Then install.

2. For the Android SDK to work, you will have to copy the entire contents of the build-tools/17.0.0 directory into the platform-tools directory. Allow it to copy over existing files. When you are done, aapt.exe should appear in the platform-tools directory.

3. Don't install any of the batch files in a directory tree that has spaces in the directory names. It causes issues with the various paths. For example, if you put these files in a directory that is a subdirectory of "My Documents" the batch files will fail on the space between "My" and "Documents." Instead use dashes, i.e. "My-Documents."

4. You will actually have to open and edit the batch files. That is right click on the file and select "Edit." This opens the batch file in Notebook. Follow the instructions in the batch file by editing the paths and pins etc. Then save the file back.

5. Where the instruction say "drag on to" is simply means to select the file or files requested and drag them over the pertinent batch file. This is the same as executing and "open with" command or running them in a command (cmd) window as explained below.

6. Use the cmd window to run the batch files for registering and creating the tokens as well as converting files. Go to the start button and enter cmd in the "Search Files and Programs" window. Then type or paste the command in. The steps will look something like this:
    a. change to the directory where the batch files are located: i.e cd users\yourname\android-pack
    b. run the batch file to execute the action: y-android2bb your-leagal-app.apk
    Using the command window allows for much more effective debugging as the window doesn't disappear before you can read it.

7. I had no luck getting the registration batch to work, so I just ran a command within the android-pack/bin directory. It looked something like this (again, use cmd and change the directory to the android-pack/bin directory):

blackberry-signer -register -csjpin <Pin Used at Registration> -storepass <Pin used to sign this token> <RDK full path> <PBDT full path>

Where
    <pin used at registration> is the pin you entered when you registered for the signing keys

<Pin used to sign this token> is a pin you just make up for this particular token. I used the same key I registered with just to keep me from getting confused.

<RDK full path> is the full path to your RDK .csj file

<PBDT full path> is the full path to your PBDT .csj file

Example:

blackberry-signer -register -csjpin 1234 -storepass abcd C:\users\ downloads\sideloading-tools\blackberry-dev-keys\client-RDK-123456.csj C:\users\downloads\sideloading-tools\blackberry-dev-keys\client-PBDT-123456.csj

8. Make sure your debugtoken.bar is in the android-pack directory

9. Make sure any apk you wish to convert is in the android-pack directory.

10. Sideload your debugtoken.bar onto your device just as you would any other signed bar.

11. Be prepared that you will have to re-register and reinstall the debug token every 30 days or the apps you loaded with them will quit.

That's all I can think of. Please don't message me asking questions or requesting bars. Keep placing your questions and remarks in here.

-Old Ag
    06-13-13 05:03 PM
    Okay, so I have registered and have received two .csj files. I now want to make a .bar debug file out of this but don't know how. I have read that I need the blackberry sdk. Is this true? How do I make the rest of the debug file? Please help
    06-13-13 05:06 PM
    I have not come across an app that isn't working so far! Thanks alot xSacha!

Currently installed and working:
    -Temple Run 2
    -InstaWeather
    -Real Racing 3
    -Into The Dead
    06-13-13 05:09 PM
    Okay, so I have registered and have received two .csj files. I now want to make a .bar debug file out of this but don't know how. I have read that I need the blackberry sdk. Is this true? How do I make the rest of the debug file? Please help
    Download the android pack. Open up the a and b bath files in notepad and edit your details
    06-13-13 05:10 PM
    Okey... got the crashing fixed when loading apk.
    It is most likely path related.. I changed the folder path to one lower level and it worked..

Non working path. C:\.....\android-sdk\platform-tools

Working path.. C:\.....\android-sdk

Hope it helps.

Posted via CB10
    06-13-13 05:14 PM
    I'm currently creating Linux version of these scripts. Hopefully they will also work on MacOS.
    I will post them tomorrow
    David Iverieli likes this.
    06-13-13 05:14 PM
    I followed every step and when I drag and drop the apk file on the bat file, nothing happens. I give up
    06-13-13 05:27 PM
    Gunna be a bit patient and wait for the 10.2 hybrid, in the meantime, it's awesome how in 1 day there's so much progress!

Can anyone get Candy Crush Saga going :P ?

NVM, Kris confirmed it http://forums.crackberry.com/android...ml#post8645364
    06-13-13 05:29 PM
    I followed every step and when I drag and drop the apk file on the bat file, nothing happens. I give up
    Can you tell me the path that you put for Android sdk...

Changing that fixed it for me

Posted via CB10
    06-13-13 05:37 PM
    I have not come across an app that isn't working so far! Thanks alot xSacha!

Currently installed and working:
    -Temple Run 2
    -InstaWeather
    -Real Racing 3
    -Into The Dead
    How well is real racing 3 running??

Posted via CB10
    06-13-13 05:38 PM
    Can you tell me the path that you put for Android sdk...

Changing that fixed it for me

Posted via CB10

I'm using this path C:\Users\*user*\AppData\Local\Android\android-sdk

Thanks
    06-13-13 05:40 PM
    i dragged the the csj files and they did register and i also received the email that they have been registered from blackberry. I DID NOT GET ANY OUTPUT FILE WHILE DROPPING CSJ IN a- batch file.
    but when i run the b- batch file i get thisTutorial: Run ANY Android 2.3.3 app on Blackberry10-sam2.png

whats wrong please let me know. for passkey i put the one when i used to register in the website and for pin i put my bbm pin. tried both upper and lower. please help

06-13-13 05:54 PM
    After much cursing and swearing, I got it to work on Windows.. I'll be waiting for n0tnull's Mac scripts to see if they work. lol
    11pts likes this.
    06-13-13 05:54 PM
    Wow. This took some serious head scratching, but I got it to work.

Hints (things I was too stupid to figure out on my own):

1. The Android SDK needs to actually be installed by running the SDK Manager.exe (located in the android-sdk directory) after downloading and running the Android SDK installer that xsacha provided the link for. SDK Manager opens up a dialog box letting you choose which SDK to actually install. For BB 10.1 and lower, uncheck the Android 4.2.2 option and select the 2.3.3 option. Then install.

2. For the Android SDK to work, you will have to copy the entire contents of the build-tools/17.0.0 directory into the platform-tools directory. Allow it to copy over existing files. When you are done, aapt.exe should appear in the platform-tools directory.

3. Don't install any of the batch files in a directory tree that has spaces in the directory names. It causes issues with the various paths. For example, if you put these files in a directory that is a subdirectory of "My Documents" the batch files will fail on the space between "My" and "Documents." Instead use dashes, i.e. "My-Documents."

4. You will actually have to open and edit the batch files. That is right click on the file and select "Edit." This opens the batch file in Notebook. Follow the instructions in the batch file by editing the paths and pins etc. Then save the file back.

5. Where the instruction say "drag on to" is simply means to select the file or files requested and drag them over the pertinent batch file. This is the same as executing and "open with" command or running them in a command (cmd) window as explained below.

6. Use the cmd window to run the batch files for registering and creating the tokens as well as converting files. Go to the start button and enter cmd in the "Search Files and Programs" window. Then type or paste the command in. The steps will look something like this:
    a. change to the directory where the batch files are located: i.e cd users\yourname\android-pack
    b. run the batch file to execute the action: y-android2bb your-leagal-app.apk
    Using the command window allows for much more effective debugging as the window doesn't disappear before you can read it.

7. I had no luck getting the registration batch to work, so I just ran a command within the android-pack/bin directory. It looked something like this (again, use cmd and change the directory to the android-pack/bin directory):

blackberry-signer -register -csjpin <Pin Used at Registration> -storepass <Pin used to sign this token> <RDK full path> <PBDT full path>

Where
    <pin used at registration> is the pin you entered when you registered for the signing keys

<Pin used to sign this token> is a pin you just make up for this particular token. I used the same key I registered with just to keep me from getting confused.

<RDK full path> is the full path to your RDK .csj file

<PBDT full path> is the full path to your PBDT .csj file

Example:

blackberry-signer -register -csjpin 1234 -storepass abcd C:\users\ downloads\sideloading-tools\blackberry-dev-keys\client-RDK-123456.csj C:\users\downloads\sideloading-tools\blackberry-dev-keys\client-PBDT-123456.csj

8. Make sure your debugtoken.bar is in the android-pack directory

9. Make sure any apk you wish to convert is in the android-pack directory.

10. Sideload your debugtoken.bar onto your device just as you would any other signed bar.

11. Be prepared that you will have to re-register and reinstall the debug token every 30 days or the apps you loaded with them will quit.

That's all I can think of. Please don't message me asking questions or requesting bars. Keep placing your questions and remarks in here.

-Old Ag
    I may also add that your .p12 file must be named as "author.p12" in the correct folder.
    For me it was, C:\Users\Diego\AppData\Local\Research In Motion

To create this p12 file, search around the forums.
    06-13-13 05:56 PM
2,524 ... 1718192021 ...