Hi There,

I have a Q10 with a 64 gig sd card. I am running 10.2.1.537.

I have tried tTorrent, uTorrent and something else (I forget now) and keep coming up with the same issue. I have spent the last few hours searching here and trying different things and basically I suspect the problem relates to SD card and directories. I have seen people with Torrent problems but not seen my issue addressed. (If it is out there please direct me to the solution!)

The Apps load seamlessly with Snap no problem (as have other Android apps I have tried like Shazam, 680News, and some others.) I have a torrent I want to download. The torrent programs have no problem starting the download but then choke with an error that says something to the extent: �file too large". (It isn't and there is plenty of room both on device and sd card.) I have read that Android apps have issues accessing the SD card and suspect that is the issue but I can't seem to change the directories to anything currently on the device. I suspect the programs are trying to download to a directory that doesn't exist and that gives the error. The programs give a choice of directories, but these appear to be "stock" directories (perhaps what all Android devices have?)

I have tried making directories that match the choices (eg "etc" and can make them on the sd card but can't seem to make them on the root directory of the device (using file manager.) I can make sub-directories no problem.

I suspect I am missing something obvious somewhere (I often do.)

Any help is appreciated!

..Tom
    02-21-14 04:08 PM
    Posted via CB10
    02-22-14 01:50 AM
    Download Adownloader on snap it's the best Android torrent app

Posted via CB10
    02-22-14 05:06 AM
    Download Adownloader on snap it's the best Android torrent app

Posted via CB10
    Adownloader worked perfectly!!

Thanks!

..Tom

Posted via CB10
    02-22-14 10:26 PM
    The best is Flud.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-14 05:53 AM
    What is snap?

Posted via CB10
    V-Tom likes this.
    02-23-14 07:48 PM
    The best is Flud.

Posted via CB10
    +1
    02-23-14 07:50 PM
    Flud and uTorrent are working perfectly and running smoothy. 100%.

Flud has the option of three diffrent color themes and it's more a native app.

uTorrent doesn't have the option of picking color themes and so therefore is the app not native.

Any torrent magnet links attachment, downloaded torrent files for primary setting only is Flud and I sadly don't have the option to choose which of these two installed torrent apps I'm currently picking for personal use.

To be honest, I like and rather pick Flud more than uTorrent.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-14 12:10 AM

uTorrent doesn't have the option of picking color themes and so therefore is the app not native.

Any torrent magnet links attachment, downloaded torrent files for primary setting only is Flud and I sadly don't have the option to choose which of these two installed torrent apps I'm currently picking for personal use.

Posted via CB10
    Not sure about utorrent, but flud doesn't serve ads either
    02-24-14 12:52 AM

Posted via CB10
    Today I learned an app is only native if you can change its colors.
    02-24-14 01:34 AM
    Not sure about utorrent, but flud doesn't serve ads either
    Exactly, right you are. Check it out if you want of course. Both of the torrent apps that I mentioned before don't show and doesn't have ads and they are free of charge.

Magnificent.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-14 06:08 AM
    I'm using Ttorrent

I can only access magnet files from websites to start the download process. The files are then store on the device memory. Which I then manually move to my SD card
    02-24-14 06:12 AM
    Today I learned an app is only native if you can change its colors.
    Well for the understanding, officially it's android ported, but I call this app only native look a like because of the GUI (Graphical User Interface) app of Flud. The whole menu settings on this app " Flud " is almost identical to BB10 OS software menu settings but it have highlights LED color blue. The fact that I have done my research and experience with the app Flud. I saw that it has an option to choose theme color backgrounds (Light and Dark) and you can change the locations to download torrents in the rooted directory within a BB10 device and external SD card. Absolutely fantastic, no ads and it's free of charge.

To me I like and did choose the dark theme background instead of the light theme background to set up because of the battery savings of the brightness LED within my BB10 device (Q10) which is connected through the app Flud. That is really a bonus for me as a user of Flud. It's quicker and easier to use for downloading torrent files on the internet.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Ginowine; 04-08-14 at 08:49 PM.
    02-24-14 06:31 AM
    Iirc I had the same directory issue with FLUD and couldn't get it to work as a result. Was there something I was missing that makes it work?

..Tom
    02-25-14 04:42 PM
    What is snap?

Posted via CB10
    SNAP is a Blackberry app that directly accesses the Googleplay store for Android applications. Once you have loaded SNAP, you can directly get and load apps from Googleplay. All you need is a google id.

It's a brilliant app in my opinion.

..Tom
    02-25-14 04:49 PM
    Iirc I had the same directory issue with FLUD and couldn't get it to work as a result. Was there something I was missing that makes it work?

..Tom
    I'm having android issues in general in regards to the SD card on 10.2.1

Use an android file explorer, like es file explorer or ghost commander and navigate to the directory you want to save in and check the file sizes. Within some directories all files show as 0kb, others work. Android apps give errors when trying to access the files that appear as 0kb.

I've been using the device storage in addition to finding folders on the SD card that android apps can access properly (folders that files sizes appear properly when viewed using an android file explorer) and I use them
    02-25-14 05:17 PM

Posted via CB10
    How did you get Utorrent to work ? Doesn't tell you the file is too big when trying to download something ?

Posted via CB10
    04-06-14 11:09 AM
    Okay, so Flud works GREAT!!! But i would also recommend downloading "pirate bay browser" as this is where you can lookup the magnet links. Once you download these two APK's i'm going to recommend you restart your device. Then once you install both apk's i recommend restarting your device once more. Now, open up pirate bay browser, type what you are looking for and hit enter, you should get a bunch of results. Find the one most closely related to what you want and click on it. It will then take you to a page that will show you all the files included in the selection, here's where you verify if this is infact what you wanted. If it is not, just hit the search symbol (magnifying glass) again and do another search. If it is, you should be able to see a button that says "get magnet link". This will then take you to a page that shows you the 1)name 2)hash 3)select storage path 4)about magnet links. The only thing you can change on this page is the storage path( where you want the files stored on your phone). Once you finish this, hit "add magnet link" which should be in the top right hand side of screen. Your actual Flud program should then kick in to do the actual downloading, but it will be in the same window. It will give you the name, how much is downloaded both in MB's & %'s, estimated time of completion of download down to the seconds, and how many KB/s are being downloaded.

So thanks everyone who contributed to this post. You guys really helped me, and i hope i helped you. Hit the thanks please and/or like. Until next time Crackberry
    04-08-14 07:15 PM
    How did you get Utorrent to work ? Doesn't tell you the file is too big when trying to download something ?

Posted via CB10
    uTorrent doesn't tell me that a torrent file is too big.

Before downloading a file with uTorrent, first you have to set up the location in the rooted directory to your external SD memory card (I have 64 GB capacity storage) and attached with a folder for placing torrent downloaded files.

Than you should be able and starting the process of downloading the torrent files.

That's how I did.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Ginowine; 04-10-14 at 03:27 PM.
    04-08-14 08:46 PM
    uTorrent doesn't tell me that a torrent file is too big.

Before downloading a file with uTorrent, first you have to set up the location in the rooted directory to your external SD memory card (I have 64 GB capacity storage) and attached with a map for placing torrent downloaded files.

Than you should be able and starting the process of downloading the torrent files.

That's how I did.

Posted via CB10
    Attached with a map?

Posted via CB10
    04-09-14 05:33 PM
    Getting errors with files too big. It's an 8MB booklet. Help?

Posted via CB10
    04-09-14 06:26 PM
    Attached with a map?

Posted via CB10
    Yes. First you have to create a folder (For downloaded torrent files) and place it on a external SD card.

After that, open the app uTorrent, go to menu settings and set up the location in the rooted directory and find the created folder on a external SD card. Attached the folder and your done.

When you start downloading torrent files via uTorrent app, your torrent files will be received in the created folder on the external SD card.

Also you don't get the message about that your torrent files are too big anymore afterwards.

That's how I did.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Ginowine; 04-10-14 at 03:24 PM.
    04-10-14 08:00 AM
    Yes. First you have to create a map (For downloaded torrent files) and place it on a external SD card.

After that, open the app uTorrent, go to menu settings and set up the location in the rooted directory and find the created map on a external SD card. Attached the map and your done.

When you start downloading torrent files via uTorrent app, your torrent files will be received in the created map on the external SD card.

Also you don't get the message about that your torrent files are too big anymore afterwards.

That's how I did.

Posted via CB10
    Right, but can you explain what you mean by create a map?

Posted via CB10
    04-10-14 12:41 PM
    Right, but can you explain what you mean by create a map?

Posted via CB10
    Oh sorry... I meant create a folder. The word " MAP " is for dutch language translation of " FOLDER ". I was confused a bit..

I'll edit my previous posts.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-14 03:23 PM
    [QUOTE=Ginowine;10222715]uTorrent doesn't tell me that a torrent file is too big.

Before downloading a file with uTorrent, first you have to set up the location in the rooted directory to your external SD memory card (I have 64 GB capacity storage) and attached with a folder for placing torrent downloaded files.

That's how I did.
    04-10-14 03:26 PM
26 12