Recently I retired my rooted Note2 for the Passport. I've been able to replace my favorite Android apps with BB equivalents or the actual Android app, except for one. That one is Pulse, the pre-Linkedin version. I've searched for the apk, requested it on several forums, all to no success. Then I came up with the solution, get the apk from my Note2. Here are the steps I took.
    First you will need your Android phone to be rooted. It might work with non-rooted phones but I doubt it.
    Install Titanium Backup (at least that is what I use).
    Use TBU to backup the app(s) you want to install on your BlackBerry. This will create a "***.apk.gz" file.

Open a file manger app (I use Solid Explorer), navigate to the .apk.gz file you just created. In SE long press the file and pick "Extract" from the pop-up menu. Among a few of the extracted files will be the APK file.

Copy that over to your BB. Install. You could run it through Lucky Patcher first if you want to before installing.

This is useful if you have versions of apps that you have that you prefer over the updated version, apps that didn't require Play Services but now do (as long as you didn't update it of course). It's also good for apps that you have that may not be available anymore.

There may be other methods to mine apps from Android phones.

So hold on to those retired/replaced Android phones. There still might be some use for it after all.

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport
    02-27-15 04:56 AM
    Have you tired installing snap or Google play on your passport

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    02-27-15 04:34 PM
    I think Easy App Toolbox is easier for this use case, where an apk may no longer be in the Playstore or the version may not be. Just gmail any installed app you have on your Android device, does not need root.
    02-27-15 04:55 PM
    Have you tired installing snap or Google play on your passport

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    This about a version no longer available. The updated version is not the one I wanted. The version on my Note2 is the one I want on my Passport.

02-27-15 05:08 PM
    I think Easy App Toolbox is easier for this use case, where an apk may no longer be in the Playstore or the version may not be. Just gmail any installed app you have on your Android device, does not need root.
    Never heard of Easy App Toolbox. Might check it out. Thanks.
    Addendum: Just checked out EAT. Looks good for Non-rooted phones. I wouldn�t have a need for it but there are many who will.

Last edited by Smokeaire; 02-27-15 at 05:23 PM.
    02-27-15 05:10 PM