I'm thinking about coming back to blackberry, but I use Google's 2 step verification, therefore I need to have the app Google Authentication installed on my handset. Is this possible? I know Blackberry can install android APKs now, but i don't know if Authentication requires Google Service Framework or not.

I hope Chen is working hard to close the app gap before he launches into this new venture with Foxconn to sell handsets to Indonesians... I hope Foxconn comes back to Chen and say: "dude, we need to get Play Store or at least GSF for these handsets to even have a chance". People have apps that are deal breakers for the platform. App is like content. It is long tailed and you can't predict what people want, therefore you should just close the app gap 100% by striking a deal with Google. Or else still have a handset that is not a finished product. Half *** products don't make it. Period.

Google Authentication is an app deal breaker for me. I want to come back to blackberry, but not having Authentication makes it impractical.

Can anybody shed some light?
    12-20-13 06:43 PM
    Google didn't provide one, but fortunately protocol is open. I use Authomator for Google two step. It's nice looking and works perfectly!
    bpgc likes this.
    12-20-13 07:00 PM
    Agreed on Authomator, works perfectly including scanning the QR code.
    bpgc likes this.
    12-20-13 07:03 PM
    sweet.

what about google docs. I need to see google spreadsheets. is there something that is native for that? or do i have to use the browser?
    12-20-13 07:05 PM
    Docs to go will open the spreadsheet, but you will need to access the hotel apo from Google to access your file.

I moved to Dropbox and with integration on the device itself it's as if the files in my phone all the time.

Also BB10 with BlackBerry Link let's you share your files from your PC to your phone securely, so you have a private cloud as opposed to a Public one

Nice if you want to keep your files off the net but still be able to access them while mobile.

Make the switch you won't regret it.

Posted via CB10 from my Awesome Hub enabled Z10
    bpgc likes this.
    12-20-13 10:54 PM
    "Web HTML app to access"

Posted via CB10 from my Awesome Hub enabled Z10
    12-20-13 11:02 PM