Guys hey,

Can you help me on which of the listed apps work on the Passport whether there is a BB10 equivalent or sideload works just fine. After using the Priv, I realised I really need a pkb device. Passport SE looks wonderful. Thanks!

Shopping
    Amazon
    Ebay
    And big local names.

Social
    Google Allo
    Instagram
    Facebook
    Twitter
    Pinterest
    Snapchat
    Whatsapp
    LinkedIn
    Flipboard
    Tapatalk

Extra
    Spotify
    Playstation
    Nokia Here Maps
    Airlines (Lufthansa, Turkish Airlines etc)
    Booking.com
    Uber
    AirBnB
    A good travel wallet app (for boarding passes, even Google does not have one)
    Last edited by ardakca; 10-03-16 at 02:22 PM.
    10-03-16 01:47 PM
    Amazon, yes, device comes with Amazon App store and some sort of shopping App,

Twitter, yes

Facebook, only a very old version,

Whatsapp, partially, don't always get notifications and can't send pics without a third party App in the background bodging it,

Instagram, yes apparently; native Apps available

Here Maps, no; use Maps by BlackBerry or an alternative
    ardakca likes this.
    10-03-16 02:09 PM
    Here Maps, no;
    Actually there is Map for Heremap in Blackberry World and it is good even though it is just a link to the website. (I believe)
    10-03-16 02:54 PM
    Android AirBnB works fine but I prefer the web app shortcut on desktop.
    10-03-16 02:57 PM
    Search for Booking (Booking) from BBW works well (I use it regularly), Lufthansa app is in BBW but no idea how well it works, Blackberry Travel app is an absolute must, no native Uber app but you can use android app.
    10-03-16 03:04 PM
    Actually there is Map for Heremap in Blackberry World and it is good even though it is just a link to the website. (I believe)
    Basically just a shortcut?
    10-03-16 03:24 PM
    Basically just a shortcut?
    I am not sure about that. It seems to work nicely and is fast on my Passport. I am finding more and more "shortcuts" though, that work very well for me. PayPal, AirBnB, CNN, Expedia, Kijiji, LCBO, CRA are all web apps that I use and are more than acceptable (for me at least!).
    10-03-16 03:32 PM
    not really there isn't. that's just a generic made app and it's not even a part of HereMaps or related in anyway. it's modified and there's a charge of 1.99
    instead of booking.com maybe consider trying blackberry travel app? it does the same job and if not even better to be honest.
    10-03-16 03:40 PM
    What about pinterest and such? Amazon app store have it. How does that perform?
    10-03-16 03:51 PM
    Amazon app store performs decently fine. I wouldn't say that you will get a fast and smooth experience but it's Decent enough to download apps and install them of course. you also can get 1mobile market which will give you access to all android apps, old and latest. There are really many options and to be honest you should consider researching online and perhaps watching some YouTube videos regarding the device you're looking to get and what capabilities it has. Many have made detailed videos and you will probably be able to get much more info off that.
    ardakca likes this.
    10-03-16 03:57 PM
    Thanks.
    10-03-16 04:01 PM
    You're quite welcome indeed and good luck on your purchase!
    10-03-16 08:39 PM
    1mobile market
    not really there isn't
    Uhhh ya there is--note I did say it is probably just a link and did you see that I mentioned Blackberry Travel in post #5.
    10-03-16 09:20 PM
    Another question, does the quick launching from the keyboard work with the sideloaded apps?
    10-04-16 12:34 AM
    By the way forgot to ask, Spotify is a must.
    Last edited by ardakca; 10-04-16 at 01:30 AM.
    10-04-16 01:05 AM
    Uhhh ya there is--note I did say it is probably just a link and did you see that I mentioned Blackberry Travel in post #5.
    I'm not referring to your BlackBerry travel post? I was clearly talking about the 'Heremaps' post.
    You said it exists and you forgot to mention the fact that it is not the original app and it will most likely not function like the original app and not to mention that you have to pay 1.99 for it. I'm just saying it would have been worth mentioning that.

Also another thing that would have been probably been nice: Gather all the info and make one post? Perhaps 2? maybe not 4 in less than an hour.
    10-04-16 11:24 AM
    Another question, does the quick launching from the keyboard work with the sideloaded apps?
    Yes it does. Sorry, can't answer your Spotify question as I don't use it.
    10-04-16 11:50 AM
    I'm not referring to your BlackBerry travel post? I was clearly talking about the 'Heremaps' post.
    You said it exists and you forgot to mention the fact that it is not the original app and it will most likely not function like the original app and not to mention that you have to pay 1.99 for it. I'm just saying it would have been worth mentioning that.

Also another thing that would have been probably been nice: Gather all the info and make one post? Perhaps 2? maybe not 4 in less than an hour.
    I get excited. Sorry about that.
    10-04-16 12:56 PM
    No need to apologize to me my man. You're all good haha. Have a wonderful day!
    10-04-16 11:10 PM
    Spotify works great. No issues
    Used 1market to download the apk

Posted via CB10 on my PP
    ardakca likes this.
    10-04-16 11:12 PM
    Thank God users know about 1mobile market. Not a lot seem to know about it and people that do they don't happen to 'trust it' very much... /:
    10-04-16 11:16 PM
    Once I install all the apks I want I do uninstall the 1market. Not that I don't trust it, I just find it does seem to waste battery.

Posted via CB10 on my PP
    10-04-16 11:26 PM
    Once I install all the apks I want I do uninstall the 1market. Not that I don't trust it, I just find it does seem to waste battery.

Posted via CB10 on my PP
    I used to use 1mobilemarket and I think you can go into the settings and uncheck notifications etc. that may be causing you some trouble. I am using the Aptoide store app and prefer it but YMMV.
    10-04-16 11:32 PM
    Great detail. Plus it's a very great app.
    10-05-16 11:43 AM
    For amazon and ebay I use my browser or Zeus, and for youtube I usually also just use Zeus, but several of the BlackBerry World apps work good too.
    10-05-16 03:39 PM