Once an update comes out what is the best way to update the app? is it possible to keep settings and saved accounts etc?
    08-14-13 09:21 AM
    cant keep any settings or game progress that I have found. You need to remove the app and then install the updated sideload
    08-14-13 09:51 AM
    Xashas method

Posted via CB10
    08-14-13 01:05 PM
    Yes it is possible... I use Xsacha debug method and I update my android apps by simply sideloading the updated app .bar 'over' the old version, no need to remove/delete the old version.

All settings are kept, so the app does not need to be setup again. I have done this with plenty of my sideloads and I've not had a problem which is great as I hated having to delete the app to use the updated version as I had to always set the app up again.

NOTE: Please be aware I have not done this with every sideloading tool that is available nor have I done this with sideloaded games.

Posted via CB10
    08-14-13 03:20 PM
    Thanks Dealz417, Please could you elaborate on the method you use. I have searched but it would be very helpful to me if you could explain the method you use in detail.

I currently debug and convert the apk's and sideload via the Chrome Extension "BB10 / PlayBook App Manager"

appreciate it
    08-15-13 06:00 AM
    Never mind, I now see there is an updated Android-Pack to debug and it does the sideload for you.
    Very cool!
    Appreciate your help and pointing me in the right direction.

for others looking check out
    http://forums.crackberry.com/android...erry10-817781/
    08-15-13 06:20 AM
    I use xsacha's debug method to convert the apk(s) to .bar

NOTE: I don't use the sideloading feature in xsacha's debug method. So I can't say if it will work, although I don't see why it shouldn't.

Once the apk(s) are converted to .bar I use Steppschuh sideloading tool in this thread...

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=822807

... to sideload the .bar to my Z10.

When I want to update an app I convert the updated apk to .bar using xsacha's debug method and sideload it 'over' the old version using Steppschuh sideloading tool.

Which results in me not having to signin to updated apps with my account(s) every time and app settings are kept.

Posted via CB10
    08-15-13 07:07 AM